Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Phyl, I guess it is just you and me tonight. Everyone else must be out on hot dates. You at least have an excuse...humm, me, I don't seem to have one.

Good Morning Gang

Karla - I had a gf from work over for dinner & a movie last night - we had stuffed bell peppers (w/turkey) and sf/ff white choc pudding with sf choc suryp & walnuts. Watch the Beyonce movie Obessesion - Very predictable - but loved it when she kicked the other girls ass..

How do I stay focused - Well I think it was easier in my weight loss phase than now - I find it a lot harder now - I keep letting little bites of this and that get in the way and I seem to be missing 1 day at the gym - that's why I keep struggling with hitting the top of my 5 lb weight limit and it's bugging me.

But for me I really just think I had my ah ha moment and the way I feel now is a lot of incentive to keep away from junk..

Plus I don't keep crap in the house to eat and once I am home I won't go out again to get something, Hell last night we (andrew & me) stopped at the store - to p/u a few things - I forgot I needed skim milk to make the pudding - so I said wait here and I jogged to the back of the store to get it - I thought to myself - OMW look at you.. When I walk fast I think what a change..

Right now sometimes I can eat about 2 cups of food - and that's a concern for me - I am thinking about getting a tweak to my fill - but again - do I really need it. It's this whole mind over matter stuff - yes I know I got the band to act like insurance but I make the food choice and I do pretty good for the most part - but am finding it harder than it was before.

I got up last night and ate a ck leg - I ate it way too fast and I could feel it - I slimed a bit - so do I really need a fill - I don't think so I need to stop and listen to my band - which is hard.. Head hunger is a bitch and that's what my problem really is - and I think it is for all of us...

But look I ate a ck leg and not a bag of candy - that's how I look at stuff -

Boredom is my problem - not stress so much .. Just get the crap out of the house and then you can't eat it cuz it's not there..

Linda - Hugs Hugs GF... I don't know if more meds are going to help - I think I understand that you just feel usless now adays that your life was wrapped up in your kids and now that they are gone - that's what are you all about (being a Mom).. I know you have seen a shrink before - do you think that maybe revising that would help. I wish you lived closer (I know we all wish that) I think you need some gf support... I'm needy - you could take care of me :0).... Wish DH was more supportive -

As to not losing - well gf as long as you aren't gaining that's a plus- hell everyone struggles with 10/15 lbs - so don't sweat it

Sorry about work - I understand the frustration there..

Just know that you are loved and you are more than just a Mom - That you deserve your own happiness - You are a good and loving person.. You give so much.. Like I said I wish that you weren't 2000 miles away - I would keep you occupied ...

Love you!!!

Phyl - on the liquid stuff - there are a couple schools of thought about the nasiads like you read about. - I will take them occassionally (rarely) but when I do I make sure it's on an empty stomach so that it goes right thru (pill form) - but I take most of my pills (well I only have 1 bp antenoal ) on an empty stomach.. Don't they make a tyenol for arthirtis - just thought of that - is there something in those that will help with inflmation...

So I ck'd FB this morning - did Karri hurt her ankle - I didn't understand toe nail/fail - then being in med tent and ankle is a disaster???

Well I am up as you all can tell - got up 4:45 - having coffee - need to wrap wedding gift - get dressed for gym but that I still have 1 hr til they open

Then come home shower - nails and that's really about it til I have to get ready for wedding that starts at 5...

it's 86 right now - feels hotter to me - there is a bit of a hot wind - suppose to be 106...

Well, just cking in - Hugs to everyone - when you are feeling down - Look at Phyl - think about how good she is doing with her weight loss and surgery/knee issues - I know that when I'm down - I think about her and all that she has gone thru and I think to myself - Look she 60ish and she has accomplished so much - if she can do all this then you can..

I so admire her...

Ok - cbl

Ok Karla - Thanks to you I did 4 miles burned 484 cal this morning - You all keep me motivated !!! That's why I keep coming back and haven't quit posting !!! IMHO those who have dropped off for the most part are the ones who aren't as successfull - not always true - but when they do pop back in ususally they say they haven't done well..

Ok I am off to the shower - gotta go get nails done...

I still want to know how Karri hurt her ankle - I sent them a note but havent heard back

Hi guys, Happy Saturday!!!

Yesterday was DH 59th B-day!!!! So food early in the day was great... 2 Protien shakes, Supper was chicken Wings (5) 3 pcs of calamari, then we stopped at McD and I had a McFlurry... but that's it... no more junk...

I have ONE MONTH to the wedding, so I told DH that last night was our last little treat!!!

Protein Shakes so far today, and tea... and tea.... and pee and pee...

I finally bought a BULLIT from Cdn Tire store they were on sale so I treated myself.. ALso bought some GREENS powder to add to my shake. Oh yeah, and I found some sublingual B-12 suppllement so I got that too.

Did you know that if you take your B12 orally and swallow into the stomach that the Stomach juices destroy the B12? I just found that out yesterday, hence the Sublingual - it disolves under your tongue and enters your bloodstream directly before hitting the stomach... who knew????

