Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded yesterday morning and consider myself to have a pretty high pain tolerance. However, I've been crying like a baby because my pain meds are barely keeping the pain at a manageable level. When lying still my pain has been around a 3-4, when sitting up or walking it's more like a 7-8.

Please tell me this is normal and I'll feel great in 2 days.

Is the pain just at your port site? or your abdomen in general? I think the pain varies per person, mine was the worst when I would lay down. I couldn't get comfortable and sleep a whole night until a week out. Hang in there, trust me, in a few days it'll get better. But if you find that it gets worse, call your doc.

It is definitely my port site.

It's normal. Hang in there. It'll get better in a couple of days!

I was just banded Sept 16 2009 and feel sick to my stomach the last 2 days. Also I have these large ? gas bubbles that are round and hard by my insisions its like a babys foot or something pushing out of my stomach. Really weird feeling. I tried yest to eat a tiny little bite of scrambled egg and almost threw up but ran and took some antinausia medicine and was able not to. Im wondering if I made the right decision doing this. I hope it is going to get better soon. I hate to feel like Im always on the verge ov throwing up. could use some advice.

I was just banded Sept 16 2009 and feel sick to my stomach the last 2 days. Also I have these large ? gas bubbles that are round and hard by my insisions its like a babys foot or something pushing out of my stomach. Really weird feeling. I tried yest to eat a tiny little bite of scrambled egg and almost threw up but ran and took some antinausia medicine and was able not to. Im wondering if I made the right decision doing this. I hope it is going to get better soon. I hate to feel like Im always on the verge ov throwing up. could use some advice.

I was the same way after surgery, for about a week or so. Trust me, it DOES go away. Don't doubt your decision to get banded this early in the game. I know it's discouraging, but trust me, it's only temporary. I had my doubts in the beginning as well. I wasn't able to eat anything solid or semi solid until after about a week and half. Take it slow, do your liquids and hang in there. In a weeks time, you'll be feeling alot better. The gas and pain are normal. I experienced that terribly in the beginning, I thought I'd never make it. But here I am 4 months later, 58 pounds lost, and I feel SO much better. I am happy with my decision to be banded and I know that you will too. Just please give it some time. You'll feel better soon!

if you were just banded on 9/16 you shouldn't even be trying to eat solid foods yet. I had mine on 09/17 and I'm on a full liquid diet for two weeks. Yogurts, strained cream Soups, sugar free puddings, things like that. Your doctor should have told you not to try anything solid for awhile. Wait a few weeks and then try it again.

I was also banded on the 16th. My worse day was post-op day 2, I definately needed my pain meds then. My port site does seem to be more tender too. But I was told it would be, from many people. Im good now, I clean and walk around outdoors and on my treadmill, I get a little more tired quicker than normal but I guess its to be expected. Im glad I did it and I have lost 8 1/2 pounds since surgery!

Good Luck and dont give up its only been one day!:bored:

PS, im also eating solid food and keeping it down and not having any trouble with it. I guess all docs do things differently. BUT what works for one doesnt necessarily work for another. I feel very good.

Edited by rottie69

I recommend when laying down putting a couple of pillows under your legs, this helped me a lot. I did not have any gas pain however I did have a fair amount of port site pain and I found it alleviated it. The pain meds gave me Migraines so I had to stop taking them.

Another thing that alleviated this was I went to the Chiro shortly after and she was VERY gentle in realigning me after the surgery. This also made me feel a lot better.

I gets better though! Just remember why you are doing this :bored:

Oh how do I remember those first few days! MISERABLE is the only word I could use to describe it. Laying down wasn't so bad, it was getting up that was the worst part for me. I would have to make a plan every time I wanted to sit up, or sit down, or go to the bathroom. Thank God my mom was there to help me shower and other things. I'm sure your feeling better by now, I was up and driving by the third day and it was all downhill from there. I wouldn't say I was back to normal until about a month post op, but definately tolerable after about 4 days. Good Luck with everything. Hope you are feeling better.

I was banded yesterday morning and consider myself to have a pretty high pain tolerance. However, I've been crying like a baby because my pain meds are barely keeping the pain at a manageable level. When lying still my pain has been around a 3-4, when sitting up or walking it's more like a 7-8.

Please tell me this is normal and I'll feel great in 2 days.

Wow. Guess I should consider myself lucky. I was banded on 9-08. I had some bruisy feeling around my port site that lessened daily and was pretty much gone at 9 days. I wasn't seriously in pain at any point. Sore yes, but pain that meds didn't dull to acceptable levels, no. My big gripe was feeling bloated with air. That annoyed the snot out of me. Glad that is gone.