Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded in April?

Yes! The worst bruise is where the port is. I dont find myself to be that hungry either and have only managed 16oz ofba Protein Shake all day so far. And have been walking as well. My stomach actually is making some growling sounds so I am going to attempt some soup! Lol. You can message me anytime to chat. Speedy recovery. :)

thanks, I'm in the uk so not many forums here cos it's not that common of an op,here , I .just had Soup, also,, I know this sounds wierd but I have been feeling really bloated and like I have stuffed myself so I thought hmmm .. Then realised I hadn't been for a number 2 (if you get my drift lol)!for 6 days !! So without all the gory details I have been ... And I feel,so much better !! Amazing the difference I felt , I was on a bit of a downer today thinking what have I dome ?? I can't feel like this for ever !! And all it took,was a clear out lol !! Sorry to be gross xxx

LOL. Not being gross at all. Totally understood!!! I haven't gone either but I am being told it takes time. I have been struggling to eat. Ate maybe half a can of Soup. But then I start to get a headache. I am still healing so I am not pushing it. Might just be my body's way of saying enough!I had the depression/remorse yesterday. I almost called the doctor's office to tell them to take it out!!! LOL

Hey April Bandsters. Great thread. I wanted to update everyone on where I am and continue to offer encouragement to fellow Bandsters.

It's been a little over two weeks and I feel great. Never felt sick once. Very little pain. Took two oxycodones over three days after and was feeling good. Had the shoulder pain. That was t fun.

I've been rushing the diet a little. Returned to solid food quick. But when I saw the doc just under two weeks after he looked at my scars and said - "they are healed. Haven't seen that before. ". Maybe confirmed my suspicion that things are going well because I feel back to normal except that I'm not nearly as hungry.

I'm on soft foods. Have had a bunch of this I shouldn't.

My one issue is my knee is killing me. It felt fine before. Three days after The surgery I took my kids to a movie. Walked in fine and almost couldn't walk out. Been up and down since. So weird.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm down about 20-25 pounds. Feel good.

Hi all! I was banded April 15. Feeling pretty good 7 days post op. Yay for mushy foods today!! Back to work teaching tomorrow and follow up appt at surgeon on Thursday night.. Feeling pretty good!

Hi all! I was banded April 15. Feeling pretty good 7 days post op. Yay for mushy foods today!! Back to work teaching tomorrow and follow up appt at surgeon on Thursday night.. Feeling pretty good!

hi all I'm 2 weeks banded now and doing ok .... But haven't lost any whieght ? I was on liquids for two weeks eg: slim fast shake and Soup lots of Water but still at my pre op whieght ? I did lose 21 lbs on the pre op which I did for two weeks but I'm disappointed really :-( I'm on mushy foods now and I'm scared because I feel I could really eat ? Not getting a band adjustment til may 13 th , I guess this is my time to prove to myself I have to be extra careful ? Any one else in the same boat ? Xx

I was banded April 1st and will not get my first full until may 15th. I lost 12 pounds preop and 11 post op. I just started soft foods on 17th and only lost a pound since then, so things have slowed way down. Doctor wants me to do 600 to 800 calories a day but at times I feel I could eat more, so I know how you feel. With post I have read it is pretty normal not to lose a lot during this stage so I am trying to keep that in mind.

I was banded April 3, some days I am really hungry some I am not. My biggest thing is not being able to use the restroom....no one told me about that. I am also retaining Fluid in my legs, which is normal for me, but my body won't release it, so I am taking on OTC waterpill until I can get to the doctor tomorrow. I lost 10 lbs post op and 15 lbs post op so far. My first full is this Friday. I'd love to get in the gym, but 30 min of cardio isn't worth the drive.

I was banded April 3, some days I am really hungry some I am not. My biggest thing is not being able to use the restroom....no one told me about that. I am also retaining Fluid in my legs, which is normal for me, but my body won't release it, so I am taking on OTC waterpill until I can get to the doctor tomorrow. I lost 10 lbs post op and 15 lbs post op so far. My first full is this Friday. I'd love to get in the gym, but 30 min of cardio isn't worth the drive.

ha I hear u with the restroom !! I have been really constipated for at least two weeks ! Only just getting back to normal now lol xx

When I go for my fill I am going to speak with them because I have Fiber and miralax...and nothing. Like once every 3 or 4 days. And it's forever for nothing

Banded 4/11/14! 2weeks post-op! -23pounds!

I feel great!

Banded 4/11/14! 2weeks post-op! -23pounds! I feel great!

Congrats Christine!

Congrats Christine!

well done !! I'm 3 weeks banded tomorrow and have lost 28 lb 23 pre op , I have to say my appetite is back but I'm trying to be careful , just spoke to the dietician and she has booked me for a fill on 13 may so just need to keep it real til then lol I have had two episodes of bringing food up , as I ate far too quickly , but it was ok as soon as I had got it out , how's all the April banders getting on ? Xx

I was banded april 7 and am so pleased. I have lost 36 pounds so far. I do wish it was more and am disappointed but I guess better than nothing. I am attching a pic of me on surgery day and a pic taken today.

post-208740-0-55968200-1399324399_thumb.png

[ATTACH]44023[/ATTACH]

Thanks everyone!! It's been a crazy journey! I went it for a fill about 2weeks ago. Got 2cc put in and it didn't really do much. I went in today and got another 1cc put in. We will see how it goes! I have another appt in 2weeks cause he wants to check on everything. He wants to pull all the Fluid and put it back. Just to make sure it's doing good! My fills have been painful! He said it will get easier the more weight I lose and I still have a lit of scare tissue there.. He just feels around for my port and puts the needle in and moves it around ???????? I don't like it it feels very strange! I just hate needles! Haha! But I'm hopeful it will get better! Plus it's worth it!! Like I said above I was banded 4/11/14 and I'm down -33 pounds now. My first goal was to be -35 by my b-day (June 27th) I'm pretty confident I'm going to make it!! I'm so excited and happy I chose this journey!! Oh and I didn't have a pre-op diet

Edited by ChristineZ