Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I took my kids to Dollywood.... Couldn't ride a ride.... I did get on the river rampage.... With a lap belt extender.... I wanted to die right then and there when they handed it to me....I can't believe I've gotten this bad....

I had the same thing happen last year. Took my family to a amusement park and all I could do all day was watch them have fun. It hurt so badly because I'm usually the first one in line for roller coasters. I'm tired of being this way and I'm determined to change it.

Yeah it really stinks when you get b!tch slapped up side the head like that. But that's why we're all here. We all have that "no more!" moment when we make the decision to DO something about it. My moment was when I had to buy 3X shirts. I had fooled myself that I really wasn't THAT big but my clothing tags told me otherwise. Best wishes to you on your journey.

I had the same thing happen last year. Took my family to a amusement park and all I could do all day was watch them have fun. It hurt so badly because I'm usually the first one in line for roller coasters. I'm tired of being this way and I'm determined to change it.

I almost ruined the trip because I was so cranky. And it wasn't because the place wasn't fun!!! It was because I couldn't enjoy a single thing there. ????

I had my huge slap of reality in April. For the first time I had to ask for a seatbelt extender on a flight. I was traveling alone and was absolutely mortified. Luckily my WLS was already in the works and I had it done July 1. Next time to visit my husband on his deployment I want to use a regular seatbelt and make his jaw drop when he sees me!

Yeah it really stinks when you get b!tch slapped up side the head like that. But that's why we're all here. We all have that "no more!" moment when we make the decision to DO something about it. My moment was when I had to buy 3X shirts. I had fooled myself that I really wasn't THAT big but my clothing tags told me otherwise. Best wishes to you on your journey.

I went through the exact same thing! I had convinced myself that I wasn't THAT big. I started realizing how bad it had gotten when I started having to buy 2 and 3X clothing. The worst moment was when I saw myself (or rather didn't at first) in a group picture. I was looking where I should have been in the picture and was so confused that I didn't see myself and then it dawned on me, I was the big fat girl on the end! How did I not even recognize myself?! Horrible moment. My last straw was when I went on a cruise and on top of just barely fitting in the seat on the plane, I was mortified when I went zip lining and they had to give me an extra harness to hold my weight. Point made!! Lol

Edited by CrashNCamsMom

Getting the pictures from getting my tubes tided & seeing the visceral fat around my ovaries. I knew that if it was around these organs it had to be around other organs & that scared me. You can almost ignore how "fat" you are but that I couldn't ignore.

I had my huge slap of reality in April. For the first time I had to ask for a seatbelt extender on a flight. I was traveling alone and was absolutely mortified. Luckily my WLS was already in the works and I had it done July 1. Next time to visit my husband on his deployment I want to use a regular seatbelt and make his jaw drop when he sees me!

Oh I could have written this post, same exact story, flying alone on one of the European budget flight with really small seats and the seatbelt didn't click coz I was so fat. I needed an extender, thank God the steward was very nice and discreet. Luckily I was already in the process of getting my bypass, but I was still horrified.

I am flying again in October and I am looking forward of clicking that sucker!!!!