Linda, do I have to phone you? Get your antidepressants changed girl! Or I am going to be on you like WHITE on RICE o.k.????

Janet, your dinner and a movie with a GF sounds great, what did you watch?

Stephanie & Karri; Congrats on the marathon in Seattle... I watched a great movie on Breast Cancer last night, was bawling my head off when it was over , but so good.

Phyl; you are doing so well with you exercise... you'll be leading the marathon's next year... where will it be?

Hugs to everyone else I didn't mention, love you all.

Candice:drool:

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg638/61/13/74

Saturday food so far. SUpper will be tiny pc of steak and some SHRIMP. on the BBQ

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,361/129/65/64

Peter's B-day dinner calorie count.... not as high as I thought it was going to turn out :-)

Hi guys, Happy Saturday!!!

Yesterday was DH 59th B-day!!!! So food early in the day was great... 2 Protien shakes, Supper was chicken Wings (5) 3 pcs of calamari, then we stopped at McD and I had a McFlurry... but that's it... no more junk...

I have ONE MONTH to the wedding, so I told DH that last night was our last little treat!!!

Protein Shakes so far today, and tea... and tea.... and pee and pee...

I finally bought a BULLIT from Cdn Tire store they were on sale so I treated myself.. ALso bought some GREENS powder to add to my shake. Oh yeah, and I found some sublingual B-12 suppllement so I got that too.

Did you know that if you take your B12 orally and swallow into the stomach that the Stomach juices destroy the B12? I just found that out yesterday, hence the Sublingual - it disolves under your tongue and enters your bloodstream directly before hitting the stomach... who knew????

Linda, do I have to phone you? Get your antidepressants changed girl! Or I am going to be on you like WHITE on RICE o.k.????

Janet, your dinner and a movie with a GF sounds great, what did you watch?

Stephanie & Karri; Congrats on the marathon in Seattle... I watched a great movie on Breast Cancer last night, was bawling my head off when it was over , but so good.

Phyl; you are doing so well with you exercise... you'll be leading the marathon's next year... where will it be?

Hugs to everyone else I didn't mention, love you all.

Candice:drool:

HI,

Unfortunately, Karri is on her way home... bad tendonitis in her ankle and she had to quit. They are in Everett, where we live, as of yesterday afternoon. No visitors allowed at camp. But we're going to one of the "cheering stations" in a couple of hours and hope to see the "Boobie Bandits" there. Apparently they have these 3-Day walks all over the country every year. There is a whole list of cities where they were held this year and if you go to the website you can already sign up for one in 2010.

Closing ceremonies are tomorrow and I am hoping to go. BUT... found out the Seahawks opening game is at 1:15 pm.. Closing ceremonies not too far away at Seattle Center. If Earl gets wind of this he will say, "NO WAY, JOSE!" because the traffic is likely to be very bad. Game will probably be over about the same time we would be heading home and it will be a NIGHTMARE! Also, I want to try to go to church tomorrow and then we always go out to lunch with Tracy & Jim. That means about 2pm before we get home. That will be a very ambitious undertaking for me! Don't know if I can handle a trip in to Seattle right after that!

36_1_23.gif

I am doing really well though. I told Earl a while ago... if someone would have told me 2 weeks ago when I came home from the hospital that in 2 weeks I would be walking around the entire perimeter of the condo complex I would have laughed and said "NO FREAKIN' WAY!" But I did it yesterday and again today.

Hi Friends,

I'm OK. Don't think another pill is the answer. I'm just in a louzy place at the moment, but I've been here before and I know that this too shall pass. One thing that I think would help would be to quit listening to political news. Sorry, but I don't believe a word Obama said the other night, and I am becomming more and more cynical about where all of this is leading. I need to remember that God is in control of that, and I just need to concentrate about what I can control--like what I put in my mouth! So, I'm going to turn off the radio or TV when this stuff comes on and see if that helps my mood at all.

Karri--I'm proud of you for not pushing yourself to the point where you caused yourself more damage. I think you've made a real breakthrough, and will be healthier for it.

Phyl--as stated previously, you certanly are an inspiraton to us all! There's no comparison between you and my mom. Granted, you're 15-ish years younger, but you've got such a good attitude! Thanks for being such a great role model!

Janet, GF--me too--I so wish you were closer so that we could shop and do stuff together! I just love your bluntness. You're like my best friend who died 15 years ago--she could put a person in their place in such a nice way that no one ever got angry. She had your heart, and did all kinds of things for people very quietly--never calling attention to herself. I loved her so!

Karla--you sound more upbeat now that school has started. Hope things continue to go well. What's going on with that oldest daughter of yours? Did she have any idea that this was comming? I sure hope she will be able to collect unemployment, and that she finds another, better job soon! Is she married? Any kids? Will she be able to relocate if necessary? Sure sounds like a terrible way to handle things!

