Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering if the people out there that are actually losing weight after the lap band (I'm not one of them) could right down what the eat in a day. I'm not at my "sweet spot" after 5 months, but hoping to be there soon. I would just like to know how much you are eating to lose weight.

Thank you so much. I think this will really help me.

Bad girl here, seven months out and I tend to misbehave. I am down about 54lbs since starting this. I eat everything but I am dropping the weight slowly. I admit that I don't exercise so I try to watch how much I eat. If I don't drink, leave the sweet tea alone and keep the protions small I seem to do OK I work hard to keep the rules in mind, I have had some PB issues; not fun. I have only had 2 fills so far from my "spot". I didn't want to be a slave to this and I feel that the control must be from me so I am going slow with the adjustments.

I actually just talked to my surgeon today about "being a slave to the band". I asked him for another adjustment (it would be my fourth) but he said as long as I'm losing weight (and I am) then we should hold off so we don't start using the band as a crutch. And actually, he said people can get almost addicted to getting fills.

I also am not so good with the excersising. I was doing great, but then their was a death in my family and I just stopped. It would do me good to get back to the gym.

Anyways, my eating is really erratic. I usually eat twice a day (lunch and dinner, I'm really not a Breakfast eater). My calorie intake is usually between 800-1000 (1200 on a not so good day). I eat a lot of Protein (shakes, fish, tofu, etc....I don't eat poultry or red meat or pork however). I try to eat good fats (like the fat in salmon or avocado) and good carbs (milk, Beans, etc.). I definitely don't always do the best job, but for me, the key has been to NOT beat myself up if I have something less than healthy (which is what used to happen before when I was dieting...and then the diet would fail). I just eat it and let it go (or I try my best to). Also, I do give myself a treat about once a week (usually ice cream...I love ice cream). This way, I can stave off cravings by not depriving myself.

Yesterday I ate: Broiled salmon for lunch (probably around 8 oz. with some spices and a little ketchup), and for dinner I made a casserole with eggplant, mushrooms, onions, low fat cheese, and low carb sauce (kind of like eggplant parmesan but without flour, breadcrumbs, etc.). I also had one of those hostess brownie bites and 1 cube of cheese (there was a going away party at work and I couldn't resist!). Altogether that was about 920 calories, 43 grams of fat (most coming from the salmon - Omega 3 fatty acids and the cheeses), 40 carbs (from the ketchup, Tomato sauce, and brownie), and 85 grams of protein (with 55 coming from the salmon and the rest coming from the cheese and stuff in the eggplant).

We still eat out alot, but I am losing, so I must be making right choices.

I usually do a Protein Shake for breakfast, then have chicken, or chili, or shepards pie for lunch. Then dinner is either chicken or steak, or spagetti, or something like that.

Today I am having my shepards pie for lunch, which is 1 lb 93/7 ground beef, 1 can of diced potatoes and a packet of country gravy. I then add a small can of vegi's when it is almost done. It is a skillet recipe that is pretty quick to make, and I put it away in 1/2 cup and 1 cup containers for when I want it.

Dinner tonight I will be making boneless chicken breasts as well as boneless pork chops on the george foreman grill. This way I will have plenty of foods to last the rest of the week and possibly the weekend if I don't want to cook.

I have the approval of the dietician to eat a small amount of the dreamfields Pasta so I may make a macaroni and cheese with it today, haven't decided yet.

Last night dinner was spagetti, I cooked 1 cup of the dreamfields elbows for myself, and then as soon as it was finished, I put 1/2 of it in a container in the fridge, and still only ate 1/2 of what I kept out for myself. So I basically had 1/4 cup of pasta with the very meaty sauce, and I was happy. Supposedly 1 cup is a full serving.

For lunch yesterday we went to Beef O'Brady's where I ordered the kid's chicken wrap with no wrap. My side was cole slaw. The wrap is basically grilled chicken and cheese, it was really good. I ate all of that and 2 bites of the slaw, and I was finished.

I don't count calories or anything else. I don't do Protein first or low carb ar anything like that. I don't use protein shakes.I eat the same food as I have always done just in smaller portions.

Breakfast is normally a poached egg on a slice of wholemeal toast. Sometimes I add a slice of smoked salmon.

lunch depends where I am. I will have a wrap, toasted sandwich, tuna and crackers or leftovers.

dinner is some kind of protein - chicken, meat, mince whatever with veggies and a carb. So I might have spag bol,curry and rice, roast etc etc I don't have a huge portion and usually leave some on my plate.

For Snacks if I am hungry I will have tinned fruit, greek yogurt, a slice of cheese, diet mousse etc.Occasionally I will have a small piece of chocolate such as a Freddo Frog but I no longer have large choc bars on a regular basis and i don't spend my life with my hand in the fridge like I used to!

I am not holding onto sweet spot, I have a leak in my port, waiting for it to be replaced, so it really varies. I am slowly losing even with all the up and downs in the fill, i.e. I get filled to 6 and I have perfect restriction, 2 -3 weeks later I am at 4.5 cc... but, that being said, for breakfast I eat a Luna Bar with 4 oz of juice or a small light and fit yougurt shake and piece of string cheese. On weekends I may eat 1 scrambled egg with cheese. For lunch I eat pretty normally, today I had about 1 1/2 cup of chili, chili sticks with me so it keeps me full for a long time. For dinner I usually have some kind of meat and a veggie, I dont do well with bread or starches so I try to avoid them totally. I may have a sf pudding or a 3 oz size ice cream for a treat 1 or 2 times a week. Hope this helps.