Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

It occurred to me that there really isn't any way to tell if you have any restriction when you are on liquids because the liquids go right past the band, right? So we can't really tell until we start on food if we have any restriction or not. Anyone else want to speak to that? I don't have any trouble taking any size pills, for example, as long as I stick em in yogurt and wash it down with water...:wink:

I'll tell ya that I've been banded 18 days now...the swelling is gone, I'm eating regular food and there is NO restriction! Argh! Can't wait for my first fill on Feb. 6th! The only thing keeping me going is that I'm tracking my calories and nutrients on FitDay and making sure I'm working out with my Wii Fit Plus. If I didn't keep myself accountable? I'd gorge out - I'm hungry! LOL

Hello everyone!!!!!

Just got back from mexico and am 4 days post op. It's great hearing that i'm not alone with the liquid diet and urge to see if i really have restriction. My dr was able to give me a pre-fill of .5 cc's and sent me home with xrays but my stomach is growling like crazy from hunger!!! I can't wait for the mushie phase. Good news though i'm down 14lbs since pre op. Any suggestions during this liquid phase????

I start mushies today!! YAY!!! I've never been so excited about egg salad before. LOL! I also have my first preop with my doc today and hope to find out how soon I can have a fill. They told me when I was ready, I'M READY!!! But I'm sure he'll put me off til at least week 6. We'll see!

I am 5 days post op now and have had a really hard time with other side effects. I think I must have some abdominal swelling that has kept me feeling bloated. I have been constipated for days, taking stool softeners, and Benefiber, but it has been almost a week now without a bowel movement. I think part of the problem is that I am not eating much.

I keep running a low grade fever that comes and goes. My Dr. told me to call if it gets up to 101, but it never gets that high. I have not had much desire to eat anything. My stomach growls and I know I am hungry, but nothing seems to taste good and I almost have to force myself to eat something. That is so wierd!

My stomach feels sore, but not very painful. I think that once I can get the Constipation issue resolved, I will feel pretty good!

Is there room for one more among the Jan Bandits? I was banded on the 12th, and am doing well..but HUNGRY! First fill on 2/12, second on 3/3.

1.What is your current and goal weight? 217/109

2.What is your surgery date? 01/12 /10

3.What is your age? 48

4.Where do you live? Chicago suburbs

5.Where are you having surgery? Silver Cross Hospital in Joliet

6.Who is your Doctor?? Brian Lahmann

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance, mostly

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? Tired of beating my head against the wall, losing weight over and over, but having difficulty maintaining

Edited by BetsyB

Just got the call from the surgery department. We have to be there at 7:15 a.m. tomorrow. I'm really starting to get nervous now. I can't believe its finally here!

Is there room for one more among the Jan Bandits? I was banded on the 12th, and am doing well..but HUNGRY! First fill on 2/12, second on 3/3.

1.What is your current and goal weight? 217/109

2.What is your surgery date? 01/12 /10

3.What is your age? 48

4.Where do you live? Chicago suburbs

5.Where are you having surgery? Silver Cross Hospital in Joliet

6.Who is your Doctor?? Brian Lahmann

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance, mostly

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? Tired of beating my head against the wall, losing weight over and over, but having difficulty maintaining

Hey BetsyB: Definitely room for many more January bandsters!! I'm fairly new to this site also; was banded on Jan. 12; and see my doctor also on Feb. 12 for what I hope will be a first fill. I'm beginning to get hungry too, so the fill can't get here fast enough! I've lost almost 20 lbs. since December; how about you? I'm not exercising, and think it would be a lot more if I'd do this....it's in the plan!!! This change in our lives is definitely a journey, so we all need to make the best of it! :confused: Let us hear from you.

Just had my first post op visit with the doctor. I'll be able to get my first fill the week of 2/15. They like to wait as close to the 6 week mark as possible. :smile2: I said I was super hungry, so he'll allow it at 5 weeks. That'll be okay...I can do it!

I did get kinda chastised for using my elliptical yesterday...I only did like 10 minutes. He said only stationary bike (which I don't have) or walking for about 10-15 minutes. OOPS!

Got to start pureed today. YUMMMMY tuna salad! LOL! :confused:

What kind of Insurance do you have? Please I am in the same boat.

Hello Betsy I would like to more about your insurance what kind it was and what all did you do before they would cover it?? Please keep informed

Hi Jan Bandsters! I have been banded for 14 days now and was starting to feel pretty good, although lacking energy. But then Aunt Flo came for a visit yesterday and it has taken a lot out of me. For some reason, the cramping, PMS is worse than usual. Ugh!

Today, I forced myself off the couch to do Wii Fit and the eliptical. I didn't do any weights though because not allowed yet. I forgot to ask my doc during post-op visit as to what exercise I could do, other than walking. I like to walk but it is very cold here in the Northeast so can't get outside. Not sure if eliptical is ok? What did your doctors say about exercise?

I haven't gone back to work yet but will probably return at the end of this week. How long were you all out of work?

So excited for the long-term benefits of the band!!!!!

hey everyone! I'm kinda new here. Fill me in on how this works? ahah I was banded on 1/15. No restriction but I'm still on my full liquids phase. Can't wait for mushie and soft foods after :thumbup:

I was banded yesterday, Jan 25th. A little pain, :thumbup: but expected. So far doing well. Even 1/2 sip of Water feels funny.

Today, I forced myself off the couch to do Wii Fit and the eliptical. I didn't do any weights though because not allowed yet. I forgot to ask my doc during post-op visit as to what exercise I could do, other than walking. I like to walk but it is very cold here in the Northeast so can't get outside. Not sure if eliptical is ok? What did your doctors say about exercise?

I haven't gone back to work yet but will probably return at the end of this week. How long were you all out of work?

I was going to use the elliptical too as that's what I have at the house. Doc said no, no, no. Oops.... :thumbup:

As for work, I had surgery on a Tuesday, did some work from home on Friday and went back full time on Monday. I was moving slow, but didn't feel there was a reason I couldn't go back. I have an office job and sit behind a desk a majority of the time, so it wasn't too difficult.

Hi everyone...

I got banded yesterday... boy am I glad that is OVER...

I found that they had to do a liver biopsy.. due to enzyme levels or something and that I had a huge hiatel hyrnia.. not a small one but was told that he fixed it which is great....so far... I have not taken any more protonix... I am going to wait to see if it comes back at all before I take some... maybe this fixed it...

I do have the slight shoulder pain from the gas .. my stomach hurts.. it does hurt to walk too much so I do rest periodically... I have to teach a half hour class downtown today but that is it.. bedtime after that...

I did take pain medicine all night and the last couple of hours moved to the lazy boy chair... because it hurts to rollllll out of bed:):thumbup:

I did take some round tylenol today and the last pill was sslllooww going down but I do not think it got stuck persay... have been on Clear Liquids and am surprisingly full... later today I am going to try some Soup but they said as soon as I tolerate full liquids well I can move to mushies...so that is great...

Whew.. the journey begins.......:thumbup::) Good thing we are the Jan Band Journeys:):scared2:

Thanks for the good words everyone...

Jennifer