Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Candice, I don't have to go to the library for The Secret, I own it...I haven't finished reading it, but I will go back and do that. I am always afraid to get my hopes up.... I have the instructions for a 'Barchello", but have been too woosie to try it. I want to see pic!!

here are a few, 5 I think l... I'll add more as I complete the blocks.:tongue2:

post-220921-1381313870842_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138708683_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138708986_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138709279_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138709564_thumb.jpg

o.k. that's it for now...

LIke I said, I am playing catchup... The block of the Month would give you a quilt of 12 blocks.

Ah, but that wasn't good enough for me!!! I wanted to make a QUEEN size quilt... therefore I have to make 3 and sometimes 4 copies of the same block...in order to come up to 20 blocks in total... it cost me $158 extra for the completer fabric, but the Quilt club only cost $10 (for the 12) that's provided you show up ea month with the previous months block completed and stay for a Sales pitch 30 mins. where she shows you 'new' stuff to the store... and if you buy any of it that day you get an instant 20% off...

I get sucked in every month.... always something peeks my interest or some just YUMMY fabric..

But Karla, I LOVE that fat q. site you put me on to... I've bought a Fat Quarter Quilt Pattern book, so as soon as I get this project under control I plan on starting something els.e.

....can you say ADDICTED???? well, it beats shoving food in my mouth perpetually.!! Hee,hee,hee:tongue_smilie:

Gotta run and make supper or HUBBY willl not be too happy with me.... I've been burrowed in the quilt room all day!!!

post-220921-13813138709877_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138710203_thumb.jpg

Edited by peaches9

love those squares, Candice. I can't wait to see the finished product. I already told you that I love that fabric. I have a pattern for an instant bargello. Talk about easy. I put one together, a throw size in just a couple hours. Now, I gotta tell you about this catalog I got last week. It is called Hancock's of Paducah. OMG.... the fabrics are fantastic and each page of fabrics have one or two quilts made up with the pattern available. Webite is WWW.Hancocks-Paducah.com

You'll have to check it out. This is my new wish book.

We had our all-Church potluck pig roast today. I am really proud of how I did food wise. I had just a small helping of pork with BBQ Sauce on it. (it was so tender, it was like chewing gum). A little of my German potato salad. I used the chicken w/asiago and spinach sausage instead of bacon, onions and chicken broth and cider vinegar and hard boiled eggs. a spoon ful of cheesy potatoes and a small spoon of au gratin potatoes. I waited till the end to go up there so I didn't have a big selection to choose from. Had a bottle of Water and for dessert, well, not so hot. then I hit the track around the large twsp. park and walked it.

That's my day so far. Gonna have a little bit of chicken in a little while, also from the picnic. all grilled outside.

I hope everyone had a great sunday. The weather here was beautiful...sunny and not too hot or not too cold. Just right.

Karla - remind that when I finally get face to face with you ..to give you a swift kick in the behind. "won't go anywhere" Right. You don't know that. He might be "THE ONE". You've got to give it a chance without that defetist attitude or it will be over before it begins.

Candice, you are doing so well. keep it up. I am proud of you. You are going to be one hot mommy of the bride. Then you can get Peter to take you on a second honeymoon.

Have a good night all. talk to you tomorrow.........or I'll just lurk and check things out. Anyway, I'll be here.

Candice, I HATE YOU!! I love your blocks. Kari, I get Hancocks of Paduca, can we say....let me burn some plastic!!

Candice, I HATE YOU!! I love your blocks. Kari, I get Hancocks of Paduca, can we say....let me burn some plastic!!

Ah Karla, don't hate me!! :) You would not beleive all the swearing that went into them :wink: I am not telepathic and the Store INSTRUCTIONS for each block :thumbdown: SUCK the big one! Last month I had to call the store 3 times for more explicit directions... (maybe I have early alzheimers?)

Then this months block, I opened up the fabrics and you were supposed to get 6" X wof piece in order to cut 1-2.5" X 21" piece, 8 - 1 3/4 " X 8".... well guess what was in the pack.??? A FOUR INCH WIDE WOF cut.... no way THAT was gonna work...:mad:

Kari, it sounds like you had a fabulous day at the church picnic... the food sounds divine, and you DID do well to stay away from most of it. Good Work!!!

Pit roasted Pig, oh my Gosh that sounds so wonderful...

Here's my food for SUNDAY

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg973/127/16/70

oops, forgot, add 1 glass of red wine...109 cals.

Edited by peaches9
forgot

Candice, it does drive me nuts when the goof up the pattern or fabric. Okay, I took your advice...I have been thinking positive thoughts...and...emailing several gentleman. One is a fireman, one is a rancher, one is a laborer, and one asked me if I was passionate...humm..I think I will close that one. I really wanted to say, 'I don't know you well enough to say I was passionate." AND he wanted me to email him directly, NOT.

Morning everyone. Has anyone heard how Steph did at the 3-Day? I guess I'll check out Facebook and see if she has added anything.

