Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hey Everybody- Life going on as usual

My school open house was tonight too.

DS still punished, will be for life. Alarm company coming next Wed. to fix alarm. We will lock him in without the code. A friend at work's husband offered to take DD to a diversion class. She said he had to take it cause he got a DUI and it scared the shit out of him.

I put him in guitar lessons, and I'm making him join a sport, and a club. I need to get GPS on his phone, and I may even put a spying program on the computer, haven't decided yet.

Phyl- You're doing great!

Janet- your story is the reason I'm afraid to let someone live in my Mom's house. Once they're in, you need a lawyer to get them out. Plus they can trash it to get back at you for making them get out.

Candice- The dress is beautiful. Your floor looks just like the floor DH is putting in upstairs right now. He is about 1/2 way done. It really spiffied up this joint.

The grandpaw with the fish was OMG, was that real?

Hi Denise; yes, the hardwood floors are really nice. AND so easy to keep clean. Until I had hard floors I never thought about how much GUNK is down in between those carpet fibres... YUK

:lol:

Allergens, pollen, pet dander + dirt and dead skin cells... well no more... not with hardwood... you just get yourself a SWIFFER and whee.... housework is don! I am all about lazy housekeeping!!! LOL

The fishing Grandpa? Uh, I don't know, but could he possibly be THAT excited about a Fish???? Poor wifey!

:)

Question; Which dress length do you all prefer? The LONG version or the shorter skrunchled version...

Also, what about Jewellry??

Thanks for the INPUT, I value it!!

Good morning,

I didn't want you to think that I had fallen off the face of the planet again. Just been busy trying to recover from my "incident" at the 3Day. It really was an amazing experience I was so excited to meet Steph.

However, it did a really number on my body. I have been to the doctor numerous times trying to get my electrolytes back in balance. I've had 3 IV's this week but I'm finally feeling back to normal today. It turns out my ankle wasn't tendonitis at all, but rather just cramping due to dehydration (and I did drink..ask Steph). In fact, all of my problems, including my swelling feet that made my toenails jam into my shoes and cause incredible pain, were all due to my lack of hydration!

But the ankle is fine, it no longer feels like hamsters are chewing through my hamstring, and my head finally feels like it isn't going to roll off my shoulders!

We won't talk about the scale situation right now, because everything is so out of whack that, well, they are numbers I haven't seen in a LONG time.

Well I gotta get to work this morning. No gym for me for 3-4 days. Went to the trainer yesterday but my hamstring was still in such bad shape that all we did was stretch. For the first time since Friday I can walk without serious pain. So it was well worth it. Then I went to the doctor for my last round of IVs (just a precautionary measure) and she said that she wants me to just take it easy for the next couple of days and do no load bearing exercise. I can swim if I want, but our local pool is closed until Sept 28...so that is out!

I will try to check in later and see what you are all up to. Just wanted to say hi this morning.

Karri, glad you are getting your hydration under control... that must have been kindof scary?

Candice...ABSOLUTELY THE MOST GORGEOUS DRESS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!

Phyl, my only request is that we schedule a quilt shop!

I had a good Open House..some of my last years students stopped by to give me a hug and say how good I looked. Today I actually felt pretty.

Also one of my last year's parents had heard that I got a band...someone talked, great..I really didn't want to go into. I've told 2 people at school. Anyway, I guess she just got her band and had her first fill this week. She it really frustrated because she has only lost a total of 13 pounds. We talked about getting on lbt, but it seems her biggest issue is drinking while she eats. I guess that's the difference between self pay and insurance pay (hey don't yell, I'm only speaking for myself). Since I am paying for ig myself, I'll be damned if I am going to drink while I eat. I have a monthly reminded.

Yes Dear I am going to yell :wub:- I had insurance but between my program fee and out of pocket cost I most likely paid as much as you did for for your surgery in mexico - The lady needs to get over herself and follow the rules !!!!

Hey Everybody- Life going on as usual

My school open house was tonight too.

DS still punished, will be for life. Alarm company coming next Wed. to fix alarm. We will lock him in without the code. A friend at work's husband offered to take DD to a diversion class. She said he had to take it cause he got a DUI and it scared the shit out of him.

I put him in guitar lessons, and I'm making him join a sport, and a club. I need to get GPS on his phone, and I may even put a spying program on the computer, haven't decided yet.

Phyl- You're doing great!

Janet- your story is the reason I'm afraid to let someone live in my Mom's house. Once they're in, you need a lawyer to get them out. Plus they can trash it to get back at you for making them get out.

Candice- The dress is beautiful. Your floor looks just like the floor DH is putting in upstairs right now. He is about 1/2 way done. It really spiffied up this joint.

The grandpaw with the fish was OMG, was that real?

Denise - Yep that's what I am afraid of - This thought had crossed my mind when I relented and said ok - I was trying to be nice - I know that side of the family and the way they think - So this doesn't come as a total shock.

Sounds like things with DS may be improving somewhat - I really think some scared straight kinda shit would be good for him..

Kids think they are so tough- went in reality they are sissyfied compared to the real tough guys..

Weigh=in this morning..... Another one bites the dust!!!

172.4 lbs

:)

WTG CANDICE

:lol::thumbup::drool::thumbup::blush:

Denise, you are doing the right things with DS...your way or the highway, Good Job!! Do the spy program, it is one more thing that he can 'earn' back while he regains your trust.

Candice, whoop, whoop.!!!!!! You are getting there!!

Well best get going, I've sat here for an hour. I have decided to try the Bcomplex/amino acid shots for a couple of months. I've only lost 3 pounds in the last month and the stress is really starting to kick in. I know my abdominal bloat is related, but I'm tired of walking around like the hunchback of Norterdom. Imagine ice pick under the right shoulder blade. Stress or my gall bladder is acting up. Oh hell no!!

Karla - it could be the gallbladder - That's where my pain was to begin with - shoulder - then felt like broken ribs - maybe you should get it ck'd out

Yeah Jackie :w00t: , So glad you are back with us.... don't worry we'll keep you on the straight and narrow...

Congrats on you DD getting the surgery too.. She will have her whole life as a REGULAR sized person... how cool is that!!!

If I could turn back the clock and be slim all my life... wow, its mind boggling to think how much better my self esteem would have been, not to mention my KNEES, BACK and Arteries...

SHe is giving herself the best present ever!!

Ya wouldn't it have been cool to spend more of our lives thin than fat - I was thin from high school til 23 - then the weight came on - OMG If I knew then what I know now - with a thin body - watch out... But you know what - we have learned alot from our obesity - it's apart of what has made us who we are today - and if we didn't have it in common - we would have never met ...

Well Gang - Angel woke me up 4:10 a.m. to go potty - I get up at 5 - at that time why go back to sleep - so guess what I did - I said Janet - you had planed on going to the gym after work today - so since you are up early - what don't you take your butt to the gym this morning instead of sitting around and reading - watching tv - or getting on the computer.. So that's what I did - Hit the gym at 5 A.M. - did 3 miles in 48 minutes incline 4-5 speed 4 to 4.2 - burned 384 calories... WTG JANET !!!

Question; Which dress length do you all prefer? The LONG version or the shorter skrunchled version...

Also, what about Jewellry??

Thanks for the INPUT, I value it!!

I liked Linda's suggestion - long for the wedding short for the reception - IMHO - I think something more bolder for the necklace & earrings- Something big and chunky but classy.. Your green eyeshadow ...

Good morning,

I didn't want you to think that I had fallen off the face of the planet again. Just been busy trying to recover from my "incident" at the 3Day. It really was an amazing experience I was so excited to meet Steph.

However, it did a really number on my body. I have been to the doctor numerous times trying to get my electrolytes back in balance. I've had 3 IV's this week but I'm finally feeling back to normal today. It turns out my ankle wasn't tendonitis at all, but rather just cramping due to dehydration (and I did drink..ask Steph). In fact, all of my problems, including my swelling feet that made my toenails jam into my shoes and cause incredible pain, were all due to my lack of hydration!

But the ankle is fine, it no longer feels like hamsters are chewing through my hamstring, and my head finally feels like it isn't going to roll off my shoulders!

We won't talk about the scale situation right now, because everything is so out of whack that, well, they are numbers I haven't seen in a LONG time.

Well I gotta get to work this morning. No gym for me for 3-4 days. Went to the trainer yesterday but my hamstring was still in such bad shape that all we did was stretch. For the first time since Friday I can walk without serious pain. So it was well worth it. Then I went to the doctor for my last round of IVs (just a precautionary measure) and she said that she wants me to just take it easy for the next couple of days and do no load bearing exercise. I can swim if I want, but our local pool is closed until Sept 28...so that is out!

I will try to check in later and see what you are all up to. Just wanted to say hi this morning.

Ok I was just getting ready to email you... Don't worry about the weight right now - it's about getting back your health and healing - so just do as the doc/trainer says...

Hi ladies. I'm here. I'll check in later today. I'm tired. I did finally catch up on all your posts. 10 pages??? You guys are quick!

Candice, long wedding, short reception. Black shoes would be much classier IMHO. Jewelry is another changable. Remember, you don't want to outshine the bride...and that dress definitely makes you SHINE!!!

