Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dallas: Beware Of Dr. Maese

I agree with its my time. It took me over a month to get an appointment with Dr. Jay, but it was worth it, believe me. Do a search on Dr. Maese. You will find a lot of negative feedback about him on this forum from several different people. He might give you the fill you need, but once you're out the door, he could care less about your well being.

Thank you for the encouragement and the information. I had a big talk with myself this morning and did more reading and then called Dr. Jaysaleen's office and they can get me in on the 25th. I am just going to wait. Like I said I have had my band for five years and it has been a God send for me. In November when I had to have all the Fluid taken out all I cared about was getting better. Now that I have that problem solved I am just being so crazy focused on the 28 pounds I have gained. But, if I don't do it the right way I could lose the band forever and I just know I couldn't live with that. Thank you again so much for you words and encouragement....you really helped!!!:)

Im sorry but you cant blame a doctor for an infection if you are not for sure that it came from him!!!!Esp if you are a mexico pt!!!!Nothing against mexico surg but all the checking you are doing on Dr. Maese should give you enough skills to check on infections from mexico.....Google.com lap band infections from mexico!!!!not that hard...may suprise you!!!may shut you up!!!!!Small minds make the world GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry but you cant blame a doctor for an infection if you are not for sure that it came from him!!!!Esp if you are a Mexico pt!!!!Nothing against mexico surg but all the checking you are doing on Dr. Maese should give you enough skills to check on infections from mexico.....Google.com lap band infections from mexico!!!!not that hard...may suprise you!!!may shut you up!!!!!Small minds make the world GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little confused. In your first post, you said that you have been going with him for 6 months. In your second post, you said 5 years. Which one is it? And is it really necessary to start insulting people because they have not had the same experience as you?

Post#1

Great job!!!! has anyone heard of dr. maese in dallas texas??? He is wonderful!!! He is fast and painless on fills and I have lost so much!!! I was with a different doctor but I decided to change because after one year i had only lost 15 lbs but in the last 6 months since i changed to maese i have lost 45 lbs!!!!If any one is in dallas area you are a fool not to use him!!!!

Post#2

have been seeing Dr. Maese for over 5 years now for ALL my fills and have never had one single problem with ANYTHING!!! If there was an infection It is not proven that it was only his fault!! I have a handful of friends that went to mexico and all came back with infections that were not detected until after the were back in the states. Two of them have also lost their bands and they saw other doctors!!! NOt maese!!!but I guess we can blame him also!!! Why not!!! Dr. Maese helped me lose almost 100 lbs and in my eyes is a saint!!! I just hope he isnt taking the wrap for an infection that was out of his control. You know most doctors wont even take mexico pts right now in dallas area because of all the infection coming from there. One bad apple shouldnt spoil it all!! maese has always been the best in the area and is just kind enough to take mexico pts!!! Be careful who you blame for what cause in the end he is still one of the best and when these other doc's move on to the next big CRAZE he will still be the best!!!!Sorry just a little upset at small minds!!!:cursing:

Wow! Thanks for sharing.

I don't live in that area but it's nice you and those who have shared their experiences...nice you are looking out for everyone.

I'd just like to encourage anyone who has an experience like this to write a letter of complaint to any medical governing body in their area. This is negligent behaviour by the doctor and should not be tolerated.

Wow, I can't believe all the negative publicity on Dr. Maese. Yes, he is aggressive for fills, but when you are self pay like me, that is what I want!! I think he is wonderful and love him dearly.

Anyone looking at Maese, do your homework but don't trust the opinion of just a few people. He does 20-30 lap band fills a DAY. One or two of those won't be happy no matter what. Blaming him for an infection is crazy. Check with the Medical Licensing Board for complaints on the doc before going off the word of one person.

Misty

My Mexico Plastic Surgery Journey!

My personal experience with plastic surgery in Mexico after losing 85 lbs!!

WOW!!! I really do not agree with this comment at all was very surprised to hear tht anyone would speak poorly about a person tht will go above and beyond for his patients....in my case meeting me when i needed an unfill on a Saturday morning because my previous Dr.s office said to go to the E.R vs me coming into his office.

Dr. Maese is great he doesn't let you slack one bit...thanks to him I went from size 16 to size 4 he's all about reaching your goals and education on wht you can and can't eat ....Wht people dont know is tht infection has 120 days to show if it's going to "staph" so you're right people do ruin it for everyone else....which is a shame ...I Think Maese is great !!! Happy to hear you too....