Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi:

I had a Tummy Tuck back in May 2009. I think I'm getting a dog ear on one side. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if this can be corrected in the plastic surgeon's office or not? Also, does the plastic surgeon usually charge extra for this if you already paid for the tummy tuck? How do they fix it?

Please share your experience with me if you've had a dog ear and had it corrected.

Thanks.

Sue

hi sue,

from what i understand this can be fixed in the doctor's office. i also think the doctor should do this as part of the original operation. my doctor likes to wait till 6 mos after the original operation to do any revisions.

some things i thought would be a problem actually worked themselves out recently.

hope you are well.

'

i just got back to the gym last week (altho' i was cleared to go weeks and weeks ago...) i'm so sore just starting up again

take care

josie

Josie:

Thanks for responding. I got a private message from someone who said that their surgeon covered the cost to repair the dogear and it was taken care of in the surgeon's office. Novacaine is a wonderful thing! I'll look into it further in a couple of months. It's only been 3 months, so I'm gonna give it a little bit more time. I wonder if it's because I've gained 8 pounds.

Glad to hear you're back to the gym.

A couple of weeks ago I did a 24 mile trip on my trikke. It took 4.5 miles, but I completed the ride. Have only ridden a couple of times since then because my shoulders killed for 3 days and then the weather got really hot up here. I'm looking forward to riding alot more with the cooler weather, at least until the fall leaves make it dangerous. I've been walking too.

I've been unemployed (and bored!) since the end of April. I've been looking for a new job and there aren't many out there. I've had a couple of second interviews, but haven't nailed it yet. Fingers crossed for a job soon. I've gained 8 pounds since I stopped working, and I know it's because I'm bored and around the house too much. I'm sure I can drop it fast once I'm back working. As long as I can fit in my size 12's I'm not gonna let those 8 pounds bother me.

Even with those additional 8 pounds my tummy's still flat!

Best wishes to you.

Sue

Oh Gosh,

What are dog ears from Tummy Tuck. Is that residual tissue in the back?

I have only heard of doggy ears, leftover breast tissue, from a breast reduction. I had this area taken care of when I had my breast reduction by my PS going back about 4 or 5 inches under my arm toward the back area.

I didn't know this was a concern also with tummy tucks? :frown:

Hi:

My dog ear is on the end of my stitch line which is on my right side about half way around. It doesn't lie flat like it should, it sticks out just a bit.

Sue

Hi Sue, I had a revision surgery in May to my original tummy tuck/breast augmentation done in Oct, 2008. He did a scar revision of the Tummy Tuck. (basically another tummy tuck on me) and a small dog ear was taken care of at the top of my anchor cut, right under the breasts. and some scar tissue from the nipples was taken care of. He didn't charge me anything. But I did have to pay the surgry center fee and anasthia (sp) fees. Had it been done in his office there would have been NO charge whatsoever. But because it took over 2.5 we opted for the surgery center.

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to give you an update on my dog ear. I saw plastic surgeon yesterday and she's very happy with the results so far. My scar is 99.9% flat and light pink and healing very well. She said that if I still have a slight dog ear in January she'll take care of it in the office with an easy procedure. I hope it's gone by then on its own. I didn't ask her if it would be no charge, but I assume it will be because she's fixing up her prior work that I've already paid for.

So embarassing to have pictures taken in the nude by the plastic surgeons, but it could help someone else considering this surgery and my face isn't there, so nobody would know it was me.

If you're on the fence about having a Tummy Tuck, go for it. It really makes a difference in making me feel like a normal person after all of the weight loss. It's so good to have the excess tummy skin hanging gone!

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

Wohoo thats great news Sue!!!

And I agree, my tuumy tuck was one of the best things I have ever done in my life!!! I can't tell you what a difference it makes in my life, and my self esteem NOT to have that jabba belly flapping around. :-)