Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 years, lost 120, got rebanded!

Got banded 7 years ago. So many stories, so much to tell. I lost 120 pounds slowly and without thinking. In fact, got a little underweight! I am a success story, no doubt. Went for a check up and found slight slippage. The doc offered to reband with the new version, which I did. I'm 10 days post op now. He repaired a hiatal hernia, for which I had no idea - and am glad. Came to the site to check on others with the same issues, and found great comfort.

I've gained some post op weight, which I am assuming is Water retention from the sodium overdose and swelling. Of course, I spazzed... want to get back down again, and I feel like I'm overweight all of a sudden.

Thanks for all the great support on this forum. I"ve been through it all - ups, downs, great weight loss, great adventures because of it - even won a contest in the National Enquirer for the best weight loss results! Had my photo splashed across the country in my swimsuit.

If I can be of comfort or support to anyone in doubt about this awesome topic of being banded.....I am here. My husband was banded 8 years ago and lost 230 pounds. So, we are living proof of what can happen to YOU, too.:biggrin:

That is a great story, both you and your husband. I't is nice to hear good stuff!

Thank you for sharing:smile2:

Hi! You have such a great success story! I'm sure I am not alone in wanting to see your winning photos! It is so encouraging and inspirational to me and many others to look through the before and after pictures of those who have gone through this process. Whenever I am feeling doubtful about succeeding, I just browse through pictures to get my head back into the game. I was banded 9/22/09 and am at a stall. My 2nd fill is scheduled for 12/2 and I am soooo frustrated! Anyway, you look absolutely beautiful! Sandy

Sounds like you're on a good path.

isnt it strange how you freak over a pound or two gained once your'e normal weight?. I used to want to bonk my sister over the head when she complained that she'd gained 2kg. I'd think, who'd even notice that? But you know, when you're normal weight, you can FEEL it. 2kg (or 4lb) is enough to give you a muffin top, make yoru clothes feel tight etc.

wow ur an inspiration 2 me I will b banded on the 24th n my emotions r all over the place excited n nervous at the same time. what were ur favorite Protein Shakes? how often did u exercise n what exercises gave u the best results? how long did u wait 2 exercise?

I feel the same as dowhatitdo1, you are an inspiration. I too would love to know all that you have to share with us on journey. I get banded next week and i'm so excited I cant stand it. :lol:

Good luck to you on your recovery.:w00t:

What a wonderful testimony. I am 2 years + out and I have lost 125 lbs. I like hearing sucess stories as it is motivational. Thanks for sharing.

WOW, what a response. I never imagined so many people paid attention or were looking for good news. I AM the good news, folks. I was 250. I had high bp. My mom died of an aneurism and I knew it was time to make a change. Been overweight my whole life, hated every minute. I was sooooo tired of people telling me I had a pretty face.....(sound familiar!?)

My husband was banded by Dr. Ponce in Dalton. We were skeptical. Completely unconvinced. Well, 230 pounds later, for him, he turned into a cover guy! I was so jealous I could have died, so I did it, too.

I hardly remember the journey - I had a tough start getting used to being limited in food. I will admit that. But then I learned how to eat smaller portions, get full, and of course - when I started seeing the scale slide every month, and I started fitting into jeans that were like real people - it was all worth it.

Exercise. I won't lie. I don't like it. I try to "move" when I can. I'll take a walk or hit the mall or something. I used to be a college athlete, but I hate the exercise. My arms were getting jiggly from the weight loss, so I put some weights next to my bed and pick them up whenever I look over at them. I now have arms to show up Michelle Obama!

Listen, ladies - I am you. You will be me. I"m not special at all. Don't let the new eating habit take over your life. Make something else more important. If you think about eating all day and night, you'll never lose it. Find something else to focus on.

For me, I'm an old lady, and I enjoy competing in pageants. I was Ms Plus America in 2001. I vowed never to go on a stage as a plus contestant ever again. I entered a swimsuit pageant. I was heavy - but I was proud as heck.

I now consider it a challenge to compete against the 20 year olds in my bathing suit. I am so proud to be on the stage knowing that I used to weigh 250. I got down to 120 at one point - too thin for my frame, so I gained some back. But it was something that most of us only dream of!

I'll try to post pictures, cause you won't believe them... I am a storybook Lapbander and am very proud and thankful.

Don't ever ever get down about the journey - you will be thin, healthy and happier than you have ever been in your life.

WOW ! tennesseequeen, I love hearing how well you and your husband have done ! I am almost to my halfway mark and come to this site for support and inspiration. Though I have no intention of competing in pagents, I want to be like you!!!

I will be watching for those pics! Great job !

What a wonderful story and journey for you. I hope to some day be able to say that I have reached my goal or even better under my goal. I have plateaued and feel kind of down right now. I am worried about Thanksgiving Day. I will have 10 people at my house for dinner and I already bought the containers to give the food to them to take home because I don't want it here but my parents will still be here and I don't to deprive them. It will be a challenge for sure.

Seriously! What an inspiration!

I, too, am inspired by you! Congratulations on your success, and to your husband on his success!

I am four weeks post op, and still learning how to live this new life. It is reading testimonials like this that reaffirm my decision that banding is RIGHT for me.

Thank you, and best wishes on this recovery period for you.

The photos are remarkable! You're a true inspiration, especially as I started at almost the exact same weight and age you were (can I ask how tall you are?...trying to set a good goal weight)! OK, and I've got to know...HOW DID YOU GET YOUR LEGS TO LOOK LIKE THAT AGAIN? How can I get my cellulite dimples to go?? Remarkable, simply remarkable! Great job! -BG

Edited by Band_Groupie

Got banded 7 years ago. So many stories, so much to tell. I lost 120 pounds slowly and without thinking. In fact, got a little underweight! I am a success story, no doubt. Went for a check up and found slight slippage. The doc offered to reband with the new version, which I did. I'm 10 days post op now. He repaired a hiatal hernia, for which I had no idea - and am glad. Came to the site to check on others with the same issues, and found great comfort.

I've gained some post op weight, which I am assuming is Water retention from the sodium overdose and swelling. Of course, I spazzed... want to get back down again, and I feel like I'm overweight all of a sudden.

Thanks for all the great support on this forum. I"ve been through it all - ups, downs, great weight loss, great adventures because of it - even won a contest in the National Enquirer for the best weight loss results! Had my photo splashed across the country in my swimsuit.

If I can be of comfort or support to anyone in doubt about this awesome topic of being banded.....I am here. My husband was banded 8 years ago and lost 230 pounds. So, we are living proof of what can happen to YOU, too.:redface:

I will echo what everyone else is saying. I think it is refreshing to read a post on here where everything is upbeat and positive about the band. You are certainly an inspiration and I also love the way you write!

Wow. Thank you SO much for your post. It came at just the right time. You are amazing!... truly an inspiration to us all!.