Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Favorite Store Now?

Since I'm not to goal yet I've been shopping the resale shops. Lucky enough to be in a city area that has lots of them.

One thing I've learned is that if I like it just try it on. The sizes varyjust as much as the names of the brands. Recently bought a dress that said 1X but also a size 14 jeans.

I bought some cute jeans at Maurice's. I'm still not certain how to dress myself now. Totally doesn't help I'm a terrible Tom boy. I had a blubbering breakdown in the dressing room when having to ask for a 5/6 and they fit. I had to explain it to the sales lady and I'm sure she thought I was nuts.

Walmart and Target for tops, sweaters, workout clothes and jackets. Macys for bras and undies and dressier clothes. Levis for jeans. Also have found things at Forever 21, H and M, Marshalls, Kohls, and Pennys.

Lynda

Walmart and Target for tops, sweaters, workout clothes and jackets. Macys for bras and undies and dressier clothes. Levis for jeans. Also have found things at Forever 21, H and M, Marshalls, Kohls, and Pennys.

Lynda

Linda I need to check out h&M it's in Santana row (across from free people) I think it's supposed to be trendy and cheap! Good combo :)

Linda I need to check out h&M it's in Santana row (across from free people) I think it's supposed to be trendy and cheap! Good combo :)

yep. And there is one in the Great Mall too.

Lynda

its was horrible :D nothing fit right, I was saggy in weird places, it was just bad...my 9 year old son thought I'd lost my mind :D

right now you look for clothes that hide the sagging...I am told it is all a part of making us well and healthy...It is nothing that a good plastics can't fix...Get out there and find something that suits you now kid...Later you can go for the really cool stuff.....K

Cindymg, I'm looking forward to that too! I live in a neighborhood full of eclectic little shops and I would love to be able to wear what they have.

Gamerirl, no joke about the pants. There are parts of this chick we see more of than her husband, lol.

Oh, and Old Nave IN THE STORE! That's got me excited, I like their stuff but you can order two of the same thing online, in the same size, and they don't fit the same way. Trying stuff on will be a huge help!

Mparkersmith, I suspect we're pretty similar that way. I always complain about not having options, but the truth is I'm not even sleeved yet and I'm already overwhelmed!

Soccermomma, 9/10 of my current shopping trips end the same way, with frustration and tears...I was hoping it would be better! :)

Thanks for all the great tips!

I like Maurice's, TJ Maxx, Target and JC Penney's. They all have great clothes for good prices. I don't like to buy most clothes from Walmart because I've had problems with the quality, but I do love their Danskin workout clothes, especially the price. They do last; I tend to shrink out of them before they wear out. :-)

I'll jump in and mention 6pm.com

It's all designer, name brand stuff at BIG mark downs, free shipping and free returns. They have a big variety of sizes too!

My island doesn't have much to chose from, so I'm big into online shopping :)

I'm still losing so I am shopping mostly consignment. I am loving the clearance racks at Loft, banana Republic, Anthropolgie, and Limited. H&M is fantastic (and cheap!) as is New York and Company.

I get very overwhelmed in Macy's, Nordstrom, Dillards, etc. because there are so many fooking choices. I feel like I want to crawl back into my plus sized ugly old lady clothes section and cry because I have no clue where to even start.

Lol the first time I went back to macys to shop after I lost the weight I felt overwhelmed too. Wha??? I have more than I department to shop at :P Hey I went to Ross yesterday to buy my dog some sweaters (she is freezing) they had some CUTE human sweaters too! I almost bought one!

Except I went in there for one thing and ended up with all new hangers and several dog sweaters :D

Shopping is my new sport. I do it every weekend! I needed everything new - clothes, underwear, bras, shoes. I also told my husband my purses were too big for me, lol!! But I love White house Black market, J Crew, Ann Taylor, Talbots, Macy's, Dillards, Old Navy, Target, Kohls, JJill.....pretty much everywhere. I'm a huge fan of outlet malls - there are several in my area.

When I first had to shop for new clothes (I'm on my 4th wardrobe) I found myself always wandering back to the Womens section because I was overwhelmed with all the choices. I still am not sure where to go in department stores. This past weekend I took my older teen/early 20s kids with me to show me where I really should be looking!

One thing for sure - it's got to be on sale, and I have to love it. It's such a LUXURY to be able to be picky because I can fit in normal size clothes, I no longer have to settle for what fits. I think that's why I shop so much (I don't really buy that much, just look) because I'm still trying to find my style and it's pure, unadulterated joy putting on size mediums and 12s.

Don't you love being able to walk away from something not because it didn't fit but because meh... It's ok but not great..

When I was morbidly obese it was about IF I found something that fit, I bought it :(

I am just looking to fit into all the clothes I still have in my closet that I haven't worn in years. My skinny clothes I call them. I am mostly a size 16, tight though, sometimes 18. I have size 14s and size 12s. Last time I wore all my 12s was about 75 lbs ago. And speaking of which, wouldn't you think that a 75 weight loss would drop me more than just 2-3 sizes?

But I do look forward to just shopping anywhere really and having the stuff I try on actually fit!