Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hi there...

I am about to get the kids to scool but wanted to drop in and say hello.

Kat-thanks for the website. Sounds really neat!

Found out in an e-mail this morning from one of my sisters that my brother and his wife have already split. Learn something new every day! :rolleyes2:

Having one of those days......

I logged on to the bank account to make sure our paycheck went in, and the check is for WAAAAAAY less than it should have been. They deposited less than a hundred bucks!!! So I called Rick, he goes to HR---and it seems the local office only keyed in 3 of his days of work. When questioned, and his log pulled up, there are the remaining 11 days worth of paperwork-----never entered. The woman acknowledged her mistake, said she must have gotten distracted while doing his, and when she come back she thought she was through with his.

So meanwhile, we get 3 days of pay---but they take out ALL the usual, insurance, our 401K loan, our contribution to our IRA's-----everything! Left us with a paycheck under a hundred bucks. They assured us it will be paid, but it might just come in on the next pay check--------which is Christmas Day.

Why does this happen at this time of year?

Why are my property taxed due at this time of the year?

I am so pissed off I totally get the going postal thing---good thing I am not armed.

I am going to end up getting into what is left of our savings account, to pay bills and buy groceries for Christmas dinner---that is ridiculous!

Like Rick told her---she better be damn glad his grandkids already had Christmas bought---or she would be in up to her neck. As it is, he is being nice, and not causing a big uproar----unlike how I would be. Then again, he will get up, go to work, and all will be normal----I will be the one trying to figure out how to best handle the drop in income, as it joins the drop from me not working.

Thinking, maybe I should stake out a street corner. Who am I kidding? No one pays for OLD hookers!!! LOL

I am trying to keep myself making jokes about this, but it is difficult......thanks for letting me vent.

Kat, vent all you want to. It is terrible that that happened and that we also have to pay taxes at the end of the year. I know in Ark. they pay theirs I think in Aug. Man, that would be so nice. And than to top it off them making a mistake doesn't make it any easier.

Took Sis to go do her grocery shopping, got all done and was taking her home when my younger sis called and said that they had took her hubby in for an MRI on his leg and sure enough he has a broken bone. They called around and finally found an orthopedic Doc to take him on Monday. It's a bone in his thigh so you know they are not going to want any pressure on it at all. He's not going to be able to put his leg on so it's either the crutches or the wheelchair for him. Poor guy.

Came home to a fire going. I love my hubby. I had a Protein dink this morning and a few pretzels to snack on. While I had sis out we stopped to get her some tacos and I ate one and regretted it. I ate it too fast and had chest pains for 15 minutes. Sitting her with pressure in my chest but it's getting better.

Tomorrow I work in the morning and than a girl that comes in is supposed to go with me to see the Bingham-Wagnor Home. They have it all decorated for Christmas ans we were wanting to go see it. I haven't talked to her all week, I hope we are still on for this. It's an old English home built around the turn of the century. The family finally donated it to the city. It was restored and now they give tours everyday.

Now if I can keep from falling asleep in my chair.

Hey y'all~

Thanks for the PM Laura. Rick has talked to the powers that be at work, and they fixed his paycheck issues, but it won't credit into our account until Monday. But hey Monday is not a big deal! I can take that. I do my best not to touch our savings, and to use it for everyday living expenses was not something I wanted to do. In normal times, I would be able to survive without issue, but right at Christmas, with all the buying to be done, and the property taxes, and the co-pay on Rick's surgical excision yesterday was $500.00. If it had been a simple cut and scoop it out kind of thing, but with the area it was in, and the proximity to the eye, they did it in a surgical setting. I am not trying to say he should not have had it done, but just meaning it was another chunk of $$ gone. We spend money when we go to TX. We always make money while we are there, but it goes into a different account! Yes it is ours, and we plan on using it when we are older and grayer!! LOL When we sell cattle, it goes into the account there, and we only use that account to pay for stuff there. So the fuel and the food, and the travel expenses, and my shopping all come out of our daily account here----so it seems like it has been draining out a LOT faster than poor ol' Rick can put it back in!

I was angry. But Rick was nice....one of the things I love most about him, is his fairness---but in cases like this, before I calm down it is also something that irritates the Sam Hell out of me! LOL

Like he said, the poor woman in the office is in the same position he is, they have laid off so many people, and those left are expected to pick up the slack, and juggle a dozen different jobs. So he was understanding, and since they are not going to make us wait for 2 more weeks.....he was right.

Laura, they never offered to pay us in any way locally--they always claim everything has to go through corporate. But years ago when Rick almost died following a GI bleed, they drug their feet getting his short term disability started, and the head honcho here at the time, offered to pay us if they could not get us going quickly. The new camp boss, is a rude, arrogant, uncaring guy tho----and the old one was this amazingly sexy looking Italian guy, who was just as nice personality wise as look wise!! LOL---of course him they got rid of, and we got Loser Larry!

Rick said his nose is pretty sore, and he is going to give his contacts a try....should be interesting, they are OLD! They are packaged.....so are fine but the RX is an old one---and he had issues wearing CL's.