Denise, hugs on the son issue. trust me I'm all over the place like you are. hard to stay focussed and positive.

Karla, I have a ton to talk to you about....later...I need a nap first.

Janet, kick his sorry @$$ out. To hell with trying to manipulate you. Don't let him.

Phyl, I missed seeing you. I really wish I could have stayed another couple of days so that we could have met. Really bummed my phone died when it did. The minute I tried to text you when I would be at the cheering station, it croaked!....so frustrating.

Okay. I'm alive. Tired, a little sore, and not eating all that well. Will explain that ... though not excuse it ... later.

Love you all ladies. Have a great day!

Hey Phyl... well how far did you get your knee bent today??? You must be breaking all the records for recovery!!! Way to go!!

Peter is on the web shopping around for RV camper Clubs to belong to... now 2 that we have run across and are interested in are 1: CampClubUSA

2: PassportAmerica

WHich of these do you ane Earl partake of? And do you have any recommendations? When you join these clubs you are promised 50% discount on all the over night rates... sounds good... but is it in effect true??

What have been your experiences?

Thanks for any input...:thumbup:

I liked Linda's suggestion - long for the wedding short for the reception - IMHO - I think something more bolder for the necklace & earrings- Something big and chunky but classy.. Your green eyeshadow ...

Oh thanks, I was thinking of something CHUNKIER too... but then I have a nice strand of white pearls too... they are in at the Jewelers getting re-stung... ya the eyeshadow... thanks for reminding me about THAT!

Ok I was just getting ready to email you... Don't worry about the weight right now - it's about getting back your health and healing - so just do as the doc/trainer says...

Karri Love; I agree with Janet, you need to get your strength back from the dehydration episode...how did that happen anyways??? You'll get the weight off in no time... you are so focusedQ!!:smile2:

Stephanie and Denise: Hugs :eek: girls you are still going through it with those boys... I hope things settle out for you soon... too much stress:angry:

Karla: This is Thursday, is the phone call from the guy tonight??? Do tell :thumbup: Us nosey ol' broads all wanna know the details :eek:

So here is pic #1 Top and skirt, full length , with pewter triple strand of pearls... big Bracelet, black stockings, black open toe shoes...

#2 I think I add the cashmina shawl

#4 is the ALTERNATE length for the skirt... its kinda funky... there are buttons inside the side seams of the skirt so you can "hike" it up for affect...

what do you think????

:thumbup:

Love the MOTB dress. I like #1 and #4 is just adorable. I don't know which one I like best. But I love it.

I definitely say long for the wedding and then decide how you feel once the reception starts. I like the long version the best. Jewelry..I'm not the person to ask. I don't wear a lot of jewelry.

Yes the phone call is tonight...he owns a raingutter business and seems to be my type. I feel really wierd about it all. Almost like, hey, he sounds like a nice guy, but he doesn't get me tingly. That sounds lame and shallow since I haven't met him. Maybe, I am looking for someone TOTALLY different. Someone who would either be the 'bad boy' or the one who would sweep me off my feet and pamper me. Okay, have fun analyzing that. He just seems so 'normal' and there isn't ANYTHING wrong with normal. Maybe I just want to swing on the chandaleir for a while? Sushi guy emailed today and wants to meet for sushi and work out together.

Anyway, I am going to the fill doc next week. He says he has some ideas about where to head from here. Don't know if I will get a fill, probably need one. We will see. I didn't work out tonight, the abdominal bloat is killing me, plus I have to hike straight up for 5 miles and straight down for 5 miles with 82 6th graders and 30 parents. NOT MY IDEA OF FUN. I'm packing an Protein Bar for lunch. We are sitting in the high 80's low 90's. There will be no bathrooms and I will have to pack all my Water. Now I'm starting to get irritated, I DON'T WANT TO GO!

Karri, glad you are on the mend.

Steph, fill us in on Michael and everything else.

Janet, thanks for not hitting me.

Candice go with the long.

I'll update you after the call, should I take notes?

I definitely say long for the wedding and then decide how you feel once the reception starts. I like the long version the best. Jewelry..I'm not the person to ask. I don't wear a lot of jewelry.

Yes the phone call is tonight...he owns a raingutter business and seems to be my type. I feel really wierd about it all. Almost like, hey, he sounds like a nice guy, but he doesn't get me tingly. That sounds lame and shallow since I haven't met him. Maybe, I am looking for someone TOTALLY different. Someone who would either be the 'bad boy' or the one who would sweep me off my feet and pamper me. Okay, have fun analyzing that. He just seems so 'normal' and there isn't ANYTHING wrong with normal. Maybe I just want to swing on the chandaleir for a while? Sushi guy emailed today and wants to meet for sushi and work out together.

