Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I'm dying.

Since my last fill, I have had the worst heartburn ever. I have taken Pepto Bismol, Tums, Prilosec..and it always comes back, but today OH MY GOD! All night last night I couldn't really sleep because my heartburn was actually waking me up and I have this sharp pain between my chest, my throat and my back. It's one of the worst things I have ever felt.

I still can't eat ANYTHING...I can barely drink Water. I get a little hungry sometimes, but I know if I eat anything I will be barfing it 2 minutes later.

I also feel like barfing when I get this sharp pain..but I went to the dentist yesterday, and evidently all the barfing I have done with my lap band has messed my teeth up so bad that I now need over 3000 dollars in dental work. I have to have 4 teeth pulled also.

I have an appointment on the 24th with my lap-band doctor, but I don't know if I can wait til then, I am in so much pain that I seriously want to cry.

I think I might be in lap-band Hell right now..I always loved my lap-band..but right now I am kind of regretting it.

Anyone think an unfill will make my terrible heartburn go away? :tt1:

Absolutely, you need an unfill...call your doctor ASAP.

I have heartburn issues as well, a complete unfill should help you out. Contact your doctor, hope everything works out, keep us posted! How long have you been having issues? Take care :tt1:

MichelleBee-

That is exactly how I felt when my band slipped. Call your doctor and demand to be seen immediately. You can cause serious damage to your stomach if it has slipped and you are continuing to throw up and acid reflux.

Discuss the amount of unfill with your doctor. At the previous level of fill, you didn't have this problem, correct? Then I would not ask to be unfilled to less than level and probably not all the way back to that level. A very small unfill, even .2cc can make all the difference in the world!

Well, I walked into Surgilite and waited about 2 hours to be seen, and the other Dr. completely unfilled me and was SHOCKED that I had waited that long to come back. It was a few months of being overfilled, and I seriously couldn't wait til the 24th to go in. He unfilled my band and I have an upper GI on the 24th now. I don't know if I have to pay out of pocket for it, but I know I will find out. The Dr. also told me that the other Dr. never wrote down how many ccs he put in me last time. I guess I will go from whatever results I get on my upper GI, I might need a revision..but I really don't want them to fully take it out. So as of now, I am a little confused and worried, and still having some weird pain in my chest when I lay down.

Michelle, thanks for letting us know how you're doing. I'm very glad you saw a doctor and got an unfill. Maybe that will all you need plus some time for your stomach to heal. I hope you get good news from your from your upper GI series.