Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Think I might have the flu! Headache all day, tired and achy all over and just lost my dinner. Didn't eat much... a couple of little meatballs, less than 1/4 cup mac & cheese. But it wouldn't stay down. Just feel lousy!

Yeah... annoying, isn't it!? Last year had to borrow a machine to hem some pants and will have to borrow the neighbor's again to get these pants done before they're all too big!

Love the quilt pictures... the other one, not so much! Maybe you should use it as your FB profile photo. It might stop some spam and nuisance mail!! "Wanda Witch"!! LOL

Oh Dear, tried to delete THAT picture but no go... guess its up there for posterity...

{Janet} ll this afternoon I was trying to figure out when I can get it done - 2010 Thanksgiving - I take 2 weeks off - so I would be ok by the time I went back to work :00

So are you referring to a FACE lift, or a Tummy Tuck? Thanksgiving 2010 would be a perfect time... I'll have my weight off by then and we could go Together to Costa Rica...

Yeh-haw!!!

I will tell you that only 2 weeks off for a TT is pushing it. Me...stubborn ol' me took ALMOST 3 weeks off (1 week off from work and 2 weeks for break). I would like 1 more week off...I'm worried about how much I'm going to swell. Depending on how much you drain, you could have drains in for up to 3 weeks. I'm not sure about a face lift.

I don't say that to scare anyone, just so that you are realistic. Janet if you had 2 weeks of vacation and 1 week of sick leave (if your job has that) it would be much better. I'm really nervous about going to work.

Well off to blog.

Think I might have the flu! Headache all day, tired and achy all over and just lost my dinner. Didn't eat much... a couple of little meatballs, less than 1/4 cup mac & cheese. But it wouldn't stay down. Just feel lousy!

Hugs Phyl - Hope you feel better - take some nyquil and get some sleep..

{Janet} ll this afternoon I was trying to figure out when I can get it done - 2010 Thanksgiving - I take 2 weeks off - so I would be ok by the time I went back to work :00

So are you referring to a FACE lift, or a Tummy Tuck? Thanksgiving 2010 would be a perfect time... I'll have my weight off by then and we could go Together to Costa Rica...

Yeh-haw!!!

Sweetie - I am afraid to go out of country for my PS - I know they are just as good - but I will get it done here.. Dr. Chilsom is who I would go to - I want recourse and I want a doc in my town..

I'm talking face - my tummy is livable - If I sold a ranch and made $1 mil - hell I would get the works - a whole body lift - cuz then I wouldn't have to worry about time off and I could stay in one of the PS hotels where you have a nurse 24/7 lol

and good pain meds ;0)

I will tell you that only 2 weeks off for a TT is pushing it. Me...stubborn ol' me took ALMOST 3 weeks off (1 week off from work and 2 weeks for break). I would like 1 more week off...I'm worried about how much I'm going to swell. Depending on how much you drain, you could have drains in for up to 3 weeks. I'm not sure about a face lift.

I don't say that to scare anyone, just so that you are realistic. Janet if you had 2 weeks of vacation and 1 week of sick leave (if your job has that) it would be much better. I'm really nervous about going to work.

Well off to blog.

I get 22.5 day pto period use to get 25 (20 vac 5 sick but they are combined) so I use them anyway I want.

2 weeks would be fine of face lift - would still be a little red and maybe some black & blue - but I think 2 weeks would be doable - my gf at work had hers on Tuesday back at work the following monday (way too soon) but after another week she was looking ok...

Hugs Phyl - Hope you feel better - take some nyquil and get some sleep..

Sweetie - I am afraid to go out of country for my PS - I know they are just as good - but I will get it done here.. Dr. Chilsom is who I would go to - I want recourse and I want a doc in my town..

I'm talking face - my tummy is livable - If I sold a ranch and made $1 mil - hell I would get the works - a whole body lift - cuz then I wouldn't have to worry about time off and I could stay in one of the PS hotels where you have a nurse 24/7 lol

and good pain meds ;0)

I get 22.5 day pto period use to get 25 (20 vac 5 sick but they are combined) so I use them anyway I want.

2 weeks would be fine of face lift - would still be a little red and maybe some black & blue - but I think 2 weeks would be doable - my gf at work had hers on Tuesday back at work the following monday (way too soon) but after another week she was looking ok...

So what does your Dr. Chilsom charge for a face lift? What about for a TT?

Ah Phyl, it does sound like the FLU, take care sweetie!!! If you are throwng up and diarhea it might be the H1N1 so be careful:tt1:

I would be too afraid of going out of country for my PS. Not because of the lack of care or lack of medical knowledge (because some of the best doctors in PS are out of country). But I have had a few complications (passing out during the last surgery) and I want to make sure my doc is close. I have already seen her 4 times since surgery and will have follow up appts every friday for the next month. You just can't get that when you go out of country. You are more of a jet setter than I am though. I have only been to Canada twice and I lived 6 hours from the border!! I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it...I'm just saying I was too scared too!!

