Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a few days post op. I'm trying to get in all 60 oz's of Fluid which is rough for me right now as my belly is still upset with gas pains and such. I'm always afraid to drink too much, so I've been sipping on Water and Protein shake all day. At the end of the day, I'll be lucky to get in 11oz of my 30g Protein, Protein Shake and some Water. Yesterday I had a small 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth. It says that it is ok to have on my list of liquids, but I'm wondering if this is not so much of a good choice. Any opinions or advice on daily post op diets?

Thanks in advance!

I did drink chicken broth in my post-op days. I tolerated hot liquids over cold or room temp Water in those days.

I tried the low-sodium version but could not tolerate the taste. Drank the full sodium version. Not good I know for sodium levels but at that point I and my Dr were more concerned with getting fluids in.

Protein numbers will increase soon but you don't want to become dehydrated.

I had a problem with Water plain or flavored until my 4 month mark so had to improvise with other liquids.

Good luck on your journey!

If you need more Protein and did well with the chicken broth, you might try Unjury's chicken Soup Protein Powder. I had a half serving every day in the first four weeks after surgery and it really helped me meet my protein goals. It was so nice to have something warm and savory with protein instead of cold and sweet.

If you can tolerate the chicken broth by all means drink it! Your insides are still swollen from surgery. Don't worry too much about the Protein, getting your water/ fluids is more important at this point

In a few days you will be able to drink much more. Don't worry about drinking too much. The liquid doesn't stay in your new tummy long but when you move up in your diet then you want to make sure you don't over eat and stretch your tummy.

Good luck hon!

I think broths are on most every surgeon's diet plan, pre surgery and post op. Did you get a plan from your medical team? Even 5 months sleeved, we still have broth.

It does say that I can have it but I thought I had remembered my dietician say that it was a last resort sort of thing and so I didn't want to have it frequently if it was something I shouldn't be having all the time.

If you need more Protein and did well with the chicken broth, you might try Unjury's chicken Soup protein powder. I had a half serving every day in the first four weeks after surgery and it really helped me meet my protein goals. It was so nice to have something warm and savory with protein instead of cold and sweet.

Where can I find unjurys chicken soup protein powder? Do I have to order it online? Or can I get it from a store?

I tolerated warm liquids better, so I had broth (chicken, beef, tortilla Soup base, hot and sour base) with added powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder everyday. Also had diluted, strained cream Soups with Unjury unflavored during full liquid stage.

Pretty sure you have to get the Unjury from their website. I still add it to Soups, mashed potatoes and even pancake batter to up my Protein. I plan on using it in my crab cakes mixture this weekend.

unjury.com. However, be forewarned that you add it to heated Water, not HOT Water, or it clumps and is nasty. I bought a box of packages of the Soup mix and a jar of the soup powder also. It sits here because I cannot stand lukewarm soup and I cannot stand clumpy soup.

@@bollheam here is the order page for unjury, they only sell online:

http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/order-area.html

If you want to try their other Protein powders, check out the starter kit. It has a bunch of samples of different flavors plus they include a Blender Bottle and a food thermometer. If you don't have a food thermometer, you need one for their chicken Soup Protein. As the poster above mentioned, if your Water is too hot, the protein clumps and is disgusting! I'm a big fan of their chocolate splendor flavor, it is my standard chocolate protein powder that I use, and you get to try that plus vanilla, strawberry, and unflavored with the starter kit.

If you don't want all that, just order a couple sample packets of the chicken soup. Don't order a full tub of anything until you have tried it and liked it!