Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. I am new here. After a lot of rough waters I am finally having my surgery on Monday. (April 28th) I started my pre op liquid diet yesterday. I am getting really scared and nervous for the surgery now. I just wish I could fast forward to after recovery...

Edited by ap248

Hello and welcome! I'm fairly new to this site as well, and I love it. There are so many kind and compassionate people here. You will get lots of great advice. People are very helpful and you can learn a lot from everyone.

It's only natural to be nervous and a bit scared before surgery. This is, after all, pretty major. You'll do great. I experienced pretty minimal pain afterward and recovered fairly quickly. If you follow your doctor's orders, you'll be successful and have a speedy recovery.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! :)

Thank you. I just had such a rocky road getting to this point. Literally nothing in this process went smoothly. My insurance denied me at first saying that my co-morbidities weren't life threatening. My surgeon ended up having to call there and after a lot of work on his part, got it approved.

I have been seeing a medical weightloss doctor for over three years and we just can't get the weight to come off and stay off. This is my next step.

I have a small support system but also a few people that are judging me. I am just trying to surround myself with the positive at this point.

To top everything off though... I have a sinus infection that I am hoping will be gone with my antibiotics by Monday so I don't have to reschedule my date....

Hello. I am new here. After a lot of rough waters I am finally having my surgery on Monday. (April 28th) I started my pre op liquid diet yesterday. I am getting really scared and nervous for the surgery now. I just wish I could fast forward to after recovery...[/QUOT

Don't worry too much it's normal to have these feelings but they do go away the closer you get to your date. I'm praying for you and I believe that you will be fine. You'll get plenty of support and encouragement here to help you move further on your journey. God bless btw I'm five days post op and I'm doing so well it's unbelievable.

Welcome. I'm sorry you had a rough start, but I am happy that you finally got it all resolved. It is totally normal to be nervous or anxious, but I am sure you will do really well. You have lots of good things to look forward to. There are always going to be people with an opinion or a judgement...you know why you are doing this, and sometimes people can feel threatened by other peoples progress. Just keep moving forward and stay as positive as possible. Best of luck!

Everything will be fine if you had come all this way , the best still to come. I had surgery this past Tuesday and yesterday got out of the hospital.

The tough part has been trying to get 64 oz of liquid into my body, this was an instant disconnect with hunger. Walk, walk, walk..... After surgery.everything will be fine....