Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi!! Im Carlene i Don't know where to start

The pool girl is very wise, especially for someone who doesn't even HAVE any type of WLS going on. :frown:

hi, thanks thepoolgirl!

thats a cute name to. i guess you like to play pool? my brother has a pool table in his garage. its fun to wtahc him but i dont play. i guess im not good at banging balls on a table. lol! hehehe.......

ok RNY. i saw that here to. but thats another thing i dont know about. i thought it was a rap singer or sumthin. i guess not. so is that different from the band? a different kind of band? if I get that can i still eat reeses or are the rules the same?

theres another thing i dont know to much about, my brother said the band was osmething that goes outside, and kind of wraps around you tight to keep you from eating to much. if thats what it is why does it need a surgery? dont surgery things always go on the inside? or does part of it go inside and part of it outside?

oh and someone mentioned the insurance thing...i dont have insurance but my dad said he would pay for it. this might be another really ass question but if it goes on the outside is this something a vet can do? in my job a meet i lot of vets coz i work with cows, and they can sometimes help me when i cut myself, i have several stitches i got from a vet in my forehead when a cow i was working on got all pissy and ramed my forehead. so i just dont know enough about this thing.

i just know that im fat and i need to get rid of it.

ok about the mexican thing....are they safe? i mean when we go down there were not supposed to drink the Water and i think maybe they use Water in the docotrs offcie there so it cant be all that clean. I dont know.

how long do the bands last? do you always have to have them, or can you take them off if you go to the beach?

thanks again everyone for all the answers. thsi is so new to me...i hope i can learn so much and give these same answers to other people when they get there bands too!

thanks!

carlene

oh hey! I leand to use this quote button...wow thats neat..

ok i feel kind of stupid now coz i dont know all these words yet....i know sliders now. i guess thats like ice cream and stuff. but what about cake. its not creamy and slidy can i still have it? but i guess if you mix it with ice cream in your mouth with spit and everything i guess it would be a slider? sorry i guess that was gross. hehehe!

ok, now theres the pouch you said. I really feel dumb now...whats the pouch? is that what you carry around your lap band food in ?

thanks everyone....i'm really surpised im getting so many answers. there is a bunch to leanri guess, yeh? hehe..lol!

carlene

There are all kinds of neat features and people on LBT! You just have to do some searching and you will be amazed at all of the resourceful people that are here to help and support you!:frown:

Nobody on LBT is stupid :w00t: just ask away and you will learn quickly!

Gosh. Where to start.... Okay, the band does go inside. I'm sure your vet friend could do it for you. After all, if he can manage stitches, surely he can wrap a band around ya. I would take my band off at the beach. But then mine is made from bread twist tie things and they rust. As for Mexico, I would never drink the Water but I think the docs do. That, or tequila. It's all clear-ish I guess.

Maybe someone who has a band can answer more questions for you. I'm limited to all things pool-related.:frown:

Pooooly

The band goes around your stomach (on the inside) to make the pouch so you can't eat as much. So yeah, you would need surgery.

You should look at all WLS options before making a decision. So like Pooly said, you might want to look into the RNY - that would help you get over the Reese's because you would dump when you ate sugar. I don't know much about that, I have the band, but it doesn't sound fun!

If you were to get the band it is with you for awhile. You wouldn't want to get the band and have it removed one month later - that would be another surgery. So, again, you should look at all the WLS options before making a decision and having to have some sort of revision.

I think Kristen is trying to say that YOU don't choose your surgery, your SURGERY chooses you. Or something to that effect....

Or perhaps, when the patient is ready, the surgeon will appear.

I think Kristen is trying to say that YOU don't choose your surgery, your SURGERY chooses you. Or something to that effect....

That was stated very well!

Or perhaps, when the patient is ready, the surgeon will appear.

...with Reese's and tequila for everybody in the OR.

(That might just be MY experience. If you're allergic to peanuts, you could be screwed here. Oh, don't eat the worm. That goes to the last one standing after the tequila is gone.)

...with Reese's and tequila for everybody in the OR.

(That might just be MY experience. If you're allergic to peanuts, you could be screwed here. Oh, don't eat the worm. That goes to the last one standing after the tequila is gone.)

If your doc has skillz, he could be the last one standing!

Get lots of infomation. You eat less, physically you just can't eat to much, my limit is 1/2 a cup at a time, and you have to move your butt. The band is a tool you have to make it work for you. Exercise??? Maybe just walk around your garden for 10 minutes or do sit ups and use a step at home every night then gradually add stuff as you feel more confident. Good Luck Chooky

The band goes around your stomach (on the inside) to make the pouch so you can't eat as much. So yeah, you would need surgery.

You should look at all WLS options before making a decision. So like Pooly said, you might want to look into the RNY - that would help you get over the Reese's because you would dump when you ate sugar. I don't know much about that, I have the band, but it doesn't sound fun!

If you were to get the band it is with you for awhile. You wouldn't want to get the band and have it removed one month later - that would be another surgery. So, again, you should look at all the WLS options before making a decision and having to have some sort of revision.

yeh the reeses are abig problem for me. and my brother. his name is chris and he's fat too. he's really fatter than I am, and he said that if i get a band and it works he wants one too. he aksed if when i'm done with mine maybe he could use mine? i dont know if it it works like that. But he can if he wants. Can you wash a band? He might have to if he uses mine. So what does one of these bands look like?

ok so it goes inside. i didnt know that - they dont say that on the bus benches or the tv but thats ok. so its the kind of surgery where they cut you open? or is like those pills where they can you know just put it up your butt. i know i sound dumb, but i really dont know.

ok the RNY again...that would help with the reeses? i would dump when i ate sugar? you mean the sugar in the reeses would make me take a dump? Well I already have to go potty when I eat a lot of them, so I don’t know why that’s different. But I’ll have to look into the rny. The reeses are what I think made me fat.

Ive been looking a round here and I see people calling this a journey. So I guess that means the journey to the doctor? That makes me think that maybe there aren’t very many doctors that do this if I have to take a journey to get it done. I guess that mean Mexico?

I live near los Angeles, and there are bunches of doctors here. But I work out in a place called riverside county where there are farms coz I work with cows. There might be doctors out there that do this. I don’t know. Boy there is a lot to learn.lol!

Ok thanks I have so much to learn! But I think I know more now than I did before! Lol!

Thanks! Carlene

I don't think you would want to share the band with your brother. Ew, that could be kind of gross and very unsanitary!

Not dump, like "take a dump", but dump like throw up, it is one of those terms you will learn on your weight loss journey.

Yeah, you could take a journey to go to MX and see a doc, but you could also take a short journey and see someone in the SoCal. But the journey the awesome people on LBT are referring to is the one that you take once you have your band and start losing the weight. It is like becoming a new you! Hence a journey from fat and lazy, to fit and fabuolous!

Carlene,

I'm trying to get to know you and I have a question. You mention working (dear Lord, I hope it's just working) with cows. By chance (and I'm just guessing here) did one of your cows kick you in the head when you were young?

I want YOUR journey to be AWESOME so I'm trying to help you.

Pooooly

Carlene, I'm going to send you a private message with the pool girls full real name and phone number so you can contact her directly whenever you need to. She knows a LOT about all this stuff.