Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

How Do I Handle "Productive Burping"?

Views
Started by Mags, Jan 26, 2007 10:43 PM
6 replies to this topic
6 replies to this topic

Mags

Novice

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted January 26, 2007 - 10:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

I feel like I'm going through a bad patch with my band and need some help and advice!!!

I was banded on September 14 and after 4 months I'm thrilled to be down 45 pounds. The first 3+ months were fine, but lately I'm feeling more band restriction and I'm finding that foods I could tolerate just two weeks ago are making me throw up. I'm trying to be mindful of taking small bites and eatling slowly, but just can't seem to handle the solid foods my doctor wants me to eat. Has anybody had this happen to them?

Any advice?

Thanks everybody.

Magis

lianna

Bariatric Master

• My Blogs
Posted January 27, 2007 - 11:06 AM

Any time you PB make sure you follow it with at least a day of liquids to be sure that any irritation or swelling has a chance to dissipate. Many bandsters find themselves tightest in the mornings, if that is your case dont work against it....try oatmeal or a protein drink. One other thing that might be helpful is to drink something warm before meals. It really helps relax everything and makes it much easier to get good solids down!

Mags

Novice

Posted January 27, 2007 - 11:37 AM

Any time you PB make sure you follow it with at least a day of liquids to be sure that any irritation or swelling has a chance to dissipate. Many bandsters find themselves tightest in the mornings, if that is your case dont work against it....try oatmeal or a protein drink. One other thing that might be helpful is to drink something warm before meals. It really helps relax everything and makes it much easier to get good solids down!

Dear Lianna --

What great advice! I will definitely try this.

Mags

nursiepooh

Advanced Member

Posted January 29, 2007 - 7:51 PM

ok I am confused. what is productive burping? is that vomitting? I burp alot, sometimes after I drink. Is that the same thing you are taling about?

Posted March 8, 2008 - 7:06 AM

Thanks for that advice. I've been going through a patch of PB not sure how to handle it. I'm finding it hard to keep down any foods. So I'll do the liquid thing and also a heating pad might help, I think.

jojopom

Posted May 7, 2008 - 9:08 AM

Did you have a fill recently?

Tzipi

Posted January 4, 2011 - 6:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

I feel like I'm going through a bad patch with my band and need some help and advice!!!

I was banded on September 14 and after 4 months I'm thrilled to be down 45 pounds. The first 3+ months were fine, but lately I'm feeling more band restriction and I'm finding that foods I could tolerate just two weeks ago are making me throw up. I'm trying to be mindful of taking small bites and eatling slowly, but just can't seem to handle the solid foods my doctor wants me to eat. Has anybody had this happen to them?

Any advice?

Thanks everybody.

Magis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Oct 20
    pupichupi

Ugh so disgusted with myself, I gained 2 lbs for the first time in 7 months a...

Show comments (6)
View All Updates