Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the weirdest thing happen to me. I had leg cramps that started on Wednesday at around 3am and lasted all day until this morning. It really freaked me out.

I literally had to leave work yesterday because it was so painful. I came home and ate a banana and 1/2 and orange juice (thinking maybe a potassium issue), and it didn't help at all. I moved around, took a hot shower, used icy hot, a heating pad and nothing. Aunt flow is here for a visit so I thought maybe it might have something to do with that (????), but never happened before. Anyway, woke up today fine THANK GOD!

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this before?

just eating a banana won't make them disappear, if you have a potassium defficiency, it will take a lot more than a banana to get rid of cramps. have the doc check your levels and continue to take potassium!

I had a leg cramp and got worried and went to the ER because I thought it was a blood clot.. I was 6 weeks post op.

I had the weirdest thing happen to me. I had leg cramps that started on Wednesday at around 3am and lasted all day until this morning. It really freaked me out.

I literally had to leave work yesterday because it was so painful. I came home and ate a banana and 1/2 and orange juice (thinking maybe a potassium issue), and it didn't help at all. I moved around, took a hot shower, used icy hot, a heating pad and nothing. Aunt flow is here for a visit so I thought maybe it might have something to do with that (????), but never happened before. Anyway, woke up today fine THANK GOD!

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this before?

Used to get them all the time and each time I did, was sent to lab for ultrasound to see if there was a clot. Its so painful to get ultrasound on an already painful leg...and each ot the 5 or 6 times it happened, it wasn't a clot (thank gd). But you gotta keep off the leg and keep it elevated until the phlebitis is gone.

Before surgery, I used to get leg cramps when I was dehydrated and low on Calcium. I suggest that you get it checked out to make sure it isn't a clot.

Sleeve4Me, That's the sensation I had when I first got my blood clot in my leg. It was like the worst charley horse ever and didn't go away for a couple of days. It's fairly quick to diagnose for a doctor, but the self-tests my nurse friend had me do did NOT give me conclusive results, so I'll leave those out of this post.

I think you should at least call your doc, if not go to the urgent care or ER. I know you're a long way out from surgery, so maybe it's not a clot, but I'm very paranoid over clots after my own experience.

Thank you so much guys! Wow I never thought of that! I called and spoke to the advise nurse at Kaiser and after answering a bunch of questions she said it didn't sound like a clot but scheduled an appointment for me for tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know what the doctor says.

Please do let us know! I worry about that in particular! :)

I went to the doctors yesterday and he said it wasn't blood clots (thank GOD). He said it could be a number of things. Restless leg syndrome, dehydration, anemia, Calcium, etc, etc...I had a lot of labs done and a chest x-ray as well. Thanks again for all your feedback, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for followup!

Thanks for followup!

:biggrin5:

Hi...I've read all the posts. I am having bad leg cramps from knees down. It's been going on for days and I have lost so much sleep. Of course, I thought about clots but then thought it was probably just potassium, dehydration if something else. I'm lying in bed know and if feels like I've walked miles up hill. Right leg is worse. Weird its from knee down. Any suggestions?

That could be dehydration. ;)

Hi...I've read all the posts. I am having bad leg cramps from knees down. It's been going on for days and I have lost so much sleep. Of course' date=' I thought about clots but then thought it was probably just potassium, dehydration if something else. I'm lying in bed know and if feels like I've walked miles up hill. Right leg is worse. Weird its from knee down. Any suggestions?[/quote']

Call your doctor. Blood clots tend to start out below the knee. I found that out the hard way.