Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, I went to see my Dr today - second office visit since surgery. My weight was checked, I'm now at 198 (yippe!) and vitals were done - can't believe my pressure is so low 100/60. Anyway, I received my first B12 shot today and scheduled my second fill for Tuesday 11/10.

The injection was given at 1:30 today and I'm not sure if it's all in my mind but I can't seem to sit still. I went grocery shopping, cooked dinner and now I'm baking blueberry muffins (splenda recipe) and still feel like I could actually run a marathon - weird...

By the way, I've been up since 6:00am and worked a half day.

Okay, is this normal? Should I expect to crash soon?

I was just wondering about B12 shots cuz Im always tired. I always think nothing will help me. But I would love to try it out. Oh and was wondering how the muffins turned out

My doctor used to give me B12 shots when I was on phentermeine several years ago, and it never affected me that way. I take liquid B12 now, because I started to feel really run down a few months after getting my band, and I thought I might be deficient. It perked me back up to normal, but not super normal. Are you sure you're just getting B12 in that shot, and can you send some my way? lol

The muffins are great. This is the 5th batch I've made since I found the recipe a month or so ago. I actually make them for myself - nice change of pace for Breakfast. However, the family tends to eat them before I get a chance to freeze them - the plan has been to take a muffin to work with me each morning, I'm lucky if I get 3 out of batch (12 muffins).

Also, the doc said it was B12 nothing else. I'm really sensitive to meds, perhaps this is how my weird system is reacting to it.

B12 shots are amazing and so much better then taking the Vitamin orally. I used to get b12 shots for a diet I was on and it helped me lose so much weight and I had so much energy my roommates thought I was nuts.

You wont crash really till you stop getting the shots. I used to get them 3 times a week. Once I got it once a week I slowed down a bit but I used to leave my house at 6am and get home at 10pm and still have energy after the gym, school and working full time.

Could you share the recipe for the muffins?

Here's the link to the muffin recipe.

Very berry Blueberry Muffins - Recipe | SPLENDA

ENJOY! By the way, I've also substituted the blueberries w/ bananas, cranberries...

Why did they give you a B12 shot instead of supplements? Is it because the level was so low? My mom has MS and gets B12 shots to ease symptoms. I have nerve pain and numbness issues and in my nuerological workup everything looked good except my B12 has in the slightly low category, so I was just told to take the supplement. How often do you have to get the shot. I go for my 1 year exam soon and will see how that is going.

I have been getting B-12 shots - once a month for the past 18 months . I like it better when I was getting one a week- but the PCP says -- Oh no-- thats to much.. WHATEVER !!!

Myhusband gives me the shot and I feel GREAT for about 2 days then the energy level drops again.

Why did they give you a B12 shot instead of supplements? Is it because the level was so low? My mom has MS and gets B12 shots to ease symptoms. I have nerve pain and numbness issues and in my nuerological workup everything looked good except my B12 has in the slightly low category, so I was just told to take the supplement. How often do you have to get the shot. I go for my 1 year exam soon and will see how that is going.

I was getting a B12 shot because I was on phentermine, and I had to see my doctor every two weeks to check my heart, weight, etc, and she gave me a shot at those appts. I started a sublingual liquid B12 myself after feeling extremely run down after having my band for a couple of months. The NP said it was fine for me to take it, and within a couple of days, I felt 100% again. I had my annual blood work done in Sep, and everything came back within the normal range. Other than the B12, I'm taking a multivitamin/mineral and Calcium.

The shots are part of my Dr's program. Of course the patient can decline taking the shot; however, I want every advantage available to me. Initially, the Dr insists that you take the OTC B12 supplements along with the Multivitamin, and Calcium citrate for the first 3 months after banding - yesterday marked 3 months (few days shy); I'll continue to take the Vitamins and calcium citrate. I feel wonderful - I woke up bright and early this morning w/an actual smile on my face - this coming from someone who's typically not a morning person.

I'm not feeling sluggish - my norm. If this is the result of taking B12, I'm definately going to continue. TMI - between my hormone patch and the B12 I feel like a new me.