Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve talk.

Guest Melanie1@LBT

Guest Melanie1@LBT

Hi everyone,

I have been reading all of your stories and am amazed!!!

Thankyou for sharing your stories, hurdles, and successes.

I have been searching for a while now for a Gastric Sleeve forum and haven found one. I was chatting with another Sleeve freind of mine and she decided to create one. We would love to hear from any sleevers and get to know you. There is a Lapband section too, and we welcome any WLS experiences!!! Please come along and have a look, we would love see you there!!!

http://weightloss-support-forums.com

Thanks again!!

Mel.

Originally posted at www.lapbandtalk.com

Guest Elisabethsew@LBT

Are you using this forum to get people to come to the forum your friends created?

Guest Melanie1@LBT

No, I just wanted to share my story and share a site in which I have found a place where sleevers can go to chat, meet others etc.

I did not intend to insult or offend anyone, so I am very sorry if I have.

I noticed that there were questions asked that no one seemed to be answering, and I thought I would help out. Thats all.

I very much wish I had found your site before I had my surgery, as there obviously would have been support here for me, but I didnt.

Once again, I do apologise if I have offended anyone.

Mel.

Guest Elisabethsew@LBT

You don't need to apologize. I asked because sometimes people advertise and that's against the rules. The sleeve is a relatively new procedure that a lot of people are just hearing about. Some of the members of this forum have had it done and it's always good to start a new thread where people with common interests can discuss and debate and share.

Guest Melanie1@LBT

oh no problem. I have been sleeved just over 2 weeks now, so I am really new to it, and I only know 3 people to have it done! So I am hanging out to chat with other sleevers and compare notes!

Thanks!

Guest Melanie1@LBT

Hi Trell,

So far so great!

I am happy with my decision to do this, I have lost ten kilos in the last three weeks, and i am feeling fantastic. Of course I have a long way to go, and alot of weight to lose, but there has been no complications, just getting used to a smaller stomach, and learning when I am full. Its not long before I am full, and when I am full, I am so full I cannot have one more teaspoon. So it pays to stop short of filling my stomach, and I am happy with that rather than feel uncomfortable because I have overdone it. They say it can can be easy to stretch your new tummy within the first 6 weeks, so I eat less than the 250mls. I am eating about 200mls, to 220 mls per meal. I measure the food too, so that I have no opportunity of over eating. I am sure that once I get used to the amount of food I can have, I wont need to measure any longer. Sorry, now I am going on...

I hope that helps..? Ask away though!

Hayley

Guest rhbryant@LBT

I am trying to find out the good, the bad and the ugly on both. My mother had the band last November and is doing fairly well. I am trying to deside which would be the best. I really have not found anyone who has anything bad to say about either. Does anyone have anything bad to say about either proceedure?

Guest MacMadame@LBT

If you want to find out the bad of Lap Band, go to the Complication and Life After Banding forums on this site. It will give you a good picture of the worst that can happen. But once you get that picture, I recommend RUNNING AWAY because going there every day can give you a warped picture too.

There isn't any place like that for the sleeve though. There is only one all sleeve board I've found (Gastric Sleeve Support) -- most of the rest are places that have boards for all the WLS and the sleevesters have their own place, but it's all mixed together.

Anyway, I've been trolling the internet looking for the bad and there doesn't seem to be much of it. Some people are nauseous for a lot of the first 6 months to a year. Some have trouble eating certain foods. But most don't have these issues. There are people who aren't happy with their weight loss who revise to the DS, but not a lot.

The rest of the negative stuff is the same as with any surgery -- dealing with carbs, trying to exercise when you don't really want to, falling back into old habits, stalls, etc. You'll find that in the band forums as well.

Guest JaJeanne@LBT

MacMadame- congrats on your weight loss, I can't wait for the day I see the 100's...I haven't been under 200 in decades so thanks for the inspiration. Melanie1- great idea in limiting and measuring, how are you dealing with your head hunger? Mine is very stubborn and still very much alive, but the physical hunger is very little, so that's good. I just can't seem to tackle the food addiction, but I'm working on it. Do you all have any tips or things that have helped you? Thanks, Jeanne

Guest rhbryant@LBT

Thanks for your response. Do you fill like you get enough Water? I live in the desert and drink water all the time and do not fill like i keep up some times. with the sleeve i don't know how that will effect dehydration?

Guest rhbryant@LBT

did you have any concerns about going to Mexico to get it done. Thats were my mother went and got her lap band done and she thought it was the best hospital she had ever been in.

Guest MacMadame@LBT

I'm still pre-op. I get my sleeve in about a month. So I do okay with Water now but I think it will be harder afterwards.

Hi ! Everyone I am 57 yrs old and had the Sleeve done on July 29,13. I have lost 69 lbs so for I am at 199 lbs. I live in Lufkin, Texas, I had my surgery in Tyler, Texas @ Trinty Mother Francis, Dr. Robert McKinney was my surgeon. He is wonderful, I did not have any problems after my surgery, I waited until I started eating real food to have problems. There are certain foods that make me sick ground meat, pork chops, steak I eat it and it comes back up does any one else have this problem? I get cold faster than I used I'll have my jacket on and everyone else is hot. I have no regreats that I had the Sleeve done I feel so much better than I did a year ago, I do have Diabeties, High Blood Pressure, Fibrimyalgia, Syringomyeila, Osto Arthritis, Herenated Disk in my LSpine. I havr been able to cut most of my insulin down to twice or once a day which is great. Sorry I droned on Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.