Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tips from success stories

I am having surgery April 2nd and am 23 years old. My starting weight is 329 lbs and my goal weight is 151. Obviously I know this will be a long process and everyone is different but I am looking for helpful advice from those who have a significant amount fast, like 100 pounds in the first six months and numbers like that. What diet did you follow- 3 meals a day or 5 meals? When did you start working out and what did you do to start?

Like I said I know everyone differs but would love some insight!

Each doctor is different. I would say to follow your own doctors instruction closely, exercise and track your meals.....congratulations and good luck

Stay positive, stay patient, maintain a food log and follow your plan. There will be times when you lose weight quickly, times when you lose more slowly, and times when the scale stubbornly refuses to move. No matter what is happening, follow your plan. Forget about second guessing why your weight is doing whatever it's doing - follow your plan. Every day that you follow your plan is a success. Celebrate every one. That is your definition of success, not what the scale happens to be doing on any given day. During the rapid weight loss period, stay away from the scales for at least a week and two would be even better. You have to allow your body to find its own way in its own time. Follow your plan as closely to the letter as you possibly can and before you know it...

You're gonna love the new you!!

Hey!!! My surgery is April 2nd too and I'm 23 too!!! Are you starting to get nervous?? I'm freaking out!! 6 more days can't wait ????

Hey!!! My surgery is April 2nd too and I'm 23 too!!! Are you starting to get nervous?? I'm freaking out!! 6 more days can't wait dde1c

I am! It doesn't seem possible that it is so close!

I use pure Protein Its 25 g of protein per scoop and 8g protein 8oz milk and I get vanilla so I can add things for flavor. But do know that flavor extracts have no sugar and lots of flavors to ur liking.

Thanks for the tip! I got the Premier Protein and loved it! Thank you! I had my surgery Wednesday April 2nd two days ago and came home from hospital yesterday .. I feel okay Today and I can hold Water down and 1 Popsicle I feel so full.. How do I get my Protein in on the clear liquid diet? ? Please help!

They told you clear liquid at this stage???? Mine had me sipping Protein Shakes and Water. Different doctors plans again. Congrats!!!

At that stage I was using the Unjury chicken Soup Protein powder to get my protein in. You could also use the unflavored and add it to your Clear Liquids to get your protein. I remember my surgeon telling me that it was more important to get my liquids in immediately after surgery than my protein to avoid getting dehydrated. By mixing the protein powders into my liquids I was getting both of them at the same time.

Yes just clear liquids for the first week.. And I'm worried because I'm not getting my Protein in. The Premier Protein I can't have until week 2. Ugh I think I might call my doctor to see if I can atleast have the Protein shakes.

Ask about Isopure from GNC. I was told by my dietician that it counts as clear liquids and two bottles of the Isopure makes up your protein for the day

post-203489-0-58153000-1396648772_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]43135[/ATTACH]

Pls no rushing ladies...yes clear fluids only during first week....let that stomach heal from surgery...no Protein til second week when you get introduced to Calcium products milk..yogurt..pureed soups...youve come this far....it will go fast trust meim 2nd week post op..plenty of food but im taking it slow and watching fat and sodium content....any questions id be glad to help...i have nutritional course and am an LPN. Good luck

Pls no rushing ladies...yes clear fluids only during first week....let that stomach heal from surgery...no Protein til second week when you get introduced to Calcium products milk..yogurt..pureed soups...youve come this far....it will go fast trust meim 2nd week post op..plenty of food but im taking it slow and watching fat and sodium content....any questions id be glad to help...i have nutritional course and am an LPN. Good luck

I don't think you can say that across the board. Each patient should follow their own doctors orders. Mine had me doing Protein Shakes as soon as I was released from the hospital on day 3