Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any suggested surgeons for BA/LIFT in Mexico?

One of the reasons I'm going to Sauceda is the amazing support forum for his patients. You can find it by googling sauceda support forum.

I too used Dr Sauceda on Cowgirl Janes recommendation. I am 4 months post op and am doing great. I'm going back to see him in the fall for a neck lift and upper eyes to be done. Everything there was much better than if I had it done at home in Canada. Go to obesityhelp.com and look up Dr S and there will be a ton of helpful information. Good luck with whom ever you choose. The next step of your journey.

I too would recommend Dr Victor Gutierrez or Dr Sauceda. Dr Victor Gutierrez uses twilight sedation as well, and I woke up feeling refreshed and not in any pain either. It is good to be able to recommend Doctors we know will put your health above anything else. I know Dr G did this for me. I am sure Dr S does too. Dr Gutierrez learned how to sew when he was a young boy. He was taught by his mother and all his stitches had to be perfect. We talked about this for a long time because my mom is a seamstress and taught me to sew perfectl stitches too. His incisions and sutures are perfect' because it is something he has been doing all his life.

Crossing the boarder was very easy and the drive to the San Diego airport to board the plane did not take long at all. It is something to consider. But other than that, you are safe and your plastic surgery results will come out beautiful with either plastic surgeon.

I interviewed both Doctors, Had several phone calls with both, chose the one I did because i didn't like the cut lines of the other and he said, it was all up to the condition of the patients skin, the outcome. The Doctor I chose is also a Micro-Surgeon and his incisions are flawless. It all depends on what is important to you. I just couldn't stand the thought of a big noticeable scar running all the way around me.

I have to agree with you on the straight incisions of Dr Victor Gutierrez and the perfect results of his work. He chooses a persons health and will not do too many dangerous surgical procedures at one time. There is no debate which surgeons work looks the best, however. . .

Some people want a ton of work done at one time and can only take off work and travel one time, and feel they will sacrifice straight incisions, and have many procedures at one time just to go ahead and get rid of the extra saggy skin that causes rashes and emotional distress for so many. That is one reason why people choose Dr S and of course it is good to have an alternative surgeon if they choose to go this route.

Edited by Sweet Pee

So I am sure no insult is intended by these remarks... but it might be read that way. On another thread, somebody implied Dr Sauceda's work looks like a hacksaw or something like that... it simply isn't true and really people should think a bit before slamming someone else's choice like that. Different people scar differently but mine are flat and are fading fast and surely do not look like a hacksaw or any such thing. As a member of his Facebook support group I see a ton of before and afters. Some of these ladies start out still significantly overweight and the improvements are astounding. It is life changing. Not everyone will get down to a 23BMI - and is just wonderful that he is able to help them anyway.

I want to clarify something to people reading... plastics are all about tradeoffs. i don't care who you chose - whether you stay in country or out of country - but sometimes comparisons are apples to oranges.

I could have gotten even tighter results had i stayed local and gone with an AMAZING woman in the Seattle area who has 25 years of before and after photos. I mean, her work is really incredible. However, that was over 3 surgeries and a crapload of money. In fact, she wouldn't even quote me on all the surgeries since it was going to be so far in the future. I had to think long and hard about not just the time off from work, my hobbies, impact on my active life and how long it would take to see the "end product". Even if I had gone out of country 2-3X it would have been a multi-year project. I found recovery to be long and difficult. I have a farm - I had to have help for 2 months due to lifting restrictions! I got a bit sad at giving up (temporarily) my active lifestyle. I can't imagine doing that over and over again - I am pretty sure I would never have done more than the initial surgery since it was such a burden to make all that work.

Also, the care situation in the USA is terrible. Most surgeons here in the SEattle area do it in a clinic and send you home the same day. Somebody drives you back the next day for a follow up. I am so glad I was in a clinic for 3 days, i really value the care. That is my personal... I don't know, hangup I guess. I wanted nursing care and couldn't afford to hire a private one here locally!

I was 49 when I had my plastics, just turned 50 in june... and I am done with all that reconstructive work. my results are great, I am very happy with them and I spent enough time at the gym and the beach to see that my body is better than 80-90% of the women over 40. I declare victory!

There are a lot of factors involved when picking a surgeon and I for one feel the incisions and sewing to be one of the most major factors. And yes I do feel I made the best decision. But I do have to concede that Dr Gutierrez does not operate on patients that are not at their desired goal weight, so that alone has a big impact on the final outcome. I liked Dr. Saucede, I had even paid my fee for the Las Vegas consult, before deciding to go with Dr G. The main reason I chose Dr G. is I found out 3 out of 5 of his surgeries are revisions from other PS's work. I need revisions from my previous work last year and Dr Saucede said he would do them but could not guarantee the outcome. I do believe Dr Sacede's outcomes are subject to the patients before's as he works on patients what tend to have intermediate surgeries along the way.

Also I thought I should add this, just in case it was misleading the center I had originally planned on going too before learning of either of these two doctors was cosmed, which I can not recommend...

Edited by AZDee

One of the reasons I was leery about Dr Gutierrez is that so many of his testimonials read like they've been written by the same person. They use his name over and over again in the message. Always his whole name spelled out. Never a period on the Mr. The sentence structure is always the same. AZDee is the first that I've read that seems to be authentic.

One of the reasons I was leery about Dr Gutierrez is that so many of his testimonials read like they've been written by the same person. They use his name over and over again in the message. Always his whole name spelled out. Never a period on the Mr. The sentence structure is always the same. AZDee is the first that I've read that seems to be authentic.

Wow this is really interesting because last fall when I was all set to go to that other clinic, I saw a review from a lady who had used Dr. G, it was on the other site realself. When I wrote on this persons wall that I was impressed with her photos and her surgeon, I received private warnings from other members that there were no other reviews and that most likely it was fake. So I filed it away and started my search for a different surgeon, since I was no longer happy with my first surgeon. Then in March they was a whole bunch of reviews that came in for Dr G (on realself) so I gave in and called them. I am really happy I did. Turns out Dr. G is not very computer savvy, so his website is not so great. I did talk with the person who wrote the first review and she explained that there are 2 different Dr Gutierrez's in TJ so she makes sure to be specific when talking about him...I even wrote that I took a chance, since that's pretty much how I felt since I didn't have the hoards that had gone before me...

I am a very real person, I promise you. Smile

I always write Dr Victor Gutierrez name out. Sorry for not sounding authentic. It is just the way that I write. Just dry and methodical, plus I have another language flowing through my head. Not good when trying to write English, which is my native language. I always tend to be a little too anal about my writing.

I know this question was about who we would recommend, but I thought I should share who I would not recommend...I had a breast lift/implant done April 2013 at the cosmed Clinic. My surgeon was Dr. Quiroz. At first I was delighted, as it was a good experience. The clinic was beautiful, the recovery center was really nice, I left there thinking everything was great. When I looked at my incisions and my sewing I noticed the skin at the bottom of the breast had been folded over and what looked to be a basting stich was there...I wore my sports bra 24/7 as told, it wasn't until I had reached the place time that I no longer had to wear the sports bra that I noticed the implants would move all over the chest from up to the collar bone to down to my sides...My surgeon didn't seem concerned with the movement or the folded skin, saying it was all normal and that when the breast healed they would be fine. Well things didn't get better and now it turns out I must have the implants removed and the breast pockets rebuilt and then allowed to heal for 6 months before being able to have new implants put in. I do how ever recommend my new surgeon who will be doing the revision, removing the implants and rebuilding the pockets, then at a later date putting in new implants.

Edited by AZDee