I have everything ready for Rick to sweep the chimney when he comes in, the fire is so slow, it must be getting tight---better safe than sorry.

Will check in later!

Got my kids pics, they are adorable....I love my babies!

I sent Jenn a text...maybe we will see her pop in!

Kat-I am SO glad they got the paycheck issue fixed. That would be something that would happen to US!

The contestants on the biggest loser blew me away at how great they look! I personally think the guy that won looks better with a little more meat on his bones...but thats just me....I love a meaty guy :rolleyes2:

Hey ya'll

sorry been mia, just down right exhausted and a little stressed about holidays.

I'm still all backed up but 4 dose of Miralax are starting to work today, but I think the last 24 hrs of chicken broth are helping. I got my fill, was back down to 1.2 and now back to 1.5. I'm going to do liquids as long as possible, going to shoot for 10 days and see how that goes.

Have not been to the gym in almost 2 weeks, so feeling lazy and back up to 189. YIKES 7lbs. So I pray this fill works. 160 and holding, and we start really pushing for tt. Nutrition is going to get me going on that.

Anyway, I apologize for being completely mia, and not reading what is going on with everyone. I'm so sorry, but I will make sure i get on every day. We cannot use computers at work for anything personal, they know... so can't pop on, and I leave at 6:15

Hope all is going well, miss you all, i'm here finishing my shopping on line.

Had to open my mouth about the Biggest Loser finale.

First, I did not watch it because of the EA exam.

Second, I did watch parts of it on NBC.com

NOW, my opinion...that man TRACY you were talking about looked horrible..to skinny, his skin tone was bad

He will gain it back..

that look was on the Biggest Loser season ??

the guy worked in a Deli

and temptation won

he really gained an easy 100 lbs back

and wound up living in shame..till he went on Oprah

One of the young ladies was deadly thin

she claims that she is running...her face was so skeleton like

I did not go to NYU for my lapband because of the travel distance

Alot, of my friends travel travel for hours to see the team there

I think her name is Dr Ren...anyway..nice doctor and she tells everyone (in the introduction..at the auditorium) that she will do their banding but SHE DOES NOT want any of her people to look like that skeleton face drawn look

and she actually makes the face

So, if the doctors do not allow it ... why is the Biggest Loser projecting something that the great minds of medicine does not endorse :0)

BTW... when one of the contestants asked the other one to get married.....did I cry...they showed the moms jumping into each others arms

now that marriage will work on all fronts

diet, love, and the moms will KILL them if it does not work

ugh..peace on earth

BTW...... Monday, I am going into the lapband doctors office to get myself weighed......becasue now.that I have passed the test...thank you god... I have to really start exercising again..this morning I slept to 2 in the afternoon... since I am still in shock

Some friends of mine, have asked if I would call them.. to motivate them to walk in the mall (please)

Gotta think about that..since I am not a mall person...I would rather go to the park.

But when I need to do some serious walking.....go to a large supermarket...and with a shopping cart walk down all the aisles ... the cart balances you... but you are constantly walking.

One of the local large supermarkets ... asks me to come to his store.. because while I walk up and down.. I find things that should not be on the shelves :rolleyes2:

And if I go with my coupons...and find a mismark..with coupon....life is good

Hanukah was great.... and I made the potatoe latkes (pancakes) from scratch and bought fresh applesauce that used ripe pears for a sweetner..excellent

So since we eat for 8 days...I will be at the farmer to buy the large box of apples...and make applesauce for my family, freeze some and I always give to friends...

I also buy veggies to make the pancakes different

I tried frying tonight... but tastes better when bake in oven with Pam

Chanukah is the oil, symbolism so their are comments about the Pam

Ugh, who needs the extra oil and calories

and as long as my family does not mind.. its fine with me

I also make pierogies in the oven OMG delicious

A mothers thing.... I was on my sons computer this morning and he had an email about a really nice ...helping others event...I called to see if they could leave a space for my son... to my surprise they said he is on the list.. he called in a 3 days ago...could you imagine.. sooooo... when he came home from school...I asked him, why he did not tell me... he said I am a teenager and I forgot.. but I never thought of telling you SINCE I WAS DOING GOOD

Best shock yet

Have a great day

OMG I just did a huge post and lost it

good morning all

super frustrated now....

Good morning everyone!

I agree with Laura. It is like they purposely get like skeletons just to win the money. Like that Tracy witch...she was ugly to begin with then when she was at the finale I thought OMG...her hair was even thin! She was not eating properly just so she could win the 'at home' money. I wis they would make the prize something like "we will pay for your time you missed from work and pay for your reconstructive surgery if you need it to remove the excess skin, and a lifetime gym membership and even a vacation and maybe 10,000 dollars for some new clothes. Then people would seriously do it for themselves instead of money.

