Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I got banded on Jan 12, 2010. Had my first fill yesterday. My surgeon had placed 4.5 cc in my band at time of placement. Did`nt even feel the need of a fill because no hunger problems (yet). He added 1.25 cc so I now have a total of 5.75. Elma creme? Novacaine? Whats to numb? Ever have blood drawn or a blood glucose pin prick on your finger tip? You call that "Pain"? Please.......how delicate can anyone be?

Phil,

Glad your fill went well and painless. I don't consider myself "delicate" as you put it but as I have not had a fill yet I had no idea what to expect and had heard from others that it can be quite painful. If it is no more than like a blood draw, which by the way I never said was painful...I guess I have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the "support"!

Phil is right. I had my first fill yesterday 2cc it was just a pinch. Not bad at all. I already lost 341bs and feeling really good.

I do have trouble sleeping at night. I get these gas/bloating that is very uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Kiesha

Phil is right. I had my first fill yesterday 2cc it was just a pinch. Not bad at all. I already lost 341bs and feeling really good.

I do have trouble sleeping at night. I get these gas/bloating that is very uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Kiesha

Kiesha..

I am so happy that you lost that much weight already... I go to the dietician today so I CAN't wait to see my progress....

Keep on that great track....

Jennifer

Hi All -- wanted to share my band update! Had my first fill a few days ago and I can't feel it at all. I get my next fill Feb. 15 -- fortunately for me my doc is willing to do fills every two weeks. The fill experience was kinda out there...first they press on the port really hard and that actually hurt. Then a shot of novacaine which didn't hurt at all. Then the needle in to do the fill. Then they had me sit up with the needle sticking out of me and had me drink three "normal" swallows of Water. Then they took out the needle. The end. Sitting there with this very long needle sticking out of me was kinda surreal.

Hope you all are doing well, always look forward to reading about your journies. We all must be each others cheerleaders, right?

NO PRO-OP DIET

BANDED JAN. 12

WEIGHT AT BANDING: 255

WEIGHT TODAY: 236

LOSS TO DATE: 19 POUNDS

GOAL: 155/81 POUNDS TO GO:thumbup:

WOOT!!! WOOT!!!:thumbup:

Great Job Cherie.......

Wow Cherie,

That process would intimidate anyone! Keep up the good work.

As for me I'm eating better (by motivation) and I excercise a lot. Thankfully my job allows me time to work out. I am so happy for US for taking the steps to healthier living.

My goal is 100 pounds and I lost 34 already so I have 66 more to go. I can not wait. I get excited just thinking about it.

PS a fill every two weeks GREAT!!

Good luck!

It has been 4 weeks since my surgery and I don't get my first fill for 2 weeks. I am on regular food now. Now that everything has healed and swelling has gone down, my appetite is back with a fury. I am trying to control on my own so I don't gain anything back, but I have to admit it can be difficult.

I have noticed I get the hiccups more often now. Other than that, feel pretty normal.

I just found this thread and it is great. I was banded on 1/5/2010 and had my first fill today. I have a total of 4cc in my band and have a comfortable restriction. I love reading everyones posts it gives me hope. I have lost 34 pounds . My pre weight was 281 and my goal is 141.. see you soon

I just had my 4 week post op and I gained 3 lbs since my last appointment 2 weeks ago. I was freaking out but the doctor assured me it is temporary, due to more sodium, and likely just Water weight. I woke up this morning and had lost 2 of the 3 lbs. I am getting my first fill next week and looking forward to it. I track my food and weight at livestrong.com and I know I am eating a lot more, although I am exercising more too. The doctor told me to STOP WEIGHING MYSELF EVERY MORNING! Still, I did weigh myself this morning. I just have a hard time worrying because I used to never weigh myself and the weight got out of contro. To me, it's easier to handle a 3 lb gain rather than a 10 lb gain. But I understand I can't let the scale control me. Does anyone else have this problem?

Iwas banded on 1/28/10. I have my first fill on 3/10. Looking forward to progressing. I am 3 weeks out tomorrow and am down about 19 lbs. Very happy about my decision. Thanks for the info on the "lack" of pain with the fills, wasn't sure what to expect. Keep up the good work everyone.

It has been 4 weeks since my surgery and I don't get my first fill for 2 weeks. I am on regular food now. Now that everything has healed and swelling has gone down, my appetite is back with a fury. I am trying to control on my own so I don't gain anything back, but I have to admit it can be difficult.

I have noticed I get the hiccups more often now. Other than that, feel pretty normal.

I was banded on January 8 2010 and feel the exact same way. I am tracking my food intake very carefully and exercising 6 days a week. I am weighing myself everyday *sometimes twice and I know its a bad idea* I am just very worried about gaining back all of the weight that I have lost. So far I have very little restriction, but I get my first fill on February 25...am petrified that I am going to gain weight since my last appointment.

I have a question for the January banded. I'm 11 days out and still have pretty significant shoulder/gas pain. It had stopped for two days....I was sleeping in bed and on both sides at that point.......it returned big time and now I'm having a hard time throughout the day and back on the recliner because flat on my back feels like someone is stabbing me in the shoulder - funny thing is it's in the front of shoulder and just below collar bone - before it was back of shoulder?!? Did some of you have the gas pain for this long? I'm getting worried and very down since I'm getting very little sleep because of the discomfort. I may post on a main page to see what all have to say....... Thanks in advance.

edit: Oh and I am moving/walking and working full time - not sitting around - can't.

I was banded on jan 25th. I have lost 18 lbs. I have not had any trouble with food except steak. My Dr. doesn't fill for 2 months after banding. I am scheduled for March 18th. I am glad to hear the fill doesn't hurt. I was worried about that. I am beginning to get hungry, but am trying to keep my calories down to 1100. Do you feel bad or sick after you get a fill?

I was banded on jan 25th. I have lost 18 lbs. I have not had any trouble with food except steak. My Dr. doesn't fill for 2 months after banding. I am scheduled for March 18th. I am glad to hear the fill doesn't hurt. I was worried about that. I am beginning to get hungry, but am trying to keep my calories down to 1100. Do you feel bad or sick after you get a fill?

If you have ever had blood drawn for a test or a pin prick for blood glucose monitoring, thats the pain you will experience. Nothing whatsoever! I have had no difficulty (so far) with any food whatsoever. Small bites and chew,chew,chew!

I am shocked that you are eating steak so early! My doctor said it can take up to a year before you can eat steak, and that is once you progress to the low fat, regular diet. I am having my fill next Tuesday and I was banded on Jan. 19th, so that will be 5 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes!

I have a question for the January banded. I'm 11 days out and still have pretty significant shoulder/gas pain. It had stopped for two days....I was sleeping in bed and on both sides at that point.......it returned big time and now I'm having a hard time throughout the day and back on the recliner because flat on my back feels like someone is stabbing me in the shoulder - funny thing is it's in the front of shoulder and just below collar bone - before it was back of shoulder?!? Did some of you have the gas pain for this long? I'm getting worried and very down since I'm getting very little sleep because of the discomfort. I may post on a main page to see what all have to say....... Thanks in advance.

edit: Oh and I am moving/walking and working full time - not sitting around - can't.

I was banded on Jan. 13th and still have the shoulder pain. It is definitely better than it was. Day 5 -8 post -op were not worst. Now, 6 weeks post-op it comes and goes and usually is pretty tolerable. I saw my surgeons yesterday and they do not think it is related to the surgery but I am not convinced. I doubt it is still from the gas they inject for the surgery but I believe it is either a positional thing in which my port is pushing on a nerve (phrenic nerve) which can cause shoulder pain or is the gas that builds up with eating.

is your constant or just after eating? Have you tried Gas-X?

Take care

Cristina