Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded 4 weeks ago, and I am down 25 pounds! I am super happy and I feel the results ready. I am scheduled 4/29 for my first band adjustment but I am nervous. I feel like I can eat a lot now? I thought I would feel more restriction. Not really sure what to expect...

Some doctors leave the band unfilled and some add up to 3 CCs. Even 3 CCs may not give you any restriction/satiety. It can take up to 6 fills before you feel the band working it's magic. Usually it's 2-3 fills but every one is different as are each doctors protocol for fills.

You'll be in "Bandster Hell"(very very hungry) till you get the fill that gives you enough restriction to avoid being hungry. Till then it's just another diet.

tmf

He's right. Use this time to learn to chew, chew, chew and take small bites to avoid problems once the band is tightened. As for the fill itself, it's no big deal at all.

I have had my first fill, my doctor only put 2 cc's in...which really has not given my any restrictions...so you really need to be honest with yourself and eat like you are on a diet until you get that fill (like everyone says) that get's you to that green spot. I'm looking forward to that time, but until then I am trying to be very mindful what I eat, how much I eat and especially how I am eating it!!! I have had to learn to slow down...it is hard to do, but I am accomplishing it day by day!!! You are doing awesome...Congrats on your 25 lbs!!! Will look forward to more posts from you. 2muchfun has his stuff together as does SandyM...they've been at this longer than we have...so remember to use their suggestions wisely...I sure have!!!

I was banded on March 27. I am down 27 lbs from 2 week prior to surgery to today. I have my first fill in 1 week. I can't wait! Very nervous about not feeling full at all right now. Feel that I could eat anything right now. Trying to keep my eye in the prize! Will I ever feel that fullness? I agree that it just feels like a diet right now.

I was banded on March 27. I am down 27 lbs from 2 week prior to surgery to today. I have my first fill in 1 week. I can't wait! Very nervous about not feeling full at all right now. Feel that I could eat anything right now. Trying to keep my eye in the prize! Will I ever feel that fullness? I agree that it just feels like a diet right now.

I had a stuffed pepper tonight. I was satisfied by the time I'd eaten 75% of it. But, I went ahead and ate the remaining 25%. Not a lot of food but it did give me a full feeling. But, that's not what we try for. I should have stopped at the 75% mark. I usually portion out my food so I don't have this problem but it's hard with some foods. Point is, you will someday feel full, but don't make a habit of it. That's why we lose slower than some other WLS. They have no choice but stop.

I had a stuffed pepper tonight. I was satisfied by the time I'd eaten 75% of it. But, I went ahead and ate the remaining 25%. Not a lot of food but it did give me a full feeling. But, that's not what we try for. I should have stopped at the 75% mark. I usually portion out my food so I don't have this problem but it's hard with some foods. Point is, you will someday feel full, but don't make a habit of it. That's why we lose slower than some other WLS. They have no choice but stop.

I hate when I let myself do that.

I think we have that "clean your plate" syndrome. I was raised by parents who did not like wasting food. We were punished for not cleaning our plates. I was told to sit at the table until I finished my plate. It was ingrained in me I know I catch myself now trying to finish my meal even though I am clearly getting signals to stop. I think I have thrown away more food in the past year than ever before in my life but I have lost 60 lbs so it's a win win for me. It's all a learning process and even though I am 67 I guess even old dogs can learn new tricks.

eating til full? idont see it that way. i want theigfts of self control and sellf discipline, the bible says that theyare gifts of the Holy Spirit. i ama preband but i had a gastricbypass and yes u can so eat stupidly...it's called stretching the pouch, i would imagine the same thing would happen with the sleeve.