I would be too afraid of going out of country for my PS. Not because of the lack of care or lack of medical knowledge (because some of the best doctors in PS are out of country). But I have had a few complications (passing out during the last surgery) and I want to make sure my doc is close. I have already seen her 4 times since surgery and will have follow up appts every friday for the next month. You just can't get that when you go out of country. You are more of a jet setter than I am though. I have only been to Canada twice and I lived 6 hours from the border!! I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it...I'm just saying I was too scared too!!

I really appreciate your candor... two weeks out of country really dosns't sound like enough time with the complications that you've had. I've still got lots of time to do some Shopping around though.

Thanks

Just lost my dang post, grrrrr

Oh, If you go to Costa Rica, I'll go as your personal nurse, they have fabulous rainforests!!!

Phyl, hope you are feeling better, Candice love the pic, oh and the picture of the quilt!

Yesterday, food was good. Finished altering the pants. Then went into town to return DD#5 to the dorms. Stopped at Goodwill, I'm looking for a big dye pot for wool. It has to be either enamel or glass. I got a steal on some wool fabric, $3.95 for 1 1/2 yards!!! I want to make some penny rugs, so have been crusing their clothing looking for good wool to recycle, basically felt and dye. So if any of you have wool skirts, pants, suit jackets, I'm your girl, I'd pay for shipping. For those who don't sew here is a pic of a simple penny rug:

49H41_sm.jpg

So instead of eating, I am tearing apart wool clothing.

Naturally today, back at work. It will be fine, I'm going to spend most of it just chatting with students. They all will be too busy socializing and then falling asleep because they have been staying up too late during break and then sleeping in. I did realize that I forgot to go to school and feed the fish, so there will be dead fish to deal with. Not one of my prouder moments.

Thank you for your email Candice. The cost for a Tummy Tuck would be

approximately $5000.00 to $8000.00. We do them here at Lakeview Surgery

Centre together with a plastic surgeon. The consult is at no cost to you

and I would be happy to book you in for this with Dr. Guirguis if you would

like. Lynne

THIS clinic is located in Barrie, On... is very close... and the price is better than I had thought!!!

Just lost my dang post, grrrrr

Oh, If you go to Costa Rica, I'll go as your personal nurse, they have fabulous rainforests!!!

Phyl, hope you are feeling better, Candice love the pic, oh and the picture of the quilt!

Yesterday, food was good. Finished altering the pants. Then went into town to return DD#5 to the dorms. Stopped at Goodwill, I'm looking for a big dye pot for wool. It has to be either enamel or glass. I got a steal on some wool fabric, $3.95 for 1 1/2 yards!!! I want to make some penny rugs, so have been crusing their clothing looking for good wool to recycle, basically felt and dye. So if any of you have wool skirts, pants, suit jackets, I'm your girl, I'd pay for shipping. For those who don't sew here is a pic of a simple penny rug:

49H41_sm.jpg

So instead of eating, I am tearing apart wool clothing.

Naturally today, back at work. It will be fine, I'm going to spend most of it just chatting with students. They all will be too busy socializing and then falling asleep because they have been staying up too late during break and then sleeping in. I did realize that I forgot to go to school and feed the fish, so there will be dead fish to deal with. Not one of my prouder moments.

Karla, that PENNY rug is beautiful.. I love it.. now how do you make it? what is the process? Do you crochett the circles? or what?

Ya, I put up the TOOTH picture just so yu could have a New Years laugh!!!!

luckily, only the 4 of you have viewed it (whewf):blushing:

O.k. its officially ONE week since I started back eating healthy ( 4 weeks of exercising) and journaling my food on SParkPeople.com... and tada, drum roll please....

I am down 5 whole lbs. 185 (Dec 28th) and 185.0 this a.m. Jan 4th....

So it can be done, it feels good to be in control of the monster again. Ah.... and it looks like I may have found a P.S. close to home!!! Yeah haw...

Quilting day again for me.. I've got so much to catch up on... and while sewing.... I can't eat...can hardly drink a whole cup of tea before it goes completely cold...

Have a nice day back at work ladies :blushing:

Oh yeah, and another 3 inches of snow over night... a couple more dumps like this one and Peter will be DYING to go south!!!!

CBL

Good Morning Gang

Phyl - Hope you are feeling better this morning...

Candice - I am not sure on Dr Chilsom prices $8 or $9 k I think - he only does faces - a specialty kind of doc which I perfer - that's all he does so he has perfected his art.

