Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tues Surgery & Battling Desire to Eat!!!

I have 48 hours!!! to go before my Lap Band surgery, I'd been doing so well on the liquid diet but for the last two days I've been battling to eat some real food!!!:angry: I don't know if it is mental hunger or physical hunger.:( Yesterday I slipped and ate about 10 potato chips, then felt so bad I've been doing all the liquids & shakes I can to stay full this weekend and its not working. I determined to fight through it, but wondered if this happened to anyone else???

I have stocked my cabinet with all the necessary items for my post op recovery and was previously doing well on the liquids since Sept 19, why oh why is this happening?. I ''m wondering if it may be the different Protein Shake. I had been using Unjury and my next shipment isn't due to arrive until Wednesday when I expected to be released from the hospital. I ran out on Friday and I've been drinking the Ensure High Protein shake, could this have made the difference?

I had to go to Wal-Mart this morning to stock up on items and it took everything I had in me NOT to pick up something I could chew on.. Any suggestions on how I can make it through and stay focused??? I have to go into my office to work tomorrow, I almost just want to shut myself up in my condo until Tuesday to make it.. This is almost sad, I feel like a "recovering" addict or something fighting off the need for a "fix"!!!

"Cynsayshun"

I think that is totally normal. I was the same way, did really good up until a couple days before my surgery and then felt like I needed to get in all my favorites before. I didn't and stuck to the liquids but totally felt like it was a battle. After the surgery I sort of felt like there was a light at the end of the liquid diet tunnel, lol. You will feel a lot better if you stick to the guidelines but for sure don't beat yourself up for eating those potato chips. Just keep your eye on the prize :). My surgeon said it is not going to kill you to indulge every once in a while. Good luck with your banding!

I don't think ensure high Protein has enough protein. I would by a ready to drink Protein Shake if that's what you prefer. Try to stay less than 160 cal for 25-30 g protein. Premier brand from costco is very good.

Thanks to you both for responding.. I made it through today :lol: without any slip-ups!!. I will be fine tomorrow while at work and after I come home tomorrow evening.. I will have my dinner Protein Drink & later Water & get ready for my surgery on Tues.. I can see the finish line for the surgery and that feels awesome.. The Ensure High Protein Shake has 25g of Protein, which is more than the Unjury which only has 20 gr per 1 cup then I mix it with skim milk.. I'm glad this weekend has come to an end :rolleyes: