Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st Post op review cancelled and I dont want to put the weight back on!!

Hi Everyone! How is everyone getting on? I just found out that my 1st appointment with doc since op is being delayed until end of this month, which is 4 weeks later than it should of been!! I just know I will put any weight lost back on by then. I was so looking forward to this appointment and having the opportunity to ask directly some questions etc. Just starting solids. Any advice and tips on eating/recipes/food quantities etc would be much appreciated. I so dont want to put weight back on in the meantime. Hope everyone is doing good. :-)

Once you get on solids you should not have trouble just measure what you eat and drink a lot of Water. I only have one small fill and I am 7 weeks post op. You will lose. It is just on the mushies you seem to not loose because I don't think it stays in the pouch as long as solids.

Thanks for quick reply! Just not sure if I am eating too much. Today I had

BF : Scrambled egg (2 eggs, little milk, 2tsps sour cream, brown sauce)

Lunch: 2 L/F Crackers, 4 tbsps canned tuna, sour cream, humous

Dinner: 6 tbsps shepherds pie & mushy peas

Evening Snack: 2 L/f Cream crackers with humous

Drank Water throughout day

2 coffees Decaf

1 skinny hot choco

Is that a lot...sounds alot. I have no problems eating any of it or keeping it down. Just may not be little enough for weight loss :blink:

That does not sound like too much to me. I eat chicken salad most of the time and sometimes eggs. I like easy stuff. But now that you are off of the mushies you should lose weight easier even without a fill.

Hi thanks for the reassurance. Its good to talk to someone esp as you are ahead of me at 7 weeks post op. How have you been with it all? Have you had good weight loss?

Remember the band is a tool.....you're already preparing yourself for a let down.....you can do it..l..best of luck

Hi thanks for the reassurance. Its good to talk to someone esp as you are ahead of me at 7 weeks post op. How have you been with it all? Have you had good weight loss?

I am doing good. I am down 22 lbs since surgery and have had no problems at all. I have only had one fill but look to have another one soon. I do love my band and look forward to the future.:biggrin:

If you stick to your post-op meal plan that you, your doctor and dietician set for you and you continue to exercise (which is MOST important) you WILL lose weight and the appointment will be just a formality....

Keep your chin up and measure your foods, remember to drink or eat enough Protein and you will be on the road to a better recovery- The people here are wonderful and are very open about their experiences etc.. Feel free to ask anyone anything! Good luck!

Remember the band is a tool.....you're already preparing yourself for a let down.....you can do it..l..best of luck

Thank you for the encouraging words! I am working with my band just doubtful about how well. Was keen to talk to doc but have to wait now. But hey, that's cool, your right... I can do it!!:biggrin:

If you stick to your post-op meal plan that you, your doctor and dietician set for you and you continue to exercise (which is MOST important) you WILL lose weight and the appointment will be just a formality....

Keep your chin up and measure your foods, remember to drink or eat enough Protein and you will be on the road to a better recovery- The people here are wonderful and are very open about their experiences etc.. Feel free to ask anyone anything! Good luck!

Hi I cant exercise yet although I do walk and I am very mobile. Just not ready for the gym. Couple more weeks and you wont get me out of there:smile: Thanks for the advise. This site is certainly a blessing and more importantly the people are great. Thanks. :biggrin:

I am doing good. I am down 22 lbs since surgery and have had no problems at all. I have only had one fill but look to have another one soon. I do love my band and look forward to the future.:biggrin:

Wow! Great weight loss in 7 weeks. Pleased you have not had any problems. I haven't fallen in love with my band yet but I know I am going to real soon!!!:tt1: Keep up the good work! :lol: