Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I never had any gas pains anywhere. I was so fearful of getting those that I walked a LOT, from day 1. Never had any pain standing or sitting either. Maybe it was the walking, or the fact that I only laid down when it was time to sleep...I walked and walked, even in the house. I even danced to music, although not wildly, to make sure I didn't get those pains. I guess I was lucky!

Hi January bandsters! I have been on this forum for a few weeks, but somehow missed this area. :thumbup: It is great to "meet" others that got banded around the same time. I find it very helpful to read posts by people who are going through the same things I am...and around the same time! I look forward to getting to know you in the future. :wink2:

Hi January bandsters! I have been on this forum for a few weeks, but somehow missed this area. :thumbup: It is great to "meet" others that got banded around the same time. I find it very helpful to read posts by people who are going through the same things I am...and around the same time! I look forward to getting to know you in the future. :wink2:

Welcome to the group, Chicago Winter! Cherielynne here. Really nice people here. Hey group, I went out to dinner with friends tonight for the first time, was in the midst of talking about a script I'm rewriting and so did not concentrate on CHEWING, wherein the lovely al dente/el dente? who knows green bean I had put into my mouth went barely chewed down to wherever it is that it stopped and for about ten minutes I was in band agony. Water didn't help. Nothing helped. Until I finally ate a bite of my friend's mac & cheese which kinda sorta helped it slide down...a little. Anyway...now I know why people say that once it happens to you, you're careful not to let it happen again. PS -- Do I have to do penance for that bite of mac & cheese that I didn't even get to enjoy :w00t:

Welcome to the group, Chicago Winter! Cherielynne here. Really nice people here. Hey group, I went out to dinner with friends tonight for the first time, was in the midst of talking about a script I'm rewriting and so did not concentrate on CHEWING, wherein the lovely al dente/el dente? who knows green bean I had put into my mouth went barely chewed down to wherever it is that it stopped and for about ten minutes I was in band agony. Water didn't help. Nothing helped. Until I finally ate a bite of my friend's mac & cheese which kinda sorta helped it slide down...a little. Anyway...now I know why people say that once it happens to you, you're careful not to let it happen again. PS -- Do I have to do penance for that bite of mac & cheese that I didn't even get to enjoy :redface:

Hey Cherielynne...don't worry one bit about that mac and cheese. It was necessary! (and i'll bet it tasted yummy!)

I have actually taken mini bites of some of my kids food..(I usually do this to entice my 2 yr old daughter to eat.) So I have had tastes of pancakes, a small bite of brownie and a nibble of cheeseburger and Peanut Butter and jelly. I have never sufferred from these baby indiscretions as I'm down 25 pounds and still losing at a great rate.

I know how you feel though...when I have done these nibbles I have felt great guilt...but it has helped my kids to eat and it hasn't negatively affected my weight loss. OH and as weird as it seems...I journal every little bite...so I can see in black and white how the calories etc...play into my overall day.

Hope this helps you to still feel great and empowered to go the long haul.. You are doing GREAT. Keep up the good work!

Claricey :redface:

Thanks CherieLynne!

I can sympathize with you about your green bean getting stuck. Last week I took a bite of bread and swallowed too fast...it was stuck for hours! Sometimes I forget that I have a band and then WHAM! I get a nice reminder. :redface: It keeps me in check, though! *smile*

I got my first fill on tuesday it was pretty interesting. I haven't really had in problems with I do fill full faster and do not feel as hungry as fast.

Okay...I need to know...has anyone else become a virtual burping machine?? From the time I crawl out of bed to the time I crawl back in, it's just a constant gas release. I guess I should be glad it's just burping, right? But it's become uncomfortable. I don't want to eat or drink b/c whatever I swallow has to encounter this perpetual gas bubble and it's painful. And no, GasX doesn't help. And yes, I talked to the doctor and he said let's just monitor it and if it becomes acid reflux, we can talk about meds to treat that. It doesn't hurt too terribly bad, it's just uncomfortable.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Okay...I need to know...has anyone else become a virtual burping machine?? From the time I crawl out of bed to the time I crawl back in, it's just a constant gas release. I guess I should be glad it's just burping, right? But it's become uncomfortable. I don't want to eat or drink b/c whatever I swallow has to encounter this perpetual gas bubble and it's painful. And no, GasX doesn't help. And yes, I talked to the doctor and he said let's just monitor it and if it becomes acid reflux, we can talk about meds to treat that. It doesn't hurt too terribly bad, it's just uncomfortable.

Hi txprincess, Yes I have experienced that a lot and it is extremely uncomfortable. I could not sleep for weeks literally. I had to sleep sitting up and the gas pain Whoa!! That's the bad news. The good news it it does get better. Just hang in there! I am 35lbs down and I feel really good I'm wearing the clothes that could not fit me. I work out a lot and all of this helps. You will be fine. Don't worry. P.S at least you burp mine comes out the other end and if I try to hold it in I suffer so I have to let it go LOL.

Ki-ki

I haven't had any real burping issues since surgery but like Ki-Ki said I am at the gym a lot and that has helped me a lot all around. Never had any pain, gas, nothing. Oh sure there are times when I scare my dogs under the covers at night (LOL) but I really haven't had problems. I just got my first fill today and wow...even though they had taken out 3 cc the day after surgery, there was still 3 cc in there. She tried to add 2 but that wasn't working so she kept 1 cc in there, a totla of 4 cc. I am on liquids for 2 days, pureed for 2 days, then it's a go! Hope I don't have gas issues now that I am filled!

The doc had hoped after the fill that it would get better. And it did for a few days, but it's back with a vengence!

The doc had hoped after the fill that it would get better. And it did for a few days, but it's back with a vengence!

hmm. I also had pretty painful gas that seemed to be in my pouch area. What I discovered was that I was inhailing just as I was drinking so i was swallowing air with the Water. Let me tell you this was a hard habit to break. I guess I was used to literally inhailing my food :tongue_smilie:. Once I retrained myself it got much better. Plus I find that just letting it out as soon as I feel like im getting gassy helps, not always socially appropriate but whatever :cool2:

I'm with you. I constantly burp and if I can't then I get some major tightness in my chest. The worst is when I try to burp and it doesn't come out! It's worse with certain foods. I work out for an hour a day and it hasn't helped any. I make sure to eat 4 hours before bed and if I can't then I sleep in a sitting up position for the first portion of the night.

Yes I have had that happen.. I was burping so much that I asked the doc about it..

They said that the pouch has gotten small and when food sits in the pouch it traps air underneath the food and when you stand up and walk around you are movinf the food around and thus... the burp:):)

I was beating my kids in every burping contest for a while:)):thumbup:

LOL @ burping with the kids. My kids have had a ball with it. I have a 2 boys, 2 y/o and almost 13 y/o. The 2 y/o goes into a fit of giggles every time I let one out and the oldest tries to out do me. It's been a pain, but fun! LOL!

Welcome to the group, Chicago Winter! Cherielynne here. Really nice people here. Hey group, I went out to dinner with friends tonight for the first time, was in the midst of talking about a script I'm rewriting and so did not concentrate on CHEWING, wherein the lovely al dente/el dente? who knows green bean I had put into my mouth went barely chewed down to wherever it is that it stopped and for about ten minutes I was in band agony. Water didn't help. Nothing helped. Until I finally ate a bite of my friend's mac & cheese which kinda sorta helped it slide down...a little. Anyway...now I know why people say that once it happens to you, you're careful not to let it happen again. PS -- Do I have to do penance for that bite of mac & cheese that I didn't even get to enjoy :(

CherieLynn: THANKS so much for posting about the green bean getting stuck . . . I don't get my first fill until this Friday, 2/26, and since I've had no restriction since the surgery swelling, I have been eating way too fast, not chewing enough..... want to avoid what you experienced . . . thanks for sharing . . . so I can focus on small bites and chewing. :wink:

Also, welcome to those just beginning to post, thank you! . . . you all help me so much!!! :eek: