Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kate's "The Works" special

OK i am trusting you all to keep my confidence :rolleyes2: I have arm and bewb pics, I couldn't get to the tummy, got tired.

These aren't the best pics, I will try to get some good ones this weekend with my mom. Max swelling is due Sunday, so, there may be more to come. Also still waiting on my before pics :w00t:

Edit: please friend and private msg me for album info

Not a lot in there now but thought I would give you an idea of what I've got.

EDIT: Keep in mind I went in 216, and according to the doc, they took off 13 lbs of tissue!! omg. I still want to lose weight after this. They feel my breasts will hold up and my tummy will stay flat.

Edited by kcampbell

Day 5 post op. My percocets ran out and I switched to Tylenol with codeine. I'm more aware of all my stitching and can tolerate the discomfort most of the time. Getting out of bed was surprising today because I can stand up straighter. My quads stopped burning from the hunched walking I would do and I feel actually good today.

I have feeling in my nips which is great, and every now and again I get little twinges in them as things heal and close. Right now it feels like a horde of tiny healing gnomes are all over me, mending torn skin and slapping awake nerves who fainted. It's not unpleasant. I feel like a giant ant hill.

Today mom and I are gonna go out shopping for food. I'm psyched to be in one of those scooters at the supermarket. I'm not sure I'm allowed to operate those while on codeine but my mother has a twisted sense of adventure and finds it fun.

My bodylift incision is pretty ugly. It's tailored in the same way as my arms, so I don't like to look at them. They don't hurt but they look painful. Everything around my waist is numb thank god. I do have some tension blisters on the base of my spine on the scar. Doc says it's very typical and they will go away. I ignore them and cover everything with a light sterile dressing.

The stool softeners have not worked yet. We will pick up some additional supplies today to help in that area. I can feel activity and pressure but no results yet. Any advice on this?

I decided not to share any pics until I have healed a little more. My belly is swelling big time. I look like a tube now. Doc says it will peak Sunday and then a big flushing will happen. Definitely looking forward to that. At least my hands returned to normal size. I looked hilarious.

Ok nap time, then a busy afternoon. Going to continue kissing up to mom because she is actually taking the first two drains out on weds. Need to stay on Nurse Ratchett's good side you know ? Lol.

Hi Kate,

Glad you feel good today. Don't overdue it out shopping. I did this myself and was wiped out. I only went out 2 hrs. I think someone said try mineral oil for Constipation. I definitely feel for you though. Are you taking extra stool softner or just recommended amount?

I know what you mean about the incisions. I was pretty scared when I saw mine. not that they hurt just looks very painful. My sister said it looked like they cut me in half and I thought they looked jagged, but they are not. Very thin line. They will improve over time. It does feel different as the nerves start waking up. You had a lot of work so I'm sure you just feel it all over.

So mom will take drains out. That's cool. Keep resting. Are you getting enough Protein to promote healing?

Mimi it was more fun than I anticipated. Those suckers have a heck of a tight turn radius.

Skinny, I'm eating primarily lean Protein, then whole grains, fruits and veggies. Still can't eat a big Amy, doc says I have 2-3cc of fill. Half a salmon filet last night...felt like a million bucks afterward. Had eggs this morning. I have trouble working up a reliable appetite. I'm sure it's the drugs. But I did some great shopping,

Have an awesome Sunday folks :thumbup:

That's great you have some fill. Sounds like you are eating just right. Did major swelling hit today as expected? Are you still draining bunch?

Have a great Sunday too. I'm going shopping for little bit.

It felt like my major swelling was fri and sat. My bewbs have drained some and look better. My face arms and hands are almost normal....and two drains are starting to deplete. Drain 1 is barely putting out one ml for the past two days, drain 3 is at like 30 - 35 a day and dropping. Drains 2 & 4 are still at 100+ a day so it's obvious which ones are coming out first!

I felt really good today. The majority of my walking was almost straight up. I take a minute or two to stretch but I am gaining stamina frighteningly quickly. I walked around pottery barn for half hour, then succumbed to the car and a nap, but then helped make meatballs for my mom (I declined since meat binds me up and I'm about to take 3 dulcolax tonite!) and a few hours later pitched in with the dishes. So far I can care for myself except getting pants and socks on, and some bandages. Feeling pretty positive with these improvements that I may be off mess by Friday which is my goal. I'm surprised at how much I can do with my arms, so I do it but try not to push it. On the mend!

How is your cold, skinny?

Hey there Kate! I am so glad you are doing so great! The swelling is a pain but will eventually get better and better. I hope Nurse ratchett is super nice to you lol :willy_nilly: xoxo

Hey Allie :thumbup: So how long post op were you able to drive? Be off meds?

I can't wait to get two of the drains out tomorrow. It's so bulky, I look like I had a sex change operation, LOL.

I'm planning on driving up to N Jersey to get my last 2 drains out and a progress check on Christmas Eve. I'll be almost 3 weeks post op. Do you think I'm pushing it?

Mimi, the surgeons are 2 hours away in Hackensack. I'm in Philly. I traveled to NYU as well to get my band. I'm just into research and finding the best people in a reasonable distance. If I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna find the best docs :thumbup:

Found out later Hackensack is one of the top 50 hospitals in the US. It showed...the care was excellent and the food menu for patients was elaborate, lol. GREAT food. Yes, I just said great hospital food!!

Kate,

Where i stayed had great food too. Gourmet. Matter of fact we thought of staying for dinner than checking out just to get more food. They were so nice and had guest trays for my hubby too.

Glad you are doing well. You proably will be ok to drive week 3 if off meds and don't tire too easily. My dr. is hr away and drove after working 6 hrs. Of course I didnt' have as much work done as you though.

Are your drains in pub area like Allie were? Which drains will your mom remove tomorrow? have you taken any more pics?

Hey Allie :unsure: So how long post op were you able to drive? Be off meds?

I can't wait to get two of the drains out tomorrow. It's so bulky, I look like I had a sex change operation, LOL.

I'm planning on driving up to N Jersey to get my last 2 drains out and a progress check on Christmas Eve. I'll be almost 3 weeks post op. Do you think I'm pushing it?

Hey Kate,

I was off of meds completely in 5-6 days. I drove the second week but that was ok since I hadn't been on meds in so long. I thought I had already posted to this but I guess not. If your drains are in your pubic area you might want someone to go with you. It was quite painful and I don't think I could have driven after having them removed. I do have a low threshold for pain though. Good luck sugar and I loved your Facebook status.. you do rock!:)