Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 19th sleevers?

I was sleeved in December 19th and would love to find others with Similiar surgery dates for advice.

I haven't been able to drink anything other than Water yet. I've been to nauseated. But today I'm hungry. And I know I'm going to need advice of what I can drink the next 2 weeks.

I weighed today and I've lost 10lbs but I'm sure it was water weight. But hey 10 lbs is 10lbs.

I haven't started my meds back but I know I need to try to start soon..

Hi Biddy, are you taking your anti-nausea meds? I was sleeved on 12.19 as well and today I've been able to get almost 40g. Protein in, and drinking gatorade and Water off and on. I get a very sharp pain in my sternum when I drink to fast or too much, but I just breath through it and am fine within a few seconds. I'm not weighing until Wednesday, I don't want to get obsessed with the scale. Hope you can do better tomorrow. Good luck!

Traci,

That's awesome!!!

What are you drinking for your Protein?

Doctor told me to try liquids again tomorrow. That my body wasn't ready...

How's ur pain? I was allergic to the nausea meds.. Go figure. My luck..

Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing :)

I was sleeved on 12/19 and so far, so good. I was only in the hospital for one night and haven't felt hungry or nauseous since the procedure. Maybe mentally hungry (food commercials!) but definitely not physically hungry.

Traci, I would also love to know how you are getting your Protein in! I've only been drinking tea, apple juice (cut with water), chicken broth and plain Water. I tried Jello - but it was way too sweet for me.

How is everyone doing with pain? I am still pretty sore, but definitely getting better. It mostly hurts when sitting up from a laying down position. I am trying not to weigh myself - but it's been tough! I am trying to hold out until my follow up visit with my surgeon next week.

Thin Thoughts!

Lauren

I weighed I couldn't help it. I weighed 231 december 29th day of surgery and 219 today.

So not bad.

I pick about how much my stomach probably weighed that they removed.

The pain is getting easier. Mostly just from bending and getting up from a sitting position. And worst in the morning after being asleep all night.

I am hungry. I think I am anyway. I would die for a scrambled egg.. I did manage to eat a couple bites of yogurt down earlier. chicken broth is gross. Too salty. pudding is too sweet. I want a food taste. Not a sweet taste to satisfy my hunger.

My stomach is constantly gurgling?? Anyone elses doing that?

And a personal question. I still havent used the bathroom. When should I start to worry?

Kristy

I was Dec 19 as well. My doc doesn't worry about getting Protein until the second week. Today is the first day I will get in my 64 oz of Water. My stomach is continuously gargling too. My pain is almost gone and except for a low grade fever I'm doing great. I talked to the dr today about the fever and as I have no other bad symptoms and I have always been an easy fever runner we are just gonna watch it a couple more days and see of it goes away.

I was sleeved on the 19th too. Spent one night in the hospital so in all honestly I hardly drank anything on the 19th and 20th except sf Popsicles and Vitamin Water. Started yesterday adding unflavored Protein Powder to my crystal light and vitamin water. I also got down one Jello cup yesterday. I even put the unflavored Protein in my chicken broth. I am doing ok with protein because of that. Nausea has been ok, but gas is another story along with a few hiccup sessions and 3 bloody noses from the blood thinners. Ugh. Tomorrow I graduate to milk based Protein Drinks, yogurt, etc. my doc gave me a very detailed diet and instruction book so I have everything here. Pain is better today but still not brave enough to shower. Will try that in the morning. We can do this!!!!

I had my surgery on the 19" also. My stomach gurgles a lot too. I stayed one night in the hospital. My instructions say start Protein supplements 5 days after surgery or until I am passing gas regularly. The nurse said maybe wait for my first bowel movement because the supplement can cause more Constipation. I can't drink enough Water. I am eating my 2oz meals today but I do so slowly. It takes me more than half an hour. More like going on 1 1/2 hours. I started drinking Sugar Free Chocolate milk to try to get mor protein in me as this counts as my fluids too. I hope I can start getting my fluids in better. The insides of my hands are ashy. Never has happened before. Good luck to all if us making through the first weeks.

I also had my surgery on the 19th. Spent 2 nights at the hospital. I am home now.

