Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all. I was just sleeved on monday. I have two pills I have to crush. I mix them with pudding but it is still so disgusting. Any ideas? At what point we're you able to swallow pills?

I was able to swallow pills right away (a day or two after surgery). I do have one large pill that I haven't gotten back to taking yet. I wonder the same thing...maybe crush it (it's just really a horse pill). I'll be watching to see how folks make it palatable.

I did sprinkle my Biotin in my yogurt this morning, just to see how it would be. No taste change, but really gritty!

I took medicines that need to be crushed also. I just cannot do it. I have tried and I just gag. I am going to have to wait until I can take my meds in pill form to take them. This journey has been harder than I thought it was going to be. I am scared I made the wrong decision. Last night at 3 am was on our way to ER because I couldn't breath. Something is giving me major headaches and I have been told not to take any Tylenol in between pain meds. So I am trying not to take the pain meds at all. At this point I don't even care about the scale, I just want to feel normal.

^ tbahm - I totally understand! I felt the same way, I hated myself for getting the procedure done and felt I had made a grave mistake. I went to the ER three times after my procedure, I just knew something was wrong. I also had anxiety and crying spells. And this was all int the three days after my surgery. I had my sleeve on August 6th. I finally started feeling better towards the end of my second week. My doctor did not prepare me well at all in regards to the difficulties of recovery. But there is hope at the end of the tunnel. Oh, and I didn't take my pain meds either I couldn't handle the crushed pills...yuck! I did take liquid Tylenol when I could stomach it.

I just spoke with my doctor's office. They want all pills to be crushed, chewable, or liquid for the first four months!!! UGH!!! Then I can cut them down to the size of a Tic-Tac.

Sorry to hear you guys are not feeling well. I hope you get back to feeling normal again soon. I'm sure once the weight starts dropping off, that will lift your spirits!!!

I swallowed tiny ones right away. Like you I found crushing unpalatable so I started cutting the bigger ones in half or fourths and swallowed the pieces. I also got chewable where possible. Jr Tylenol chewable worked fine to take the edge off the pain and don't taste that bad!

Tpierce... Thank you for posting. I was feeling quite alone in my post surgery journey. I have undergone a double mastectomy and reconstruction easier than I have been able to recover from this surgery. Maybe I was under the impression since I went through a major surgery that this one would be ok. It is not ok. It is scary and I have huge regrets. The crushing of pills is horrible. I wish I would have crushed my pills before surgery to see if it was a doable thing. It is not for me! It is a game changer. I cannot wait to feel better. I feel horrible and I cannot get any relief for the pain. I have been following the doctors instructions as far as walking and drinking but I actually feel hungry right now. It's weird. Maybe because my husband is sitting here eating Doritos and now that I have had the surgery my nose is hyper sensitive. I want this over. I want to go back and I know I can't. I am hoping my kind will change very soon!

I swallowed tiny ones right away. Like you I found crushing unpalatable so I started cutting the bigger ones in half or fourths and swallowed the pieces. I also got chewable where possible. Jr Tylenol chewable worked fine to take the edge off the pain and don't taste that bad!

Chopping them into quarters, great idea! I have one med I need to take, it's a large pill and crushed in Water it's unpalatable, I just barely keep it down. My surgeon doesn't like to reintroduce whole pills until 2 months out, so this is a fantastic suggestion. Thanks!