Anyway, I am going to the fill doc next week. He says he has some ideas about where to head from here. Don't know if I will get a fill, probably need one. We will see. I didn't work out tonight, the abdominal bloat is killing me, plus I have to hike straight up for 5 miles and straight down for 5 miles with 82 6th graders and 30 parents. NOT MY IDEA OF FUN. I'm packing an Protein bar for lunch. We are sitting in the high 80's low 90's. There will be no bathrooms and I will have to pack all my Water. Now I'm starting to get irritated, I DON'T WANT TO GO!

OMG you are going to do it!! I am SO proud of you.. I know this is NOTyour comfort zone... be brave... take a deep breath and remember the LAWS OF ATTRACTION.. be upbeat, don't say anything negative about yourself.. remember YOU ARE A FABULOUS LADY with much to offer!!! o.k.???

ya know raingutter type does sound like a FIT, you are to handy yourself, perlhaps you could go into business together and you could quit your teaching job, you;ll make TONS of money in this new business... plus there will be the added bonus of SEX>>>

O.k. now stop with the fantasies!!! :smile2: take it slow, find out if he likes DOGS... (very important) find out if he is generous (not a tight wad- they are dull) and most important

HAVE SOME FUN!!! :thumbup:

Hi ladies. I'm here. I'll check in later today. I'm tired. I did finally catch up on all your posts. 10 pages??? You guys are quick!

Candice, long wedding, short reception. Black shoes would be much classier IMHO. Jewelry is another changable. Remember, you don't want to outshine the bride...and that dress definitely makes you SHINE!!!

Denise, hugs on the son issue. trust me I'm all over the place like you are. hard to stay focussed and positive.

Karla, I have a ton to talk to you about....later...I need a nap first.

Janet, kick his sorry @$$ out. To hell with trying to manipulate you. Don't let him.

Phyl, I missed seeing you. I really wish I could have stayed another couple of days so that we could have met. Really bummed my phone died when it did. The minute I tried to text you when I would be at the cheering station, it croaked!....so frustrating.

Okay. I'm alive. Tired, a little sore, and not eating all that well. Will explain that ... though not excuse it ... later.

Love you all ladies. Have a great day!

Ya I am leaving that up to the attonery - I am sick of being the bad guy - I just want this all done and over with..

How is Michael - how did he do w/Jeff while you were gone..

Hope things are getting a little easier..

Hugs J

/QUOTE]

Anyway, I am going to the fill doc next week. He says he has some ideas about where to head from here. Don't know if I will get a fill, probably need one. We will see. I didn't work out tonight, the abdominal bloat is killing me, plus I have to hike straight up for 5 miles and straight down for 5 miles with 82 6th graders and 30 parents. NOT MY IDEA OF FUN. I'm packing an Protein bar for lunch. We are sitting in the high 80's low 90's. There will be no bathrooms and I will have to pack all my Water. Now I'm starting to get irritated, I DON'T WANT TO GO!

Yes dear take notes - read the book women who love too much - it's all about what you are talking about - normal is boring - well do you really want the bad boy - I don't think so - if you want one - then go to some other town - go to a dive - get drunk and get laid - you don't want to live or marry a bad boy...

OMG you are going to do it!! I am SO proud of you.. I know this is NOTyour comfort zone... be brave... take a deep breath and remember the LAWS OF ATTRACTION.. be upbeat, don't say anything negative about yourself.. remember YOU ARE A FABULOUS LADY with much to offer!!! o.k.???

ya know raingutter type does sound like a FIT, you are to handy yourself, perlhaps you could go into business together and you could quit your teaching job, you;ll make TONS of money in this new business... plus there will be the added bonus of SEX>>>

O.k. now stop with the fantasies!!! :smile2: take it slow, find out if he likes DOGS... (very important) find out if he is generous (not a tight wad- they are dull) and most important

HAVE SOME FUN!!! :thumbup:

The white pearls would be pretty too - you just need something that stands out more - the black pearls matched too much... You need the contrast !!!

Nah, I don't want a bad boy, and I don't plan on getting married. So what am I looking for? Hell I don't know? Of course now that I wasn't so sure, the guy doesn't call. Actually I missed a phone call, so it might have been him. I guess I'm tired of having to take care of everyone else, I'd like to be taken care of once in a while.

This is worth posting here...

Here are some snippets from recent posts on the Too Much On Her Plate blog.

Click the links to read more! There will be a place to share your comments, thoughts and ideas at the end of each post.

1. Podcast: Why Smart Women Struggle with Weight Loss

Last week, my friend Scott Tousignant invited me to record a podcast for his blog. The topic was Why Smart Women Struggle with Weight Loss. We covered a lot of important material, including emotional eating, tips for helping busy women trying to manage their weight while juggling everyone else’s needs, and the mindsets that can sabotage weight loss attempts. If you have 20 minutes, I strongly recommend you take a listen.

2. What Could You Do in 100 Days?

I received an email this morning alerting me to the fact that there are exactly 100 days left until the end of the year. What a great time to assess where we are with our health, our personal and professional goals, and to ask how we want to spend the final 100 days of 2009. Are there changes you would like to see with your eating, your weight, or your fitness? Would you like to readjust your life balance? How would you like to spend the next 100 days of your life? For many, the holidays—and all that comes with them—will be here before we know it. (Stay tuned, you’ll be hearing more from me about this.) What would you like to do differently this holiday season?

3. The Great Plate Experiment: Week 1

Week one of the plate downsizing experiment is officially over. We’ve moved the old tired chipped dishes out of our kitchen and are now eating off pristine, white 10-inch plates (9.75-inches actually), just like Brian Wansink recommends. As you may recall, the author of Mindless Eating and his team have done research on plate size and food intake and found that simply reducing your plate size from 12-inches to 10-inches could result in an 18 pound weight loss for the average American. I promised I’d report back in and I’m here to tell you that the results so far are promising.

4. Do You Have Time to Stop Overeating?

Do you have the time to stop overeating? To take control of emotional eating? To get on track with your healthy lifestyle goals? Lately I’ve been encountering many women who tell me they don’t. I’ve been hearing from women who are incredibly frustrated with their eating habits, their weight gain, their lack of progress on important health goals. I’ve talked to women who fear their family history of diabetes or heart disease. I’ve talked to women who’ve even had weight loss surgery and are terrified because they are seeing the weight they’ve lost start to creep back. I’ve also talked with too many women who have put some aspect of their life “on hold” until they can start losing weight. Their struggles with food and emotional eating or overeating are something they think about every day.

5. Free Teleseminar: One Minute Plan for Dealing With Challenges

How many times have you set a goal or started down a path towards change only to fall off track because life got too hectic, you got busy, and your plan fell off the radar?How often do you feel so busy that you aren’t even sure HOW

to slow down? Do you sometimes feel you don’t even have time to think let alone create a plan for success?

Slowing down is hard. Stopping and listening to yourself is hard. Being mindful of where you want to go is hard.

What if I told you that there is a one minute plan that could start to make these things easier?

I’m thrilled to be interviewing Stacey mayo, The Dream Queen, and the creator of The One Minute Meditation™. on Thursday, September 17 (that's tomorrow!)

Our Topic: The One Minute Plan for Dealing with Overwhelm, Stress and other Life and Business Challenges

6. Business Travel and Healthy Eating

October will be a travel-rich month for me and I’ve been busy this morning firming up some travel plans. Booking an airline ticket is high on my list of “not fun” activities, as is the actual airline travel. Travel days seem to get longer and longer–and then there’s the food. Maybe it’s boredom, the stress of flying, or just being out of my routine, but I get hungry the minute I get on a plane. Without pre-planning, I’m likely to be stuck with unsatisfying junk food (or nothing at all). Does traveling tend to knock your healthy eating plans for a loop?

7. How to Make Time for Fitness

“How do I create a fitness program that will last—when I’m time crunched, stressed, and overwhelmed?”

This is a question I’m asked all the time: “How can I fit it all in? I know I should exercise regularly but I just don’t have the time/motivation/resources/energy to do it.”

Consistent exercise is a big challenge for many women. Whether you are a busy professional, a solopreneur working from home, or you are home juggling the needs of small children, consistent exercise can be a difficult habit to start AND a challenge to maintain. 8. Is Night Eating Sabotaging Your Weight Loss?

The after-dinner hours are a prime time for overeating, emotional eating, boredom eating, and eating out of tiredness. Not only do the calories add up, preliminary research may support the theory that our bodies actually put on more weight from calories eaten at night.

9. Personal Health Care Reform

It’s mid- September. If you’ve been telling yourself all summer that you’re “waiting ‘til September” to take better care of yourself . . . you’ve just run out of excuses.

10. Tooting Our Own Horns

I see it over and over again, and okay–I live it too. We may be smart, we may be strong, we may be very good (or think we are) at doing a million things at once, but most of us aren’t very good at giving ourselves credit (dare I say, indulging ourselves in our just Desserts? ).