Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 days into week 3 post-op and my scale has not moved. I can't believe this is really happening. I am stuck looking at the same number on my scale since last Thursday 301. I have been walking 20 minutes a day, I chase around a toddler all day and I am on full liquids. Breakfast I have a Protein Shake, then Water, water, some more water, then 6 bites of Soup at lunch, water, water, water, a few bites of yogurt for a snack, then a Protein shake for dinner. Am I doing something wrong?

It sounds like you are doing everything right! At this point you have done all you can. You have had the surgery and eating and drinking. You will have to start losing soon.

Search for 3 week stall on the forums. About a million posts will come up. Your body is adjusting, and most of our bodies seem to pick right around this time for the first "stall." Don't worry.

have someone in your house hide the scale. B)

I weigh once a week - my doctor wants me to weight once a month

It plays too many mind games - focus on getting in Protein, eating what you should and Water, Water, water - the weight will come off, but don't let that scale derail you!!

I guess I shouldn't be to upset, I have lost 39 lbs since starting my pre-op diet until now. It is just frustrating I want out of the 300's so bad! My surgeon said my weight loss would slow down to 8 to 10 lbs per month instead of 7lbs a week like it has been. I am down a shirt and pant size so that a plus. I will just keep doing what I am doing and hope my body starts working with me!

You have got this !! I am 2 weeks out and the scale has hardly moved. I went to see the doctor today and he told me NO MORE SCALE!! We are looking at BMI from now on and he wants me to get weighed only once a month at his office. This will be a struggle but from everything I have read on this forum, it will be for the best. Our bodies are adjusting and it take time. I don't need my mind working against me. We just have to follow the rules and the rest will come. Keep up the good work.

I lost a lot of weight the first three weeks but since then I have been holding steady, it just goes like that. You will lose a lot of weight and then your body will stabilize and you won't lose any... just keep doing it, you will start losing again, try kicking up the exercise to walk 30 minutes a day, it might make a difference and what would it really hurt?

Good Luck!

I understand about the stalls. I was in a three week stall 4 weeks post op and I am happy to report that over the last two days the scale is finally moving down again! I had been off my blood pressure meds since the surgery and it had been normal. Then all of a sudden my blood pressure went up again. I took my BP meds two days in a row and that seemed to have kick started the weight loss. I am sure I was retaining fluids of some sort. My BP is back to normal again and the scale is moving. I also upped my Protein and exercise; that probably had a lot to do with it too. Hang in there. I understand about the frustration. I had convinced myself that I was doing something wrong and that I was going to fail at this too. It's all a head game. Your body is adjusting and will move when it's time. Good luck and stay positive.