Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burning pain from left incision

that burning pain finally went away. My surgeon really thinks it was just a pulled stitch from coughing or sneezing. Now I only have pain if i move just the right way. Other than that I feel fine now.

Funny, I just read this whole thread because I searched "incision pain". I too have the same burning on the left incision. I'm exactly a week out today and thought I was up to getting out and walking around. I went to the grocery store and about 10 min in, I was almost doubled over in pain. My mom and I had to get back to the car and head home. :( I also was sleeved by Dr. Nick at Forest Park. There may be something to this??

Funny, I just read this whole thread because I searched "incision pain". I too have the same burning on the left incision. I'm exactly a week out today and thought I was up to getting out and walking around. I went to the grocery store and about 10 min in, I was almost doubled over in pain. My mom and I had to get back to the car and head home. :( I also was sleeved by Dr. Nick at Forest Park. There may be something to this??

I am now almost 3 weeks out and haven't had the burning pain for almost a week. However, there is still swelling there and when I sit too long, slump over, walk too long, etc..it gets tender. It has gotten a lot better! I don't think it's any different then what others go through. It is just the one that gets beat the most. :)

I remember how easily worn out and quite sore I was at a week out. Are you wearing your binder? Mine did help a bunch. In a week you will so much better and then even better at 3 wks out. Promise!!

Thanks Can'tweight. It's good to know it will get better. I wasn't given a binder unfortunately, so I will just have to take it extra easy. wink.gif

You can go to Babies-R-Us and get a tummy supporter. My nurse said they work real well too! :) It's basically the same thing.

I'm a week out today and although I'm feeling better -- the left incisional pain gets me a lot!! I also was having a lot of trouble sitting in a chair or upright because my left side would just about have me doubled over. Never thought about the swelling -- that makes sense now. Can't wait until I'm feeling like my old self (minus the extra weight!!). Thanks for sharing the info, you guys are great!

4 weeks out here and the left incision pain for me is still here, its indented too and has been since surgery. I did go in to get checked out, ultrasound was done too and nothing seen. The PA decided it was likely a stitch pulled internally. Thankfully its not near as bad as it was, but still uncomfortable and if I move too quickly, I get a very sharp pain.

Ya know, mine is indented as well. Not as bad as right after surgery but still noticeable. Dang doc messed up my Hollywood Figure!! I'm getting a lawyer! ;)

Skinnyagain, did the doc say what would need to be done about a pulled stitch? Does it just have to heal on its own?

Skinnyagain, did the doc say what would need to be done about a pulled stitch? Does it just have to heal on its own?

Yes it will heal on it's own. I will tell you that at my 2 week follow up I was having no pain at all, and my Dr's PA told me she sees a lot of increase in pain on the 3 rd week. Well she was right I went from no pain to horrible pain on my left side again. It went away after 2 days and now no pain. So to sum it up you will be fine. Take your pain meds and you should feel lots better at 3 1/2 weeks out.

Yes it will heal on it's own. I will tell you that at my 2 week follow up I was having no pain at all, and my Dr's PA told me she sees a lot of increase in pain on the 3 rd week. Well she was right I went from no pain to horrible pain on my left side again. It went away after 2 days and now no pain. So to sum it up you will be fine. Take your pain meds and you should feel lots better at 3 1/2 weeks out.

Me as well, skinnyagain. Very odd. Pain comes and goes. Think it's when we over do it or something. Also, I think I have hit the so called "3 week stall." haven't lost anymore in 3-4 days. How's it going on your end?

I know this forum section is a couple years old but I'm 6 days out POST op and I'm having the exact same pain in the same location. I had my surgery at Baylor Trophy club,and it was by Dr Adam Smith. I hope this pain goes away. It burns and feels like I'm being cut with a knife. I also have a superficial blood clot in my right arm near my elbow pain oh pain.

I know this is a very old post but I am 8 days post op and am having the same stabbing burning pain under my left incision. Im wondering if it happened when I sneezed or when I accidentally(not thinking) picked up my 30 lb 2 year old. The funny thing is, I live in Alabama but I am moving to Rowlett May 31st! My dr. Only gave me 3 days worth of pain meds though, and this pain is something else!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Our surgeon and educational staff said if you have the bypass your pain is worse on left bc that’s where they insert the largest trocar. If you have sleeve it tends to be on the right because that’s where the largest one is with that procedure. This may not be the same surgeon to surgeon but for what it’s worth that’s what they said. It is such bad pain sometimes people go to the ER so they wanted us to know up front what it was. Good to know you’re feeling better though 😀