Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm looking for a support group on line as I can't attend the one offered by the hospital. I'm not too computer literate and have never blogged, chatted, etc. I'll be having my surgery in 3 weeks

Edited by Ms.B
Add info

Welcome to LBT, Ms. B, and good luck with your upcoming surgery!

I'm looking for a support group on line as I can't attend the one offered by the hospital. I'm not too computer literate and have never blogged, chatted, etc. I'll be having my surgery in 3 weeks

Hi Ms. B. I have found that the most amazing support group online is through blogging. Don't be intimidated by it. I use Blogger, and if you ever feel up to it...you should give it a try. It is pretty easy to set up your blog. If you don't want to do that, you could just read other's blogs...that is not too hard either. When I first got banded in January, there were only a few bandster blogs...but now there are so many! And I can say that I owe some of my success to the amazing women that support me through my blog! If you figured out Lapband talk, I know you can figure out the blogging community!

BUT, if not...this is a great place too :thumbup: Feel free to holler if you have any questions. I actually went to my first real life support group meeting at my hospital, and out of the 45 people that were there, only 2 had the band. The rest were gastric bypass.

good luck and welcome!

Amy

ps. the link to my blog is in my signature. All you have to do is click on it!

Thanks for the responses and support. I am supposed to start the all liquid Protein Shakes on Monday. I tried a few samples and they are ok. But I am concerned with going to all liquid and being hungry. I take them to work and by the time I get home I'm starving.

Makulafamy--here's how computer challanged I am--I got an email that said I had a response to my post and it took me to the page directly. I was going to go to your blog but I had to sign on/log in. I had forgotton my password and I couldn't get to the link they had to reset after 3 trys. So I try to register again and it doesn't work.So Then I look around the site getting totally overwhelmed at how much stuff is there, and the password reset window pops up in the middle of what I was looking at. Then I couldn't get back to the original link with your signature on it so I can't get to your blog:tt1: I've been on this site for 2 hours now and this is how far I got!!! I will keep trying though.....later lol

OMG! I'm back to the original page--don't know how that happened--I just got done posting a reply--I thought I had started a new "thread" whatever that is. Anyway, glad I can get back to you.

So where/how did you get the ticker line to show up on your response? I love it!

And is that a star on your head in your picture? I am a nursing instructor and I like to give the students pencils, notepads, etc. that say 'star student' on them. So if I could get a star shaped hat that would be too cool!!!

I'd like to put a picture of myself on but have no idea how. Maybe later..much later LOL

Ms B

Edited by Ms.B
picture promted me