Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

Hey all! Had surgery 11/17/09 and am doing well. Had my first fill on 12/30/09 and it was damn near painless. He did numb it first. I have had more restriction although not at that sweet spot yet. Still havent had any PB or sliming. I am loving this band. No more pain for a while and back to exercising, mostly walking. Went to Victoris Secret tonight...did I mention I love this band...lol! Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to a slimmer new year!:thumbup:

We are bandmates!!

I got my 2nd fill today and it was so much easier than last time. She found my port in 2 seconds. Yay! This time my surgeon did it. I have 7cc's in my band now. I lost 10lbs since last visit. She was very pleased and said I'm right on track. I didn't have to get a fill if I didn't want it. But its been getting harder and harder to stick to small portions so I was like. FILL ME PLEASE!! I'm down 40 lbs altogether. Yay!!

Walking, walking, and walking has helped a lot. I'm addicted to it and actually feel guilty if I go straight home after work. I have to walk!

Melodie Takes Manhattan!!

Time for a check in. I've been silent on this thread lately. I got my seecond fill this past wednesday. All I can say is thank god! I definitely have more restriction with this second fill, and i'm quickly learning what isn't going to be tolerable anymore. I can manage a peice of bread but only if it's been dunked in Soup. like totally soggy. and I can't do rice anymore. but it's a good thing. and I was able to start with a personal trainer two weeks ago and i'm loving it, especially the part where it was a xmas present and my dad said he's pay for as long as i needed it. :thumbup:

on an even better note, the number on the scale has dropped dramatically in the past couple day. for weeks I was bouncing between 283.2 and 280. I stepped on teh scale this morning and to my shock and delight it said 272:w00t::w00t::thumbup:. I weight twice a day morning and night, so i know the number will be a little higher tonight, but still, i seem to have shot past that 280, and i not going back!

My surgery was on Nov 2nd, I had my first fill yesterday. I've been losing at a steady rate and didn't know if I should go ahead with the fill or not mostly because I was afraid of not being able to eat things that I can now. Funny though, I would have wanted the fill last month so I wouldn't be tempted during the holidays but my surgeon talked me out of it since I was losing well without it! Anyway, this time he suggested maybe just putting in a little and see how I feel, so I said okay. I forgot to ask how much I have in there! The fill was easy... no numbing before hand and I'm not afraid of needles so that part didn't bother me.

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight and for those who are struggling, hang in there. For me, this has been the best experience... I'm halfway to my first goal and I love my band.

Hello November 09 Knockouts!

My name is Lexi from Kyle, TX had my surgery on 11/4/09 at Scott & White in Temple, TX. I'm new to this site, was looking online for a support group and found this site and love it. I've had two fills so far, one on 12/1/09 and 1/4/10, my weight loss has been a slow process, I'm down about 25lbs since pre-op diet started on 10/21/09. So I wanted to see how fellow bandsters were doing and get any tips to help me out on my journey. :w00t:

Hi Kyle....welcome! I love this board too....so awesome to have so many people to support us! There is nothing better! I have even found a bandster buddy (from this board) who has become a freind, she lives about 10 miniuted from me and we have a lot more in common than just the band! It's awesome.

My good news is that I just have 2 more pounds to go and I will be down 40 pounds! I wanna be at 40 by Monday morning, I KNOW I CAN!

Hey everyone,

Just checking in. Had my 4th fill last Thursday and I now have 7.5 cc in a 12cc band. For the first time I am physically unable to drink with my meals because if I put any Water at all down, even a sip, it's almost like it moves things around and I'm immediately, and painfully, stuck.

I am also physically unable to eat more than about 1 cup of food. Previously, even with my temporary restriction after my third fill, I could still overeat...just not as much as I could preband. Now I can't at all. Hilda is doing her job. I'm hoping it's the sweet spot but the tech said she hasn't seen anything reach that point until they've reached at least 8 cc...so we'll see.

The good news is that I'm down two pounds just from Thursday...nice to see since blowing it at the movie theater *twice* the week before and gaining the 7 lb I lost the prior week or so. Five more pounds to go and I'll be back to where I was prior to my loss of sanity.