It looks like my neighbor is going to get a job soon. She asked me if I would keep her kids... 3 year old girl and 2 month old boy. I said yes! I wanted a part time job anyway and this is perfect even if it is full time. At least I get to stay home and I do not have to worry about the "corporate" world again! I am done for that right now. Maybe later down the road but I have served that sentence. lol The 3 year old will be starting preschool this year coming anyway, so that is good. I hope it all works out.

Jenn-good to see you! We missed you. Sorry you lost your post. It is aggrevating to say the least.

I can not wait for a new year...maybe I can rejuvinate myself. First I need to figure out a way to forgive myself.

Have a good day ladies! Enjoy your week-end!

Good morning everyone!

I agree with Laura. It is like they purposely get like skeletons just to win the money. Like that Tracy witch...she was ugly to begin with then when she was at the finale I thought OMG...her hair was even thin! She was not eating properly just so she could win the 'at home' money. I wis they would make the prize something like "we will pay for your time you missed from work and pay for your reconstructive surgery if you need it to remove the excess skin, and a lifetime gym membership and even a vacation and maybe 10,000 dollars for some new clothes. Then people would seriously do it for themselves instead of money. Tracy, my big post was answers to Laura's, In a nutshell, I agree. it did look like some of them did anything to win the money. They looked unhealthy. I would do it for me, and take plastic surgery, gym membership and 10,000. That would be well worth it... 100,000 is all they got right? That won't go far, 10-20k for plastic depending on how much needs to be done, lifetime membership... shoot i pay $70 a month... and 10k... new clothes and a nice vacation... I would be very happy

It looks like my neighbor is going to get a job soon. She asked me if I would keep her kids... 3 year old girl and 2 month old boy. I said yes! I wanted a part time job anyway and this is perfect even if it is full time. At least I get to stay home and I do not have to worry about the "corporate" world again! I am done for that right now. Maybe later down the road but I have served that sentence. lol The 3 year old will be starting preschool this year coming anyway, so that is good. I hope it all works out. That is great, I will send good thoughts your way

Jenn-good to see you! We missed you. Sorry you lost your post. It is aggrevating to say the least.

Oh you have no idea how mad I was LOL... glad to be back, missed you all

I can not wait for a new year...maybe I can rejuvinate myself. First I need to figure out a way to forgive myself. Listen sister, what is there to forgive? You quit smoking, and now that is done... time to move forward again! That is a huge accomplishment and either way you should be proud of yourself! Think of how much healthier you are!

Have a good day ladies! Enjoy your week-end!

Hola

I am now awake, had coffee and a cup of broth, was going to go to the gym, but since everything is now going right through me... I think I'll go tomorrow when my stomach settles down. My sweet dd just informed me that i am much flatter than I was all week. I felt huge and she was trying to be nice and sugarcoat it for me. I told her I knew I looked like crap so please be honest. LOL

Off to deposit my check and pay some bills, and clean the house... to get ready for my xmas party on Friday night... can't wait

they just started making pineapple vodka... that is going to make some mean Jello shots

They get 250,000 for the winner at the finale, then the one that got voted out and keeps losing the most at home ... that winner gets 100,000. Still, it shouldnt be about money...we are all on the same page about that.

What you prob do not realize Jenn is that I am about 20-25 pounds away from what my surgery weight was. God it hurt admitting that. But, that is why I am so hard on myself and struggling so much. I feel like a failure and I can"t shake it. :rolleyes2:

Laura

those are all my favorite foods, I grew up on, except I didn't appreciate them when I was young. My aunt use to make homemade sausage to go with all that. Now I miss it

How do you do perogies in the oven? Please share..... Because of my fill we are doing simple xmas, but easter we are going to make our traditional xmas food.< /span>

They get 250,000 for the winner at the finale, then the one that got voted out and keeps losing the most at home ... that winner gets 100,000. Still, it shouldnt be about money...we are all on the same page about that.

What you prob do not realize Jenn is that I am about 20-25 pounds away from what my surgery weight was. God it hurt admitting that. But, that is why I am so hard on myself and struggling so much. I feel like a failure and I can"t shake it. :rolleyes2:

Tracy

Do I have to get on a plane and come personally kick your ass! First... you know what it would take for me to do that... so you would be in serious trouble!

But seriously, I just gained 10lbs on dr scale in a month, and i could beat myself up and get depressed or accept it and fix it.

I could not go to the gym because Its been 2+ weeks so why go back now.

Today is a new day! Forgive so you can get yourself back in the game. Of all people I know you can do it. You are a strong woman! You have inspired me beyond belief... so please... be strong, you can do it!

get on a plane after the holidays and come spend a weekend with me! In the freezing cold ... we can drink wine(or stuff) in front of a fire and have a great girls weekend.... bring Macy... remember I have a 6 year old and a 15 year old sitter....

come when you can get a super cheap flight and the rest of it is on me!

MUAH ...

Just stopping by real quick to say hi.

Finished a THIRD blanket last night for the Veterans and I need to run in to town to drop them off. Pouring rain here and have been hoping it will let up some, but not looking like it.

I'll be back when I have more time to post.