Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kate's "The Works" special

Hey Kate! So glad to hear from you, I've been worried! I am glad you are happy with your results.. It's a shocker isn't it how rough you feel. Not what you expected is it. It's hard to explain unless you've been there. I am glad they got your meds worked out and I'm sorry you had such a struggle with it. xoxo

Hey Kate,

Sorry about the pain but it is well worth it. YOu had a lot of work done. Gosh, I can't belive you will already be driving. I didn't drive for 2 weeks. I probably could have after a week but didn't want to. You're tough cookie.

I'm so glad you are ok. It will get better. Be careful in that shower too, especially since you lost lots of blood. Remember don't try to rush things too quick. You need all the time to heal properly.

Take care doll

Hey ladies, quick update. Healing rapidly. Skinnyjeans I am not driving, lol, my mom is a crit care nurse and has been on top of everyone getting me what I need. I'm at her home for now, possibly another week. Took the second shower today, could straighten up. Even with swelling it is such a huuuuuge improvement! I'm gonna get my before pics from the doc hopefully this week and we will take some post op pics soon. My moms doing reiki treatments on me that I swear are working. The difference between yesterday and today is noticeable. My major challenges right now are trying to cough up lung Fluid and sore quads from all the walking I do. Lol. I fit into a smaller hoodie post op than I did before. Now I'm focusing on stretching out percocet doses and getting food in. So far I can only tolerate broth and my favorite yogi whole grain Cereal. Ok I'm gonna nap now, will be around later.

Oh Kate, I am so glad to hear you are doing so well! That is awesome that your mom is a critical care nurse and does reiki!! Just know that every day will be better and at 1 week out you will start to feel human again. I can hardly wait to see your pics!!!!! I also lost a significant amount of weight after my surgery I am down about 11 pounds since day of plastic surgery. I think not getting a complete unfill helped. Also the percocets just didn't make me hungry at all. Have a great day sugar!

Kate, I join in with saying I am pleased you are recovering so well. Did Mom let your dog come over or are you still boarding? That is super that Mom is taking such good care of you. Can you see your arm op site yet? Are you in compression garments for everywhere?

Mimi

Kate, I join in with saying I am pleased you are recovering so well. Did Mom let your dog come over or are you still boarding? That is super that Mom is taking such good care of you. Can you see your arm op site yet? Are you in compression garments for everywhere?

Mimi

hi mimi! Yeah post op care is critical. Yes I can see the arm op site, the stitching is fugly. No other word to describe it, there is blood and bruising and swelling, but with my arm down, it looks slender and proportional. The way he has sutured them up shows me how it will dissolve into a pencil thin line...it's probably a sewing technique with a name but I dunno what it's called. It's like he debulked the arm flap, trimmed the edges of the wound, then folded them down once, then stitched them. It looks like a little hem but when the stitches dissolve I can see it will lay flat. I will try to get pics tonite or tomorrow. My before pics are taking a while, the dr's office is busy in december.

My doc is a bit of a renegade in the compression area. My arm dressings are off, and the drugs make mr basically not feel the arms or bewb pain. I have great mobility in my arms which I was concerned about... He brought the arm incisions down thru my armpits and connected them with the breast lift. The result is twofold; one, no side boobs!!!!!!!! Ah mah gah! Lol. The other I'd I have s smaller armpit and he told me as he marked me up that it was likely I would prespire much there anymore... Sweat glands gone. Most people use just an anti deodorant. Major bonus!

The binder has been reduced to 1/3 it's size and basically holds my drains. I felt better with it off. I guess I'm weird?? He said I could wear the whole thing but not tight. He says blood must get to the area to heal the tissue.

I want my soft bra back on, bug my mom has to do laundry lol. So I've got no compression but feel fine. I do understand that pulling/burning pain in the groin or hip ppl have described. I think it's just a drain not playing nice with the incision, and fades quickly.

One thing I cannot believe is my mons. Oh my god. The belt lipectomy is done beautifully and looks like I'm wearing a sexy g string. My mons was flabby, and even the labia (outer) seemed loose because my body was creatively finding

Sorry I'm doing this on my iPhone and it misspells things and cuts me off. Anyway, the labia major were chubby too and accepted I'd live with if. But now I have the petite, proportionate mons AND labia, when I went to wipe after peeing I was like.. Holy CRAP! I don't know how he did it. I cried when I told my mom lol. Had a few weepy episodes from post op and sheer geatefulness and happiness. So excited about the mons and labia. Unexpected surprise.

I can tell you the first two days post op were so hard I didn't even care about how I looked. I wanted to rest and have stuff heal. Yesterday and today Noe that I feel better I keep chacking out my bewbs. Lol.

You are doing so great, I really appreciate your filling us in on your progress. I admit I am a tad envious about your new mons and labia, hahahahaha. At almost 59, though, I guess droopy is OK. I think my doc is going to do the same arm to boob side thing with me that you had done. It is reassuring that you aren't in a lot of pain. from those sites. 3 and 1/2 weeks before mine get done!!!

Mimi

Allie, I tried to sneak onto my moms scale when she was out but it doesn't have batteries. Thwarted! I emailed my docs to find out how much came off in surgery and they said pathology hadn't gotten back to them yet. Thwarted again! I'm gonna say I lost at least 15 lbs of tissue given the drastic change in my blood volume (13.5 to 9.9). And I'm sure my lack of appetite is forcing my body to use reserves to heal and is finally burning stored fat. So let's say at least 20 lbs light than when I went in. I may be back in the 190s and not realize it. But I don't truly care about the scale, it's just something to pass the time. Yeah I can't wait to feel human again.

Tonite I'm getting another reiki treatment, I will see if we can get some scary pics on my phone here. I am black and blue and green and red!

Mimi what procedures are you getting done again

Hey Kate! I have to agree with you.. my mons is so nice now! I am not sure if it is from being pulled up but my honey is quiet pleased with how little it is now. :eek: A huge plus I wasn't sure would be fixed. I can hardly wait to see your pics girl!!

Hey colorful Kate!!!! Jan 4th I am getting my arms done and breast relocation north of where they are now, LOL, then in March am getting the TT. Doc wouldn't do all 3 at one time as outpt clinic surgery.

Mimi

Kate,

You are doing well. Can't wait for the pics. Yep, my mons is more lifted too. Funny though the first fews weeks it was very swollen and hunny called it my fat cat. Nice to see labia haven't seen in awhile.

What's a reiki treatment. I'm so glad your mom is taking good care of you while you heal. Today, I have felt great. I was able to walk upright the whole day and had minimal pain in back.

I'm sure you have dropped weight. How is the rebanding feeling? When do you have first post op appt with Dr?

Take care sweetie

Hi Kate, I'm glad to hear you're doing well too. We were done on the same day and I'm loving my new boobs too - I keep wanting to show them to people, LOL!!! My dad (who is 70) strangely did NOT want to see them, heheheh :rolleyes2: I did manage to restrain myself and spare him but my daughter copped the eyeful whether she wanted to or not!

Fanny LOL. Did you get a mastopexy/lift and implants...? do you have the new nips and the anchor scar?

I have to say I am surprised at how I don't really notice the anchor scar. I'm gonna try to get some pics of my bewbs and arms right now and upload them. We'll see how it goes :-) My mom is horrified that I'll be on the internet, but I will keep the face out of it. I wish I had before pics...I might have some in sports bras around here.

Mimi, I am so excited for you. The BEWBS ARE AWESOME. Srsly if this is all I had done it wouldn't be so bad. The mobility in my arms is more than I expected. Definitely the TT will have you down a bit longer, methinks.

OK off to take pics.