Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain and Sliming every meal

I have been doing this as well, but food is coming up with my slime. I had a fill about a week ago and am so worried I am going to damage my band but I don't want an unfill because I gained weight last time. I had my surgery in Mexico, so I haven't even met the Dr. at my fill clinic, only the techs and not to sound rude or anything but they are young and not very concerned with my questions. He is the only fill dr. in my area that takes Mexico patients. I have been spitting up rather than vomiting, its light I tighten my throat and the food just comes up and the pain is relieved. Is that also bad for the band??

Any time you PB, slime, or vomit, you are going to be swollen again for about 6 to 12 hours.. You need to go back to liquids for that amount of time after each episode. Otherwise you just keep irritating already irritated tissue....

I had my band done June of 08 and untill this december i have felt fine. i noticed that when "that time of the month" comes I can't keep anything down. I have this foam that I spit up frim being so nauseas. And I can't keep any food down. Some days are ok and I get in whatever I can for for food. But I haven't gotten a fill in about 3 months!! My doc said I was loosing too much per week so after my 3rd fill I didn't go for another yet. Does anyone know what this is like?

I had my band done June of 08 and untill this december i have felt fine. i noticed that when "that time of the month" comes I can't keep anything down. I have this foam that I spit up frim being so nauseas. And I can't keep any food down. Some days are ok and I get in whatever I can for for food. But I haven't gotten a fill in about 3 months!! My doc said I was loosing too much per week so after my 3rd fill I didn't go for another yet. Does anyone know what this is like?

Your period should only be a few days. Do liquids for those few days if you are ok the rest of the time

JoJo-

Sometimes the liquids don't even stay down. I barely eat anything during that time as it is. I'm seeing my doc as soon as I get home(in FL) so I hope I haven't ruined anything inside and only need to take a little Fluid out. PS. my period is at least a week!

Any time you PB, slime, or vomit, you are going to be swollen again for about 6 to 12 hours.. You need to go back to liquids for that amount of time after each episode. Otherwise you just keep irritating already irritated tissue....

What does PB and sliming mean?

Prodductive Burp (PB) is when you are stuck and you keep burping over and over in an attempt to get the item through. Sliming is when you need to throw up the item but all you get is slime.

I am 5 weeks post op. Had my 1st fill nothing changed could still eat anything. Had my 2nd fill on 2/2. Here's my dilemma. I am having trouble eating most stuff. I'm trying to determine the difference between being stuck and having restriction.

So, at first bite of chicken (size of dime chewed a lot) I am still getting stuck. So obviously this does not mean restriction because it's my first bite. So in my trial and error testing I found I could eat Chili. So last night I wanted to see if I ate a cup of chili would I get full. I didn't. It seemed as though I could have eaten three cups.

So, today I tried eating a piece of chicken again and each piece got stuck. So it's taking me an hour to eat a piece of chicken, but I never seem to get full. Maybe because it takes me so long to eat it or maybe because there is no restriction.

So my question is there really seems to be no restriction but everything is getting stuck. I feel like I need another fill so I can have restriction but with another fill Im not sure I could eat any real Protein.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

I have pain and sliming with every meal right now, but i had 2 fills in 2 week totally 3 cc.... i am doing liquid for a few days i am confidant it will get better.

I am 5 weeks post op. Had my 1st fill nothing changed could still eat anything. Had my 2nd fill on 2/2. Here's my dilemma. I am having trouble eating most stuff. I'm trying to determine the difference between being stuck and having restriction.

So, at first bite of chicken (size of dime chewed a lot) I am still getting stuck. So obviously this does not mean restriction because it's my first bite. So in my trial and error testing I found I could eat Chili. So last night I wanted to see if I ate a cup of chili would I get full. I didn't. It seemed as though I could have eaten three cups.

So, today I tried eating a piece of chicken again and each piece got stuck. So it's taking me an hour to eat a piece of chicken, but I never seem to get full. Maybe because it takes me so long to eat it or maybe because there is no restriction.

So my question is there really seems to be no restriction but everything is getting stuck. I feel like I need another fill so I can have restriction but with another fill Im not sure I could eat any real Protein.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

I have two ideas here. Chili is a slider so it isn't making you full because it is slipping on through. You sound like you are too tight, because you should be able to eat small bites of meat if you chew it well enough. I would talk to the doc about it, you might need a tiny bit taken out. Did you do a couple days of liquid after your fill and then slowly add mushies then food? If not, do it now. Also, full is not the same thing as it was pre-band. When the food is not tasting good anymore, or if it is otherwise not enjoyable anymore, stop, you are full. This is all a learning experience so keep learning you will be fine!!! Hugs!!!

You are all so helpful. I just had a fill on Tuesday. I can hardly swallow liquids. After one bite of soft food, it hurts and after a couple, I need to vomit. Do you suggest I do all liquids for a couple of days? Do Protein Shakes count? I was thinking about calling the doctor first thing on Monday morning but maybe I should wait and try the liquids first.

It does sound like you need a tiny bit of an unfill. I've been through this too. It's not fun at all. Ya won't really loose weight if you're too tight either. When I finally decided to go in for an unfill, I started loosing again and felt so much better! Good luck with things hope ya feel better soon!:thumbup:

I always get this after a fill - it persists for a few weeks and then subsides.

I've come to the conclusion that bringing up food is going to be a part of my banded life - there's nothing that can prevent it, no amount of chewing, no amount of time in between one bite to the next...my only option is to stick to liquids and that would make the band useless. My surgeon assured me my band was fine, there are no 'technical' issues, it's just the way I react. Oh well.