Karla - gf ya how would you be my nurse when you would be out exploring the rain forest lol :blushing: Like that rug - sorry but I don't have wool - not much need for it here in the Desert :0) - doesn't get that cold :0)

Hobbies are good - keeping hand busy is great - too bad my hobby is reading - i love to eat and read - now it's popcorn instead of candy..

Last night started Tami Hoag new book - it's good..

I made a FABOULAS dinner - sprayed pan with a little butter pam - sauted cut up scallops with some garlic till almost done - then added 2 tblespn can't beleive its not butter - add cooked shrimp and heated - added 1 oz of habenero cheese stirred till melted put it over 1/2 c rice - OMW to die for.. It was enough for 2 nights - I immediately put the other half up cuz I would have eaten it all..

Got up this morning did 30 min on my Wii - Love the skate boarding game & bicycling on the Wii Fit Plus.. I looked for a platform for the board that you use when doing the step exercise - they were selling it on QVC this weekend - but it was bundled with the whole balance board etc which I already have..

Well that's about it - nothing exciting - I am the only team member of my team here at work today - hopefully the phones will be quite..

CBL

Thank you for your email Candice. The cost for a Tummy Tuck would be

approximately $5000.00 to $8000.00. We do them here at Lakeview Surgery

Centre together with a plastic surgeon. The consult is at no cost to you

and I would be happy to book you in for this with Dr. Guirguis if you would

like. Lynne

THIS clinic is located in Barrie, On... is very close... and the price is better than I had thought!!!

O.k. its officially ONE week since I started back eating healthy ( 4 weeks of exercising) and journaling my food on SParkPeople.com... and tada, drum roll please....

I am down 5 whole lbs. 185 (Dec 28th) and 185.0 this a.m. Jan 4th....

So it can be done, it feels good to be in control of the monster again. Ah.... and it looks like I may have found a P.S. close to home!!! Yeah haw...

Quilting day again for me.. I've got so much to catch up on... and while sewing.... I can't eat...can hardly drink a whole cup of tea before it goes completely cold...

Have a nice day back at work ladies :blushing:

Oh yeah, and another 3 inches of snow over night... a couple more dumps like this one and Peter will be DYING to go south!!!!

CBL

Candice

I really would ck it out - IMHO the closer you are to home the better - that's one reason I haven't done the arms - I love the doc I saw but hell 3 hr drive when you are in pain is far away - and then the follow up appts would be a whole day off work - My Uncle is retired - he said he would drive me.. Well we will see - I think I will do face first - gotta wait and see when I am going to get $$$ from Aunt's estate - I may just do the face this coming fall.

Well if it takes more snow to get Peter to come this way - I hope you get more snow :0)

To delete the pic - go to edit - then advance and try to delete it that way - we get tons of pple looking at our thread -

Well need to get to work

CBL

Good Morning Gang

Phyl - Hope you are feeling better this morning...

Candice - I am not sure on Dr Chilsom prices $8 or $9 k I think - he only does faces - a specialty kind of doc which I perfer - that's all he does so he has perfected his art.

Karla - gf ya how would you be my nurse when you would be out exploring the rain forest lol :blushing: Like that rug - sorry but I don't have wool - not much need for it here in the Desert :0) - doesn't get that cold :0)

Hobbies are good - keeping hand busy is great - too bad my hobby is reading - i love to eat and read - now it's popcorn instead of candy..

Last night started Tami Hoag new book - it's good..

I made a FABOULAS dinner - sprayed pan with a little butter pam - sauted cut up scallops with some garlic till almost done - then added 2 tblespn can't beleive its not butter - add cooked shrimp and heated - added 1 oz of habenero cheese stirred till melted put it over 1/2 c rice - OMW to die for.. It was enough for 2 nights - I immediately put the other half up cuz I would have eaten it all..

Got up this morning did 30 min on my Wii - Love the skate boarding game & bicycling on the Wii Fit Plus.. I looked for a platform for the board that you use when doing the step exercise - they were selling it on QVC this weekend - but it was bundled with the whole balance board etc which I already have..

Well that's about it - nothing exciting - I am the only team member of my team here at work today - hopefully the phones will be quite..

CBL

Hey there, that scallops and shrimp does sound good! I made one of those recipes that you provided the link for.... Healthified chicken Broccoli Parmesan Pasta... it was very good, I'd make it again... DH loved it!

I sitting here eating my breaky, Baked Beans leftover from a couple of days ago...they are easy and Cereal and oatmeal just gets stuck on my lately.... so its good protien.

Ya know, Ive noticed that since banding I daon't have as much "gas" as I used to.??? Is that because we just don't have the volume of food for our tummies to deal with???

Now theres a "N.S.V." for today LOL:tongue: