Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kathy's Slow Loser NSV List

Thanks girls...I'm kind of amazed, too. I'm not done losing, but joining Curves in March really helped. And I'm no exercise freak either. I almost always make it twice a week, but I shoot for 3, and sometimes I just go in and do it, not really pushing. So lame exercise is better than nothing.

Now, I need some editing help (yes, this is a plea!!) and can someone wax my eyebrows for me while you're at it?! LOL

For years now, our church has had VBS every year, and the Staff people walk around in white t-shirts with big red "STAFF" written across the back. The only shirt I have ever had was a 2X. I wash it and hang it in my closet till next year. This year, I'm turning it in. I need an Large. It's time to let go of the billowy blouse of a t-shirt that isn't tight AT ALL, and it's time to wear a shirt that fits. My friends from church are proud of me and it feels soooo good!

HU-ray! I have no idea what a VBS is, but HU-ray for both needing a smaller shirt, and recognizing that you need a smaller one!

HU-ray! I have no idea what a VBS is, but HU-ray for both needing a smaller shirt, and recognizing that you need a smaller one!

YES! That's like 2 NSV's! Needing the smaller shirt, AND recognizing and being willing to get it!

VBS is Vacation Bible School-you know what that is!-lots of churches do them in the summer for the kids, it's an all week-evening thing with dinner, skits, singing, crafts...fun fun fun!

hmmmm...is VBS a "Southern Thang"? I never thought about it, maybe it is?

I think your weight loss is great. I am a member of the the Slow Losers Club(TURTLES). But, the weight is coming off. As for keeping track of you weight loss and food, actities etc., you might want to check out www.fitday.com . It let's you keep track of everything and anything for free. They even have fancy graphes that chart everything. You do not need to buy the product they are selling. I don't see how it could be anymore helpful! Turtle's unite!

Okay, went to the OB/Gyn today for my annual check-up (yuck...Pap) and the doc is so pleased with my weight loss! He was leery when I went in last year at 211 pounds, just a few months into my banding. He's glad my band life is going well and happy about my wieght loss progress. He also suggested another 20 pounds loss and that's it! Huh?

So, this morning at home I weighed 181. Later at the doc's I weighed 185. A 20 pound loss puts me at a 165 goal weight, according to him. I need to check my BMI at that weight. I know it still has me in the "overweight" category. I was 168 when I got married 9 years ago, so I know I can do a 165 goal weight pretty comfortably. I may make some adjustments to my numbers...???

We also discussed Tummy Tucks. He gave me a card for a Plastic Surgeon he likes and we discussed my port. I really don't want to have it moved. I'll have to see the PS to discuss port placement. But I won't be seeing the PS my doc recommended. He's clear on the other side of town with no band/port experience that I'm aware of. Anyhow, it's always a boost to have a great appointment with your doctor. OH! And my blood pressure today was 120/82, and the nurse took it right after I sat up from having my feet in the stirrups...hello! LOL

OMGosh! I'm a healthy 41 year old woman! I'm turning into a regular patient, not an obese one with pending health problems! Hooray!

AND I feel as though I have "permission" to raise my goal weight, which I felt like 140-145 was shooting for the moon anyway. If 165 is reasonable and healthy, I can do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Carol! :wave: Thanks for checking in! I love FitDay, but I find I do better with my Richard Simmons food Mover...a little more user friendly for me, but I will occasionally check my daily intake on FitDay just to be sure I'm eyeballing well. FitDay rocks!

I find it amazing...man, I was really fat. Just when I think I'm still fat...I compare. This was taken when I was pregnant with my daughter in 1999. Who knows what I weighed?!

My kids had to stare at it, they weren't sure who it was. And I think it's going to post huge. Anyone...feel free to resize and repost, maybe I can C&V it? help!!!!!

preggerswithRachel.BMP

Just when I think I'm still fat...I compare

How funny - but I completely understand!

Looks like someone pulled out your air tube - and you deflated. :biggrin1:

My NSV is that I'm back at the gym for the first time in a year. I did an aerobics class yesterday and plan on going back again today. It feels good to move my butt, but I am a little sore. The scale seems to like the movement so we'll see how I do weighing in on the 17th when I get my first fill.

Holy Cow it's huge! Sorry gang.

Here's another taken in October 2004, 6 months before banding. I was about 220+. Aren't the kiddos cayoooot?!

post-204312-1381313372156_thumb.jpg

just for reference...with 2 of Bondgirl's girls (cute!)

Hey julie! :wave: good job on exercise! I really need to do better in that area. :confused:

post-204312-13813133722122_thumb.png