Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

P90x

Views
Started by BlackBerryJuice, Sep 14, 2010 1:59 PM
22 replies to this topic
Share this topic with all your friends:

22 replies to this topic

BlackBerryJuice

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgery Date: Aug 2010
  • Starting Weight: 208 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 67 lbs
  • Current Weight: 141 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 145 lbs
  • BMI: 23.5
Posted September 14, 2010 - 1:59 PM

So I got a P90X set on Ebay for my boyfriend and I. I'm not starting it for another couple of weeks, once I'm cleared for more intense exercise, but we have to go shopping for supplies this weekend. Can someone enlighten me as to what I need? The introductory video mentioned a set of weights and yoga mats, but I think I've also seen something about a resistance band set. Is anyone familiar with it? I'm wondering if I need different bands, or if one set of bands is sufficient.

christina@MIA

Posted September 14, 2010 - 2:44 PM

My husband had to buy a pull up bar, these circle things that help with push ups, and that thing that looks like a jump rope but is not.

mightymouse

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
  • My Blogs
Posted October 6, 2010 - 9:51 PM

resistance bands
push up bar
chin up bar attaches to door
mat
weights arent needed in the beginning if you have bands

Swiftflow

• My Blogs
Posted October 8, 2010 - 1:08 AM

Just remember to take it slow and do what you can. P90x is very intense and allot of the exercises are body weight based--this can be hard on some of us bigger folks because we are heavy and doing something like normal push ups may be out of the question let alone 6 different types of a push up in one workout. So you do what you can with push ups on your knees or against a wall leaning etc until you build up to doing them regular. The Pause button is your friend. That said, the principles are very solid and I plan to use some of the videos as tools in my journey to help challenge myself. I think the best part about the whole thing is you can do all of it without having to go to a gym. Some may not be aware, but there was an original P90 program before the P90X that starts at an easier level if you feel overwhelmed at the intensity level. Personally, I am continuing to run for my cardio and try to mix in some of the exercises now and then from P90x as a tool.

BlackBerryJuice

• Surgery Date: Aug 2010
  • Starting Weight: 208 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 67 lbs
  • Current Weight: 141 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 145 lbs
  • BMI: 23.5
Posted October 9, 2010 - 2:13 PM

I'm more concerned about my boyfriend than myself for the intensity level, haha...I used to box competitively, so I'm used to very challenging workouts. We haven't started it yet because I got an awesome discount for an unlimited one-month bootcamp, so we've been going there instead. Lots of plyometrics, we did 2 days in a row and today I'm pretty sore! But I got us resistance bands, weights ranging from 3 to 20 lbs, a chin-up bar, and yoga mats, so I'm excited to start P90X in November once the bootcamp's over.

sleeveorbust

Posted January 5, 2011 - 10:48 PM

I just wanted to revive this P90X thread because I am starting to do it tomorrow... and I was wondering how the program is going for people... and whether or not the extra materials that you need to buy are mandatory???

determined1

• Surgeon: Todd Burry
  • Current Weight: 260 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 150 lbs
  • BMI: 40.7
Posted January 6, 2011 - 11:41 AM

I have been wanting this!!! :( Let us know how its going!! Good luck.

LESLIEH

Guru in Training

• Surgeon: David Suh
  • Surgery Date: Nov 2010
  • Starting Weight: 309 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 166 lbs
  • Current Weight: 143 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 160 lbs
  • BMI: 23.1
Posted January 6, 2011 - 12:58 PM

My hubby burned the P90x for me but I've been so scared to try it out. So keep us posted on how your doing with it and I might just have to jump on the bandwagon

Dawn

Posted January 6, 2011 - 1:03 PM

I am excited for when I can finally do this! I bought it over a year ago and haven't been able to even try it! LOL

sleeveorbust

Posted January 6, 2011 - 9:19 PM

We started today... on the lean program and the hr was challenging but we got through it and I feel really good that I made it through the whole hour!! :lol: Its definitely a way of exercising that you know you are not wasting your time to get results... every second is used and you feel great afterward... I will let you know when im done the first week HAHA.. maybe my tune will be different.. but Im for sure sticking to the 90days!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics