Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

food not good today...depression eating I guess. DD#4 didn't come home from seeing the boyfriend. Not having met him I worry. Went into town and had coffee with another teacher to get some ideas about how to teach 6th graders. Forgot my phone at home and needed to check to see if DD#5 wanted to come home form the dorms. Because I couldn't remember her number I called DD#4 to get it, she didn't answer. So got home at about 1 pm, evidently DD#5 had been calling since I left to get a ride home, so had to go back into town to pick her up. I just kind of fell into a hole and tried to eat my way out. So I can't even imagine the calories.

So all of you need to give me a slap. I need to get back on track. I am weak...and heading back into fat...I know it is left over sugar cravings, but I can't break the carb cycle... I'm fine until evening, well today, I wasn't fine at anytime.

food not good today...depression eating I guess. DD#4 didn't come home from seeing the boyfriend. Not having met him I worry. Went into town and had coffee with another teacher to get some ideas about how to teach 6th graders. Forgot my phone at home and needed to check to see if DD#5 wanted to come home form the dorms. Because I couldn't remember her number I called DD#4 to get it, she didn't answer. So got home at about 1 pm, evidently DD#5 had been calling since I left to get a ride home, so had to go back into town to pick her up. I just kind of fell into a hole and tried to eat my way out. So I can't even imagine the calories.

So all of you need to give me a slap. I need to get back on track. I am weak...and heading back into fat...I know it is left over sugar cravings, but I can't break the carb cycle... I'm fine until evening, well today, I wasn't fine at anytime.

You can break the carb cycle...you have in the past and now is no different. So you had a pity party yesterday...don't keep it going today. Today is a new day. Look at my signature, copy the healthy eating challenge portion, and start making yourself proud!

Oh and I wanted to mention something about the gym. I LOVE the gym but there are times when it gets boring for me too. I got to a VERY small gym and there aren't a lot of machines or things to do. But what I do sometimes is only spend 10 minutes on any given machine. I run 10 minutes, eliptical 10, bike 10, stair climb 10. You could even break it down further and do each for 5 and repeat. As for the parent working there...when I first started at my gym weighing just under 200 pounds BOTH of my principals went there AND we went at the same time. The used the elipticals that are immediately behind the treadmills. I was just starting to run and as WAY out of shape. I am sure I looked like a bowl fully of jelly huffing and puffing 0.1 miles before dying and having to walk. The entire time I was pretty self concsious. However, I finally said I didn't give a damn and if apparently they didn't care because they kept coming. Pretty soon I was running 3 miles and didn't give a rats a$$ what they thought about me. The parent that works there should be happy that you are doing something to ensure your health and can educate their kid in the same manner.

So I added my healthy eating challenge to my signature. I did really well yesterday and feel like I am on my way again this morning.

For me I am defining a successful day as:

1. between 1500-1700 calories,

2. The foods eaten to stay in that range are healthy, healing/running enhancing foods.

So for me it isn't just about the calories....I have to make sure that the foods are quality too. Well I need to write my student teacher's letter of rec and do her evaluations so I had best get moving! At least this student teacher was phenomenal!

Impressive! I looked at your blog and subscribed to updates.

You are a "go-getter"!!

Glad your recovery is going well enough to resume your exercising! I am wanting PS very badly! Not at goal, though!

You know our girl - I am so glad she is back - she is such a great motivator !!!

Haven't you heard from the Navy doc's???

You need to enter this photo in a contest! It's really a GREAT picture!!

I think I'm tired of welcoming inthe New Year now!

Another party at the neighbors' this afternoon.

More wine, more meatballs, etc.!

Well it's over now - back to normal - you gotta get back on the band wagon with the rest of us ...

I'm glad we didn't have any celebrations! I managed to skip out on our office Holiday party. They had it the Friday before I had surgery and Lee and I made plans to go to WA so I didn't have to go. I REALLY don't like going to parties because I have this overwhelming urge to eat. Since I don't drink and everyone else does I want to fit in and be doing something...so I eat.

Ok gang - she's lying :):w00t: She was getting hooked on Sangria for a minute there a while back on FB she was talking about it - :blink::lol:

I do good when around other pple on food - it's when I am home that I am bad - it's the closet eater in me :)

Food not good today...depression eating I guess. DD#4 didn't come home from seeing the boyfriend. Not having met him I worry. Went into town and had coffee with another teacher to get some ideas about how to teach 6th graders. Forgot my phone at home and needed to check to see if DD#5 wanted to come home form the dorms. Because I couldn't remember her number I called DD#4 to get it, she didn't answer. So got home at about 1 pm, evidently DD#5 had been calling since I left to get a ride home, so had to go back into town to pick her up. I just kind of fell into a hole and tried to eat my way out. So I can't even imagine the calories.

