Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am oversea and I need help please?

I am oversea and won't be back till Dec 12th. I think there is something wrong with my band. Since I have arrived here, I can hardly eat and I know it is normal after flying; however, thease past 2 days even sipping Water hurts eapecially in my belly area. When I drink water it's stucked too and my last fill was in September. No matter how much I chew food, the pain is there. I can hardly eat even with liquid is so painful. Oh and another thing, I normally do not burp but I have been doing it every time I have the pain (sipping water especially) and the gurgling sounds are horrible too.

Before I left U.S. I had swine flu and I cough and threw up so many time, do you think my band slipped and that is why I have the pain?

Thank you so much,

I'm terribly sorry you're going through this, and to make matters worse, you're out of the country (that's one of my biggest fears too). Unfortunately, you are showing some symptoms of a slipped band, but that doesn't necessarily make it so.

First think I would do is to call your doctor to get his advice. For one thing, you could end up having a severe slip that needs immediate medical attention, and you need to know the symptoms (I've heard that that can be very painful). In the meantime, make sure to stay on liquids only and sip slowly as not to aggravate the band anymore than it already is. I wouldn't try solid food again until you can drink liquids easily, and then I'd only try mushies until you get back home.

Best wishes to you, and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Hi:

Another reason to call your surgeon is that he may have someone to recommend for you to see in the country where you are. I you do go on all liquids make sure that you add Protein in. You can also get liquid Vitamins to help you through this all liquids phase.

I hope you feel better soon. Please let us know how you're doing.

Take care.

Sue

Thank you so much for your help. I did get a doctor name here but unfortunatly it is the national holiday week and the on call doctor does not know mucha bout lap band. It is not that common in this country. I cannot wait to go back to see my surgeon, hopefully I can hang on till then.

Thanks again,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches