Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PAIN IN LEFT SIDE?!

Hi all, I was wanting to know if anyone may have this strange pain in the left low & left middle of tummy!? I know my port was placed directly above my belly button and I have a total of 5 insi

Hi all' date=' I was wanting to know if anyone may have this strange pain in the left low & left middle of tummy!? I know my port was placed directly above my belly button and I have a total of 5 insi[/quote']

Oops sent before I completed.....I was saying I have a total of 5 cuts , two on the left one in the middle (bra line) and one slightly to the right! I have seen doctors about this pain which comes on randomly and feels like bad cramping !? I have had an ultra sound which didn't show anything but the pain has been there since my April surgery!? Can anyone relate to this!? I also do get the referred pain in my left shoulder still but never at the same time!? I'm at a bit of a loss!?

Could it be your intestines? Do you find yourself constipated? Possibly diverticulitis? Just some random thoughts.

But continue going to your doctor to find out what's wrong. You shouldn't be in pain.

It could be my intestines, I will head back to the Doc & ask the question and get some most tests! Thanks for reply! :)

I am 9 months pregnant and I have horrible pain in my left side, almost where my ribs are. it gets almost unbearable after I eat and it hurts into my back. The skin on top of it stings to touch also. My port is also sticking out under my skin and it hurts too. Everybody, including my Dr., says mine is gas & my port catheter pushing on my diaphragm. but not 100% sure. Hopefully it will stop when I have my baby tomorrow! Let me know if you find another reason for the left side pain! thanks and I hope you feel better soon!

I had to have an emergency csection this morning because my Water broke & I was having back pain and kidney pain, strong contractions! They had to put me to sleep for my csection. Horrible!!!! But the rib pain is gone! My baby weighed 11 POUNDS & 2 OZ & WAS 22 INCHES LONG!!! I had a toddler!!!! lol She is in nicu because her oxygen level was low. :-( they said she is improving but I'm still worried. My pain from my lapband is gone! I don't know if its from the morphine or just because my big baby came out :-) I am hoping it was just trapped gas & my uterus pushing it on my diaphragm

Congratulations!!!!! What a big bundle of joy... I pray you & the baby have a safe & speedy recovery!

UPDATE......the pain I was having on my left side is now also on my right side! I returned to the doctor and she booked me in for an internal ultra sound and it turns out the pain is from Uterine Fibroids! Apparently very common in women my age 37! Not life threatening and nothing really to worry about other then the pain they cause but its just good to know the cause and I was no imagining it! Thanks for all your replies and pushing me to go back to the doc.....!

I had to have an emergency csection this morning because my Water broke & I was having back pain and kidney pain' date=' strong contractions! They had to put me to sleep for my csection. Horrible!!!! But the rib pain is gone! My baby weighed 11 POUNDS & 2 OZ & WAS 22 INCHES LONG!!! I had a toddler!!!! lol She is in nicu because her oxygen level was low. :-( they said she is improving but I'm still worried. My pain from my lapband is gone! I don't know if its from the morphine or just because my big baby came out :-) I am hoping it was just trapped gas & my uterus pushing it on my diaphragm[/quote']

Aww congratulations!

Mandy, I'm glad you were able to find out what was causing your pain! Glad its nothing life threatening! And thank you everybody :-)

Congrats to you with your beautiful new baby!!!

;-D

Hi all,

so I have an update on the pain on my Left side (upper left abdominal) and also left pain in shoulder!!! The pain in my lower left side and had also transferred to the right in pelvic area was found to be Uterine Fibroids which is ok and quite normal for my age but I still have this pain on the upper left side (higher up) of tummy like a bad cramping and its there most days but not all!!! I had a CT scan which came back ok but the doctor thinks its now the Vagus Nerve which is causing the pain in tummy and also is still in left shoulder now & then.....but the pain is not normally at the same time in those areas! They said it may or may not settle down in 6-12months but they basically said "You have to decide if you can live with the pain or not"!? They also said unfortunately some people do have this kind of trouble with the nerve.......with that in mind ill be putting up with it for now to see how it goes down the track!!! :-/