Karla

I am going to kick your freaking butt.. I think you need your meds ck'd - You are keeping yourself in a funk - no life's not perfect and it never will be - so get a grip.. Quit dwelling on the bad things and focus on the good.

You have lost weight - not too far from goal - You had your girls home for Xmas - You are heathly (not counting your prolaspe) - have a roof over your head and a job and food in the fridge.

I sent you that 2010 motto thing - I thought it would fit you to a t - did you read it..

Today is a new day - get the junk out of the house - go for a walk - I am glad you got w/a friend yesterday - that's good - You need to get out and be around other pple - or go to a homeless shelter and help feed them

As to going to the gym - that was an excuse - no more excuses - go for you - those pple there can't hurt you - the only way they can hurt you is by stopping you from going - which in turn stops you from getting healthy..

I was thinking about you last night and figured you were in a funk cuz you weren't posting.. I wish I could help but I can't till you want to help yourself.. Now pull up those freaking boot straps and move forward. Make a plan and stick to it..

Ok off the soap box..

Yesterday food = popcorn - blackeyed peas - collard greens - sf yogurt - cherries = 1200 calories for the day

Exercise never did my Wii I napped instead

I napped on the couch till about 11 got up and went to bed - and was up at 5:54 (dogs)

Going to get dressed - hit the gym and the go to the movies w/Debbie to see "It's Complicated" I will do anything to get out of the house so I don't have to deal w/taking Xmas stuff down :(

Candice I agree w/Phyl you need to enter that pic some where it's great...

:tt2:I was NOT getting hooked on Sangria! I did get drunk twice...which means that I have been drunk exactly TWICE in my entire life!!!! And I have NO desire to do that again any time soon!!!

:tt2:I was NOT getting hooked on Sangria! I did get drunk twice...which means that I have been drunk exactly TWICE in my entire life!!!! And I have NO desire to do that again any time soon!!!

ROTFLMAO :):lol::blink::lol::(:lol::glare:

Yep those hang overs are a good deterrent to drinking - Well it wasn't when I was younger - but now a days - nope - as we all know I over indulge every few months :)

WTG on you healthy eating - and that's what it's totally about - healthy satisfying eating - that's what I am doing..

Karla - I went to the store yesterday got some fruit and sf angel cake thingies 100 cal each - and some sf yogurt - that's me new sweets at nite along w/my SF fudgesicles.

Last night all I ended up eating was the sf yogurt - oh ya I forgot to post I ate a banana too :0) still good calories and healthy eating yesterday..

Well need to jump in the shower - clean up the kitchen and call deb to see what time she wants to go to the show..

CBL

Janet & Karri, yep they are excuses...finally checked the video drawer and my workout tape IS there, so today is the day!!!! Healthy food and workout, NO EXCUSES!!! I'm sure part of it is worrying about DD#4, but she is a big girl so I need to let it go. Also break is almost over, but that is something that I MUST let go. I no longer will dread each day, each day is a gift.

So here is my signature......

Health Eating 0/31

Exercise 0/31

Sweet!!

GREAT picture!!

Put a picture of Costa Rica on the front of your refrigerator!

GOOD idea Phyl, but I havn't told Peter my plans yet.... gonna get the weight off first... then tell him... no sense arguing in advance I say!!

Janet & Karri, yep they are excuses...finally checked the video drawer and my workout tape IS there, so today is the day!!!! Healthy food and workout, NO EXCUSES!!! I'm sure part of it is worrying about DD#4, but she is a big girl so I need to let it go. Also break is almost over, but that is something that I MUST let go. I no longer will dread each day, each day is a gift.

So here is my signature......

Health Eating 0/31

Exercise 0/31

WTG KARLA !!! I was thinking I was going to have to come and kick your butt !!!! Remember I have your phone # :smile2:

GF the exercise will make you feel better - I promise that - remember when I told you that when you felt like you gained that you most likely didn't - well - that what I am telling you about the exercise -

Remember when I had my melt down on Thursday - I was totally bummed out - I did feel like a faker an imposter - here I preach all this crap - I ate all this crap (but I did exercise my excuse for eating the crap I think - well at least one the other was the devil) anyway - back to my point - which is - I went after work and hit the gym and I hit it hard - 650 cal which is about 150 more than I usually burn - and you know what my mood improved - those endorphins got moving in my blood

system and my mood totally improve - that and the fact that I went to the gym - I took control back !!!

Just like I am always telling Karri (and she will attest to this) you have to take time for you - You have to make you and your health important - #1 infact - cuz if you don't take care of you - no one else will.

GF you gotta love you - You have wonderful qualities you are so worth it - you gotta quit putting yourself down 24/7 - you gotta quit focusing on the stuff you don't have and appreciate what you do have..

And you do have control - you just aren't using it - so go exercise and I bet you will feel better..

Well, I am off to the show to laugh and then by beauty products - I am ready for that facelift - at the show yesterday I got senior discount and I'm not even 55 WTF is that all about - do I really look that much older than I am..

That's freaking depressing - so today - I have on my skinny jean - boots and hope they don't say - "Oh do you want senior discount" I rather pay the 3 extra buck than get asked that question...

CBL

My upper TT cost about 6700$ but there is a bit of a discount in there because my insurance paid for a significant portion of the anesthesia and hospital part because of the breast reduction. If I would have had the TT done separately it would have been about 7500$ And I did have A LOT of Lipo. She fixed up a lot of areas that needed a little touch up from the first surgery. Most of my lipo came from the mons area, hips and bra roll area below the armpit. Then she fixed the original scar because I had a bit of a dog ear and fixed my belly button because she said it looked like the Grand Canyon.

This surgery I thought was actually much more painful than the first one. I am still pretty sore and on top of having a fair amount of insomnia it is also hard for me to sleep because I can't get comfortable. I have to sleep flat on my back which is tough for me because I am a side and tummy sleeper. Because I have to wear some sort of support on the breasts and I have to wear a binder there is some irritation to the incision so I am back on antibiotics and have to use antibiotic cream. Work is going to be interesting!

So I did go to the gym tonight. I rode the bicycle for a half hour at a horribly slow speed and then walked 1.10 miles. It is TORTUROUS to walk that slow:cursing: but I'm not pushing it. Then I came home and started my blog. The website for it is A Runner's Journey Through Pictures food wise I did great today. I'm at about 1400 calories and I'm going to go have some SF Jello.< /p>

Check in tomorrow.

Awesome Karri, you didn't overdo it at the gym.. Good girl!! It was a good rev up for your circulation system... You'll get faster, don't worry... I know how determined you can be. :-)

Phyllis Kaupa Hand commented on your status:

"Palm Springs! I can find you a rental here in the park. Hot swimming pools, hot tubs, sunshine! You'd love it!"

Really??? how much rent per week?

What airport would be fly into?:smile2:

WTG KARLA !!! I was thinking I was going to have to come and kick your butt !!!! Remember I have your phone # :smile2:

GF the exercise will make you feel better - I promise that - remember when I told you that when you felt like you gained that you most likely didn't - well - that what I am telling you about the exercise -

Remember when I had my melt down on Thursday - I was totally bummed out - I did feel like a faker an imposter - here I preach all this crap - I ate all this crap (but I did exercise my excuse for eating the crap I think - well at least one the other was the devil) anyway - back to my point - which is - I went after work and hit the gym and I hit it hard - 650 cal which is about 150 more than I usually burn - and you know what my mood improved - those endorphins got moving in my blood

system and my mood totally improve - that and the fact that I went to the gym - I took control back !!!

Just like I am always telling Karri (and she will attest to this) you have to take time for you - You have to make you and your health important - #1 infact - cuz if you don't take care of you - no one else will.

GF you gotta love you - You have wonderful qualities you are so worth it - you gotta quit putting yourself down 24/7 - you gotta quit focusing on the stuff you don't have and appreciate what you do have..

And you do have control - you just aren't using it - so go exercise and I bet you will feel better..

Well, I am off to the show to laugh and then by beauty products - I am ready for that facelift - at the show yesterday I got senior discount and I'm not even 55 WTF is that all about - do I really look that much older than I am..

That's freaking depressing - so today - I have on my skinny jean - boots and hope they don't say - "Oh do you want senior discount" I rather pay the 3 extra buck than get asked that question...

CBL

OMGosh! I was just out to the gym and then to Walmart where I got my hair cut... the lady asked me if I wanted the SENIORS DISCOUNT too.... WTF????

No Janet, we don't look that old... people are just NUTS... I agree I didn't want the 10% off either geeeeez....

I said to the lady, there must be a better way to ask people if their Old enough for the discount without affending them???

Lets come up with something creative... this is the 2nd time this has happened to me in a MONTH!!!:lol:

burned 344 calories on the Bike, and Treadmill(incline 10%) and I also did my weights program... logged onto the fitlinx and it said I lifted 5500 lbs today, but that didnt' include my 500 lbs on my biceps curls and Hammer curls(free weights) and 60 lbs on my girly shoulders . My trainer calls them the MADONNA CIrcles... with a 3 " dumbell in each hand you extend your arms out straight from your shoulders and do little cirlces 10 forward and 10 backwaard... It KILLS... but its so worth it, I'll get definition in my arms.

