Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

I'M READY TO SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views
Started by BamaBrandy, Jul 06, 2011 7:10 PM
47 replies to this topic
Share this topic with all your friends:

47 replies to this topic

lamachine69

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgeon: Michael Choi
  • Surgery Date: Oct 2010
  • Starting Weight: 185 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 0 lbs
  • Current Weight: 185 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 145 lbs
  • BMI: 29
Posted July 30, 2011 - 12:34 PM

i was banded in 2008, its been a nightmare!! landed in the hospital twice, the doctor choi didnt care, he left me there to suffer! he is the one who over filled me, nothing but a quack, now they want more money to remove the dumb thing!! nightmare from hell!!never go to strax in south florida, iim now 35k in debt for hospital bills, im tryin to find a lawer,i would not wish this on anybody! i also lost my job becouse of it, food gets stuck all the time!! i need it removed!!! HELP ME.

54Shirley

2 X Loser !

• Surgeon: Ernest Cudjoe
  • Surgery Date: Oct 2006
  • Starting Weight: 356 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 135 lbs
  • Current Weight: 221 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 150 lbs
  • BMI: 39.1
  • My Blogs
Posted July 30, 2011 - 1:46 PM

You need to find another Dr.... I went threw a very similar situation, so I know what your talking about. I did a post on here titled I want this piece of Garbage taken out !
After I posted it, a Hospital called me up, and said we are going to accept you as a patient, and have a appointment for you For a Fill done under Fluoroscope, or Revision surgery if necessary.

It turned out all the problems with the band were do to bad aftercare. There was nothing wrong with the band, and I was stuck too, all the time.
They filled me to my fill line, and it works !

So you have to have your records, and your Post Op Notes (these are very important!) Also make copies, because a lot of Doctors will say that they will not touch someone else's mistake ! THAT"S EXPECTED !
It will take you some time, but eventually someone will take you in, and check you out, and straighten you out.

You asked for help ! That's the best help that I know of. So Good Luck with your research, and I wish you well.

Shirley.

BamaBrandy

Advanced Member

• Surgeon: Bradley Marker
  • Surgery Date: Aug 2011
  • Starting Weight: 475 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 52 lbs
  • Current Weight: 423 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 250 lbs
  • BMI: 59
Posted July 30, 2011 - 7:31 PM

Hello All!! Just wanted to touch base with those of you who have been following this thread. Thank you all for the support and kind words!! Right now I am just working hard and following my diet to try to get these lbs off by the 8th when I see the surgeon again. What he tells me on the 8th will determine if I will find another surgeon or not. If he says I've lost enough to get my band well then he can give it to me and if he says I haven't lost enough well then I will seek a second opinion. :) Trying to stay positive and focused!!

54Shirley

2 X Loser !

• My Blogs
Posted July 30, 2011 - 10:33 PM

You just keep Faith, and Plugging along.

It doesn't matter how you get there, just as long as you arrive.

dropsizes

Expert Member

• Surgeon: Alan Geiss
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2011
  • Starting Weight: 265 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 27 lbs
  • Current Weight: 238 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 160 lbs
  • BMI: 40.8
Posted July 31, 2011 - 3:47 PM

Hello All!! Just wanted to touch base with those of you who have been following this thread. Thank you all for the support and kind words!! Right now I am just working hard and following my diet to try to get these lbs off by the 8th when I see the surgeon again. What he tells me on the 8th will determine if I will find another surgeon or not. If he says I've lost enough to get my band well then he can give it to me and if he says I haven't lost enough well then I will seek a second opinion. :) Trying to stay positive and focused!!

Hey Girl,
Good to hear you are staying positive. That is the best thing you can do. Now what I can do for you is to pray for you that it all come together for you. Just so you know I just don't pray for just anyone...lol.

Hang in there girl. Never give up on what you want !!
Take Care Of YOU!!

Mary

BamaBrandy

Advanced Member

Posted August 4, 2011 - 9:00 PM

I went to the Dr for a check up yesterday, check out my ticker LOL down 8 more lbs!!! I meet the surgeon again Tuesday, I'm praying he will OK me for surgery. Say a prayer for me guys!! I will keep you all posted! :D

54Shirley

2 X Loser !

• My Blogs
Posted August 4, 2011 - 10:26 PM

Wooo Hooo ! You go girl...

BamaBrandy

Advanced Member

Posted August 11, 2011 - 10:46 PM

I finally got my surgery date!!!!! I will be banded on Aug. 29th!!! I am beyond excited. My surgeon was a bit of a jerk at our last meeting, after him telling me what I had to lose to get my band I lost it and then he still didn't want to do surgery!! He Say's "I think you need to lose another 15-20 lbs" Keep in mind I've lost 46lbs already. I just flat out told him "look, I have done EVERYTHING you have told me to do and I want my band! Either you can do it or someone else will!" He acted a little taken back, but I got my surgery date. If it weren't for the fact of this surgical center being the only one around for a couple hundred miles that does this type of surgery I surly would have taken my business else where, but I don't want to have issues getting fills close to home if I leave this surgery center. I am on all liquid (up to 5 protein shakes a day and nothing else) diet from now until my surgery date, but that is fine by me!! I am just so ready to get my band!! This process has taken a year!!

54Shirley

2 X Loser !

• My Blogs
Posted August 12, 2011 - 6:14 AM

You go Girl ! I new you could do it ! ! ! Congrats ! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Shirley.

:cheers2:

Lilium

Advanced Member

Posted August 12, 2011 - 8:36 PM

Congratulations on getting your surgery day. With as hard as you have worked to lose those 46 pounds I predict that you will be very successful with the lap band.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Topics with No Reply