Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie UHC Choice Plus

Does anyone have UHC choice Plus? Any feedback regarding approvals or requirements would be great. I just started my process and I do have my 5 years of weights. Thank you everyone

Hi Mia83, I have UHC choice plus also. I had my surgery July 31st.....so happy!

My only insurance requirement was to have a BMI of 40 or higher, unless you have other health conditions due to your weight' then they may accept a lower BMI. My surgeon only required blood work, EGD, and ultrasound of my heart. My process was so quick, about 6 weeks! Of course each surgeon is different and may require more. Good luck to you!

I also have this insurance. Along with the psych clearance and post op nutritional support, I had to show 6 months of following a structured diet. Luckily I had saved my old weight watchers cards.....from 2002....and they accepted it! I am scheduled for VSG on 9/16.

I hope I do not have any complications with them. I called and verified 3x if I needed a 6 mos supervised diet and they stated no as long as I have 5 years of weight record . I have 3 from my primary doctor , 1 from my Ob gyn and 2 from a previous family physician . I hope they will accept them. I also got records from enrollment at the ymca and Shapes ( gym membership) My bmi is 40 .2 . Did you have to take a sleep apnea test?

Awesome!!! Congrats! Hopefully I can be a sexy September sleever as well, possibly October. Lol I see my surgeon on Tuesday . So we shall see.

QUOTE="angel22_99"]I also have this insurance. Along with the psych clearance and post op nutritional support, I had to show 6 months of following a structured diet. Luckily I had saved my old weight watchers cards.....from 2002....and they accepted it! I am scheduled for VSG on 9/16.

Hi Mia83, I have UHC choice plus also. I had my surgery July 31st.....so happy!<br> My only insurance requirement was to have a BMI of 40 or higher, unless you have other health conditions due to your weight' then they may accept a lower BMI. My surgeon only required blood work, EGD, and ultrasound of my heart. My process was so quick, about 6 weeks! Of course each surgeon is different and may require more. Good luck to you!

Awesome !! I pray UHC does not give me any troubles. Lol how are you feeling now?

I hope I do not have any complications with them. I called and verified 3x if I needed a 6 mos supervised diet and they stated no as long as I have 5 years of weight record . I have 3 from my primary doctor , 1 from my Ob gyn and 2 from a previous family physician . I hope they will accept them. I also got records from enrollment at the ymca and Shapes ( gym membership) My bmi is 40 .2 . Did you have to take a sleep apnea test?

No Sleep apnea test for insurance, but that might be a surgeon's requirement.

I feel amazing! I guess it's from losing weight, not eating all the junk, and of course vitamins! I even look forward to my walks everyday because each day I wake up I feel different because I am shrinking! I do struggle with head hunger but watching that scale go down definitely over rides that!! I was one of the lucky ones and had no complications and very little pain, mainly gas and feeling like I did 100000 sit ups. It is a major adjustment but it depends on you and how bad you are sick of feeling sick! I reached the bottom and decided I am done! LOVIN MY SLEEVE

So my dr visit went well. BMI 39.9 (really). I have to take my sleep apnea test next week, along with blood work to test for diabetes??? UHC requires 2 comorbities under a bmi of 40. My cw 225 height 5'3 to be exact from today visit. Now, just waiting on these test results. Thks everyone

So my dr visit went well. BMI 39.9 (really). I have to take my sleep apnea test next week, along with blood work to test for diabetes??? UHC requires 2 comorbities under a bmi of 40. My cw 225 height 5'3 to be exact from today visit. Now, just waiting on these test results. Thks everyone

let us know how it goes

I was diagnosed with Diabetes, and was rescheduled for my sleep study

I have no clue on how this sleep study will go tonight! Pray for me guys!