I didnt' feel especially strong today, I was gettin gstuck on my breaky so really didn't have any caloures to do my w/o on... dumb I know but it was better than not going at all. Michelle called and wanted to go w/o at 5:00!!! Na, I wanted to go and get it over with.. then I drove acrosstown to WallyMart... picked up some skim milk pwdr, sf ff puddings, some 100 cal Snacks, and popcorn...

Karla, email me your Phone # so I can call you.... Janet has it????

Edited by peaches9

I am coming here to vent so as to not eat. You will all be getting an idea of why my eating has been off (since you all know I eat when I am frustrated!) But this time I am not going to eat...I'm going to vent here instead.

I DESPISE the f'ing English teacher here. He is an egotistical pompous A$$HOLE! It would take me a hundred pages to fill in everything that I can't stand about him. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...he just makes me so angry I could scream! But at least I'm not eating my frustration...really want to...but I'm not. Before, I would just go and eat to numb my anger. Obviously it wasn't good for me!

I HAVE TO GO TO THE NEW CHARTER SCHOOL SOON!!!! We got a grant to open a new one in Portland. Now more constant freezing temperature, a MUCH MUCH bigger city and NO MORE GREG!

Okay rant done.

That's freaking depressing - so today - I have on my skinny jean - boots and hope they don't say - "Oh do you want senior discount" I rather pay the 3 extra buck than get asked that question...CBL

You think that's depressing!? LOL! Happens to us all the time. But then we ARE old enough for the Sr. discount! And how about when you go to buy "adult beverages" and they say, "you don't have to show your I.D." Why couldn't they just not ask for it instead of telling me they're not going to ask for it??? That just rubs it in! You're so old we don't need to bother looking at your I.D.!

I want to go see "It's Complicated", too, but when we're down here we only like to go when the weather is bad... so we've only been to one movie since we came down in Oct!! Just can't go to a movie on a beautiful day like today... 72 degrees, sunshine!! Now I AM considering K-Mart... mostly because it's right nextdoor to Starbucks!! HaHa!!

Really.. I want to go see what Christmas stuff they still have left. Probably 50-75% off now.

15_8_138.gif 15_4_122.gif

"Palm Springs! I can find you a rental here in the park. Hot swimming pools, hot tubs, sunshine! You'd love it!"

You can fly in to Palm Springs. Or Ontario and rent a car. Our DD & SIL are coming down mid-Feb and flying in to San Diego. Last year they flew in to Vegas, but that's a few hours drive. Ontario is about 1 1/2 hr, San Diego maybe 1 1/2 - 2 hr drive.

Can usually find a rental for about $50 or so a night...definitely under $100 here in this park. Or probably no more than $500 for a week. Monthly rent is in the $1500-1600 range depending on unit.

I am coming here to vent so as to not eat. You will all be getting an idea of why my eating has been off (since you all know I eat when I am frustrated!) But this time I am not going to eat...I'm going to vent here instead.

I DESPISE the f'ing English teacher here. He is an egotistical pompous A$$HOLE! It would take me a hundred pages to fill in everything that I can't stand about him. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...he just makes me so angry I could scream! But at least I'm not eating my frustration...really want to...but I'm not. Before, I would just go and eat to numb my anger. Obviously it wasn't good for me!

I HAVE TO GO TO THE NEW CHARTER SCHOOL SOON!!!! We got a grant to open a new one in Portland. Now more constant freezing temperature, a MUCH MUCH bigger city and NO MORE GREG! Okay rant done.

Don't hold back like that... just let yourself GO!!

Tell us how you REALLY feel!!

LOL

Originally Posted by peaches9 viewpost.gif

You can fly in to Palm Springs. Or Ontario and rent a car. Our DD & SIL are coming down mid-Feb and flying in to San Diego. Last year they flew in to Vegas, but that's a few hours drive. Ontario is about 1 1/2 hr, San Diego maybe 1 1/2 - 2 hr drive.

Can usually find a rental for about $50 or so a night...definitely under $100 here in this park. Or probably no more than $500 for a week. Monthly rent is in the $1500-1600 range depending on unit.

O.k. I just checked flights to San Diego Ca... 387$ Cdn each, so a fair bit cheaper, so we'd just have to drive 2 hours to Palm Springs??? Thats not too bad, as we'd need to rent a car for the 2 wks anyways...

Plus, I've never been to San Diego, Peter has with the NAVY many years ago, it was always one of his favorite ports of call.

Karri, the new school in Portland sounds awesome... when would you start there???