My mother-in-law seems to have made it her mission in life to plague me with aerobics twice a week. If y'all remember, she lost her husband the day before Thanksgiving. She's doing well, but not above using (in a nice way) her 'loneliness' to get me to go to aerobics with her...despite the fact that she went by herself for 13 years prior to his death. I thought I'd get a break the next two weeks because she's visiting her daughter in Texas, since my son drives my car to school and she picks me up for aerobics...but no. She handed me the keys to her car so I could continue to go while she's gone...and believe me, the other old ladies at this class will let her know if I don't show up.

Good to hear you all are getting some benefits from your bands! Keep up the good work!

Hey everybody!

Elfie, that's a good thing that she's encouraging you to do exercise :( Maybe you'll begin to like it?

Welcome, Lexi!

As for me, I'm doing alright. I went to Disneyland on Saturday and it was a blast. I was able to go for longer on my feet, which I couldn't have done before my surgery. I spent about 12 hours in the park, with some sitting, but I estimate a total of 9-10 hours walking around all day or standing in line. The outside of my hips hurt and my feet hurt a bit, but I know next time I go it'll be fine! I fit into all of the rides (except the Finding Nemo ride, which has tinnnny seats but I sat next to a little kid and she didn't notice my butt creeping a bit onto hers). All in all I had a lot of fun! I also saw my cousin there and he noted how much weight I've lost. Last time I saw him was at Christmas, and I actually haven't lost any weight...but I think it's been redistributing itself since then.

10 DAYS?!?! Where is everybody?

I think the "honeymoon" phase is over and people are now going about their normal lives instead of obsessively checking the boards for new and exciting information.

I got my first fill last Saturday :unsure: I've lost 4 pounds since then. I also experience my first "STOP YOU'RE FULL" feeling. My throat started burning and I felt like I was going to puke. This happened twice... yesterday from overeating and this morning from eating too fast. I didn't know it was so painful! Now I'm taking more care to eat slower, chew better, and pay attention to when I am full.

Well I can't say that's true of me. I've been posting on the post lapband board quite a bit. :unsure:

I went in for another fill this morning which puts me at 8cc. My doc doesn't have any restrictions on a liquid diet after a fill and I was a bit bummed to find I didn't feel any different in regards to 'full' from before the fill when I ate lunch this afternoon...but we'll see.

I swore I was not going to diet or count calories but after running the numbers to calculate how many calories I'd need to maintain a weight of 140 vs a weight of 232 (given my height, age and activity level), I was a bit horrified to find it's only a difference of about 500 calories or so. Shoot...that's the difference between all the little extras (butter on my toast, cream in my coffee, etc.)...and they add up quickly.

So I may bite the bullet and put myself back on my diabetic diet which is pretty balanced, low in carbs (but not too restrictive) and easy to follow just so I can monitor my calories more closely. What a PITA, but I am so tired of yo-yo-ing between the same 7 pounds. I want some weight loss here, dang it!

hey all sorry its been so long since I have been on here, but we have decided to move to NC so I have been running around trying to find someone to move our stuff, and telling everyone we are moving.

I had my first fill this week and I so needed it.

soexcited u and I are bandster buddies as we had surgery the same day.:unsure:

My honeymoon isnt over yet either Elfie! I am always roaming the boards. Every moment of every day I am aware I have this band inside me, even with my first sip of coffee in the morning ... I am constantly reminded ... so posting and reading makes me feel a bit more normal...I love the fact that I have even made REAL friends through this thing! It's awesome.

I dont think I will weigh today....I have a bad cold and feel like I am retaining Water (my hands feel swollen) so I'll just pass on being a scale whore today.

soon2b ... why are u moving?

My husband's parents moved from here in Vt. to NC they wanted to retire and were not going to be able to do it since Vt is so expensive for cost of living. And so my husband is an only child and we decided to be closer in case something should happen, they are in their mid 60's and in fair health.

Plus we hate the cold bitter winters, we both have lived in Vt our whole lives and want out.

Family is why we moved too, it's the best reason of all. I am an only child as well except my parents are in there 80's, enjoy them as much as possible, time is very short.

Hello! Wow this thread is sure quiet. I'd love to hear from ALL our November friends...hows everyone doing??

I am OK ... loosing very slow but still loosing and I am OK with it! I feel better now than I have in a very long time, Im excited to reach the 40 pounds lost mark...I am not far away!! When I hit 50 pounds lost I'm going to have myself a little party!