My surgery was a removal of the lapband, conversion to VSG, as well as a hernia repair. I was sent home with a drain bulb still attached.

Still dealing with some discomfort and lots of gas. Trying to stay on top of my Protein. My diet is mostly Water, cranberry juice, a Protein shake, and a little Tomato Soup.

My doctors diet has me on liquids for 2 weeks before moving to purée.

Hi there,

I was sleeved on Dec. 19th, a hiatal hernia was corrected as well, I was in the hospitial 2 days mainly because I am very sensitive to anesthesia and pain meds make me really sick. Finally home with my little oz. cups of Water laid out, I don't want to go back to the hospital to have an iv for dehydration. I have been having trouble with mucus, having to cough it up hurts, I guess my sinus's are draining down my throat. Sorry so gross but I wake up coughing and feel like I am drowning.

I made some chicken broth today and have a SF Jello I taste every once in a while, but mainly water. I can feel every little bit go all the way down

My program is very specific about what to have, I notice that there are an amazing number of programs out there.

Luckily I have a good friend who had a RnY a couple of years ago to bring me back from the thoughts of why the heck I did this!

Just have to get by these first days,

Terry

I was sleeved on the 19th. Only one night in hospital. According to my doc's protocol, I started full liquids today. Have been able to keep down Protein Shakes so I feel much better. Felt so weak before the shakes. Have some pain under my breastbone that goes away after a minute or two. Weird thing is that I can't tolerate Water. Vomited it right up. Drinking Decaf sugar free tea. Overall I feel good. Gonna start walking again tomorrow.

I had my sleeve on the 18th! Stayed over two nights, gas pains in my shoulders and chest were brutal and difficult to take in a breath until the drain was removed. Today I feel great. Having 2 oz Protein drink here and there, lots of Water and using my pain medication still. liquid Roxicet is a beautiful drug. I am hungry. Anyone hungry?? I understand the sleeve must heal first before it is ready to work at its full capacity but geez, I wanted, No, I craved a bagel with cream cheese today but had 2 oz yogurt instead. I don't think I really thought about the fact that I may not lose weight because there are ways to sneak in easy to swallow high cal foods!! That makes me nervous! Ive been reading about alot of people not losing or gaining it back. my heart breaks for thoae who worked so damn hard to get to the surgery date and then not feel successful afterwards ! The kids made those xmas yummy sugar butter Cookies today and I observed and smiled and just smelled them. I did measure 2 tablespoons of eggnog added to 1% milk and sipped on that and enjoyed the Christmas flavor which was great. I notice now how codependent on food I was for several years. This has opened my eyes to a lot of positive changes I'm making. But the sleeve is not a magic wand I also am realizing that too.

Starting weight 7~20 was 264lbs

Pre-surgery weight 234lbs

Today 220.

I started getting really hungry on 12/24 and today was another full blown day. Again, having been on the band - I am pretty sure that my doctor on Friday will have me move on the purée foods. The liquid diet is the worse for me at the moment. My sense of smell is now super heightend.

I have to admit I did cheat a little with some cheese and watermelon. I made sure to over chew, as when I was on the band, and had no issues. One thing I am noticing is I do get full faster with the VSG than I ever did with the band. But the downside is, at least right now on the liquid stage, I do get hungry faster. I am sure this has more to do with linguists vs solids.

I was sleeved 12/17. My dietician said to get in Protein the first week, but it's not that important. This week I'm on full liquids, I've been drinking muscle milk, creamy Soups, sugar free pudding, and Water and have been getting in at least 40g of Protein if not more. I haven't been keeping track of liquids like I should but I know it's still under 64oz.

Clear Liquids you could try besides water:

flavored water (Fruit2O, Propel)

crystal light

Powerade Zero (MY LIFE LINE DURING MY Clear Liquids STAGE)

Wonton Soup from a local Chinese place (broth only)

Decaffeinated tea (Lipton, I even found Decaf earl grey)

sugar free popsicles (maybe this will help if you can't keep anything else down besides plain water)

Sugar free Jello

and remember to get lots of rest. Your body is in starvation mode so energy will be low if you aren't getting in protein your first week!