It's going to be a busy week, Open House on Wednesday night, there goes 2 hours....I figure I'll just stay at school and get some work done. I'm going to teach a beginners quilt class for our adult ed program, but I haven't gotten the description completed yet. Didn't seem to get as much done this weekend as I wanted. Did replace the kitchen faucet..what's up with who ever installed it, tightening the nuts so tight that you can't loosen them to get the old faucet out??? Dyed DD#4's hair, groceries, had coffee with a friend, and heck if I know what I did on Saturday? Got my walks in and that was about it.

Well I need to go put dinner in the crockpot. Chat tonight.

Steph must have made it to the finish line cuz Phyl's got a pic posted on FB of a pretty happy looking Steph!

No time to contemplate--gotta get to work. Pot-luck today--wish me well. I'm bringing a pork sourkraut casserole that ppl seem to like.

My dad's on the way to the airport to pick up Tim (DS #2) I'll be at work when they get here :)

Good Morning Gang

Hangover yesterday :) slept and ate... Had a GREAT time at the wedding - Danced Danced Danced - alot pple not recognize me - Had a guy - hanging all over me - but even though I was a bit drunk - I could tell he was a big drunk and not my type - but again - I'm not looking for a relationship - but it was nice having someone (well more than one) guy saying I looked good..

Linda - I agree with you about the pills - today I feel crappy not physically mentally just a icky day.. That happens - I don't feel like being social - so I will stay in my little cube and do my work and hopefully not have to talk to anyone today - some day are like that.. And I find that it usually happens after a day of not getting out - I could become a hermit very easily...

I get emails from pple on lbt often..

I don't watch the news except maybe for the weather - just for the reasons you state - it's depressing (and it doesn't matter which side of the fence you are on - it's just as depressing) - life is hard enough with our day to day lives - the news just makes it worse - We can't do anything about it - so I just avoid it...

Candice - You know I love that quilt - I love the colors and the pics just don't do it justist (sp)

Phyl - You are doing so good !!!

Karri - Great on the food..

Karla - Sounds like you had a busy weekend and going to have an even busier week -

Well gang I gotta get to work - cbl

Good Morning!

I've had a busy morning. Went to TOPS and weighed in... down 3 1/2 lb, so I gained a little after my Wii weigh in last Monday.

PT guy was here after that. We did steps today, and a curb and added one new exercise. Butt slide wasn't that good.... he gave me 100 degrees flexion, but he said it was a bit of a stretch.. and closer to 99. Have to work harder on that. It HURTS!

Church and lunch yesterday was too much. I was wiped out the rest of the day and went to bed at 9pm. Very little exercise because I was too tired.

Yes, Steph and her team made it to the end. I think she's flying home this morning. She texted me that photo that I put on FB.

Phyl, great job on the 3 1/2 lbs gone! That is awesome.

Janet, you are allowed a little SLIDE, and the guy comments - how cool!

Linda, you'll do o.k. at the Pot LUCK,, you cass sounds yummy!

Steph: Congrats on your Walk for the CURE

Karla; good job on the SELF TALK, keep it up girl... You are SO WORTH the effort!!! All good is waiting for YOU!

Phyl You are doing so great !!!

Just waiting for 5 minutes so I can go to the gym- don't want to go but I know that I will feel so much better at the end of the hour - getting those endorphines going will help my mood !!!

Linda - That's a good idea for you - I know you don't like exercise - but I will tell you that I go even when I feel blah (like today - feeling very anxious for some reason don't know why) but at the end of the hour I will be feeling normal again..

Maybe it's worth a try... It can't hurt !!!

Hope everyone had a great day.

Did my exercises only once so far, except for the "butt slide", which I've done several times as it is the most critical. That's when he measures my flexion. He wants me to 120 degrees! That's hard. Barely made 100 today and he said he was stretching it a little. I have to take a walk yet, too. Did a short one earlier, and we practiced steps and a curb! Woohoo!!

Very dear friend is in ICU in OKC. In & out of the hosp for many years because of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, chronic pancreatitis, bouts of kidney failure. He goes through this cycle fairly often.. starts to feel ill, Fluid intake goes down because he doesn't feel like drinking and he ends up in hosp dehydrated. This time colonitis, as well, and having some sort of bladder surgery Wed. morning. We've been to hosp with him many, many times.... ER at midnight, etc. I've taken him in for surgery, colonoscopy, etc. He calls us his brother and sister... even though he has about 15 of his own!! I'm very much encouraged that he has his sisters there this time because every time he got sick he would not let me call anyone in the family. He's very stubborn.

Anyway, I think he's doing better tonight because he has his sister texting me. one of them was doing that Saturday night, but this time he's dictating what to say so he's more alert now. We did street ministry in gay bar district there for almost 10 years and was one reason... probably the only one... that it was very hard to move from there. Very close to a lot of guys. Girls were too tough... wouldn't let us be friendly.. they were MEAN! Guys loved us. Keep in touch with several of them.

Okay, ladies....I need some advise...one of the guys I have been 'chatting' with on my internet dating sight wants to meet. Oh hell...now what...I'm not ready to meet anyone....He is younger than I, he is only 47....oh crap...I don't know what to do. How do you say...."I'm interested, but....I'm not ready..."