Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained 30 lbs a little over 3 years out

I was at a size 14/16 but I didn't have the money for fills anymore $200. I have gained 30 lbs and I am up 1 size, sometimes 2 depending on what I wear. I am calling my surgeon next week to see if I can get a fill. OMG, I am so scared. I was 320 when I started this adventure, 30 lbs on my own and over 70 on lapband. I was pretty satisfied with over 70 lbs lost and a size 14/16 at 5'8 1/4. I did get sick of BPing but because I don't do a lot of working out I was satisfied. Can someone give me some insight as to how they got back on track please. I feel so discouraged really. But they say you can gain 20% back...so I am at 40%. It's okay...I just need to get with the program. Of course, getting a large iced coffee at McDonalds didn't help...they don't use non fat milk and it goes down so nicely with the band. I look at my 14s now and say OMG, I was so skinny. I know I can lose the 30 lbs but it will take me a year. Please help!

did you get your fill?

Welcome back, sorry to hear you did not have insurance or a way to pay. Take a breather and step back and rewrite your short term goal. Start a new list of what you have been eating everyday, maybe you can get out and start walking for a while. We are all here to help you when will you get your fill?

Chris

I was at a size 14/16 but I didn't have the money for fills anymore $200. I have gained 30 lbs and I am up 1 size, sometimes 2 depending on what I wear. I am calling my surgeon next week to see if I can get a fill. OMG, I am so scared. I was 320 when I started this adventure, 30 lbs on my own and over 70 on lapband. I was pretty satisfied with over 70 lbs lost and a size 14/16 at 5'8 1/4. I did get sick of BPing but because I don't do a lot of working out I was satisfied. Can someone give me some insight as to how they got back on track please. I feel so discouraged really. But they say you can gain 20% back...so I am at 40%. It's okay...I just need to get with the program. Of course, getting a large iced coffee at McDonalds didn't help...they don't use non fat milk and it goes down so nicely with the band. I look at my 14s now and say OMG, I was so skinny. I know I can lose the 30 lbs but it will take me a year. Please help!

If you are drinking the McDonalds coffee because it goes down easily, maybe you don't really need a fill. Maybe you are a little too tight. Try the 5 Day Pouch Test. It will remind you of how you should be eating. Also, you will be able to see how your band responds to healthy Proteins. It will help you see if you really need to get a fill, to make better food choices, or to get a slight unfill. I know this is frustrating, but give it a try and Celebrate the weight you DID lose and the fact you really haven't gained much back. You are willing to confront and fix this now.

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

I would be scared too. Do you have any money you can set aside to save for a fill? Can you check with your surgeon and see if they will take payments? Do you have a credit card you could possibly use for the fill? Save the money you are spending each time for McDonads and use it toward your fill. Put a jar on your night stand or dresser and everytime you get extra change or a dollar or two put it in the jar. Save and save some more until you get money for that fill.

Thank you all for your support. I am going to call my surgeon today and get in for a fill. Come hell or high Water I will pay for it. When I lose I usually lose 1-2 lbs per week when I'm at the right level....so I am hoping to lose the 30 lbs in the next 4-6 months. Funny, when I look at those 14s with my cute little embleshed butterflies and things I just OMG....I was so skinny! Why are we so hard on ourselves when we don't think we are thin enough! Thanks girls....glad to be back. Love you all. Still love the band!

Julie, try tracking all your food every day. www.livestrong.com has a free service. I think it's called the Daily Plate. There are quite a few others online. For me, when I got stuck, I started just writing down what I ate at what time of day .... no complicated calorie/protein/carb counting....and I discovered a pattern of coming home hungry in the evenings, grazing while I cooked and then eating at least part of my dinner. So, once I knew the problem time of day, I could make some adjustments. I'm just starting to see some positive scale action again.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Honey, a year is better than not at all. . . remember how proud you felt when you lost all the weight? Man, I weigh 330 right now and am strongly thinking about getting this surgery done. . .(have to convince hubbie i'm not going to die on the table you know) Just think of all that money you have spent? Don't let them (society) win and don't let the saying "there's a fortune in fat" be the norm. . . fight with all you've got, get those fills, you probably spend more on those McDonald coffees and stuff your not suppose to eat then what the fills cost. . . come on get back on the program. . . it's for YOU, not for the income of McDonalds and someone else. . .YOU!!!