Candice--I'm not forgetting you! One more month. You are going to be one hot mother of the bride! Pics--be sure to post pics! Any improvement in the work situation? How are the quilts comming--did you finish the one you were working on when we were there? I think I mentioned that I ordered a Hawaiian quilt table runner. It came a couple of weeks ago and it's georgous. But I'm afraid to keep it on my dining room table b/c I'm afraid the sun will fade it too much. It has plackets on the back, so I'm looking for a place to hang it and just put it on the table when people come over.

Steph, Still praying. . .how are things going? Things with your son will take a very long time. Be patient--try to see the big picture. I pray that years from now you will see a reason for all of this, and praise God for how He worked things out for both of you. His ways are beyond our understanding--that's for sure. I have another friend who is going through a divorce, has a special needs 20-year-old son (who I helped her deliver!), and just found out last week that she lost her job. Enough already--right? Sometimes, life just sucks, but, like she's says, you gotta trust God to work it all out.

For some reason, several people have emailed me about the band in the last couple of weeks. My name must be on some list somewhere--anyone else getting that?

OK, I'm back and I had my salad and a Bloody Mary, so I'm calmer now.

I feel so out of it. You guys just keep going, and I feel like such a loser--and not in the "good" sense of the word. What's up with that? I feel like I'm just keeping up, and never really a part of anything. I try to talk to DH, but he's just in his own world of cars, work, and things he feels he has to do. It's like I just don't exsit unless he or the kids need something.

I got a nasty email from a clinical mentor today complalining b/c she doesn't feel "supported!" Seesh, she's never around when I come to visit, and I've waited for 2 WEEKS to hear if she'll accept a student or not--then she complains that she doesn't get enough notice!She wants a month-- I gave her over 5 weeks, What's the problem? I sent her email to trash--I can find another site, and she's probablly the 5th person in that position since I've been doing this--she'll be gone in another year.

OK, deep breath! In--out--we've all got issues. . .

So this weekend is pretty quiet except that Tim will be comming home from CA on Monday for 2 weeks. Unfortuantely, I won't have a lot of free time, and he and Mindy want to visit Luke in MN next weekend. But it will be good to have him home for awhile.

Had such a sad dream the other night: Dreamed that Luke was 4 years old (he's 24)--I could hear his little boy voice--and I was telling him "Dont' grow up." I must sure miss my babies! Steph--cherish them--you won't have them for long. All of this was happening in a white house with white walls and nothing on them. I felt closed in by the blandness of it all. Freud would have a field day with that!

OK, so there's where I'm at. Not losing, probably gaining--who knows? I don't have time to obsess about it.

Good Evening, Ladies.

Been lurking again, not posting,,,,,,,,WHY?? A lot of the same things that Linda is going through. So, Linda, I'm sending you HUGS, HUGS AND MORE HUGS. You can never get enough of them. I don't watch the National news anymore either, but then again DH has talk radio on all day, everyday. Laura, Rush, Sean.........ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I feel the same way about our government and leaders. Don't trust them but then again, there is nothing we can do. They are going to do what they want to do, no matter what. Yeah, that's enough to drive anyone to depression. Or to eat....,,,

Enough.................talk with you all later.

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg822/69/18/99

Final post for food today... I am going to bed soon.

Worked on QUILTS all day today... a terribel waste of a sunny Sept day... but I am severely behind in my Block of the Month project... I made 4 blocks today, and tomorrow is looking good for doing some more...BUT I am going to get a walk in tomorrow for sure... I need to UP the exercise.

I spent most of my day on the internet looking for lessons...I need to get a life!!

food was good today, but I have been eating a lot more the last couple of day. I figure I will watch it for a week and then if it doesn't change I'll head over for a small fill. That or I'm just 'fattening up' for the winter. I seem to be hungry all the time. Oh well, that's life.

Had a visit with my mother, my dad & I have been concerned about her memory. Today she did not remember that I was at their house 2 weeks ago. Even though I reminded her what we did, she still didn't rmember. I'm sure part of it is stress about dad, but I don't know what I should do about it.

Anyway...it really stinks that Karri had to quit the 3-day. Was she not allowed to stay because she was injured or did she decide to go?

Bummer... didn't get to see Steph today. She was going to text me when she got to her first pit stop. We waited until about 2:15pm before we decided we better head over to the 2nd one. She thought she'd be passing through there around 3 pm. By the time we were parked and got situated, it was probably 2:45 pm. We waited an hour, but apparently she'd already been through. Her phone quit working.

So the other option was to go to the closing ceremonies tomorrow. Unfortunately, that will not work out either. I think it's a little too ambitious for me. It's about a 45 min ride each way. Website says to get there an hour early, so that brings it to 2 1/2 hrs plus the ceremony and trying to spend some time visiting. I can tolerate about 2 hrs out and about and I'm hurting and tired. Besides that, tomorrow is opening game for the Seahawks (1:15pm)... so, game will be over about the same time as the closing ceremonies are over. Going back home would be a traffic nightmare.

Morning Ladies! Been up for a couple of hours drinking coffee. I need to get my butt in gear, get my walk, laundry, replace the kitchen faucet, rearrange furniture, buy groceries, fun stuff like that. Only 5 more days until payday!! Then I can start paying off bills, I hope anyway. DD#2 is coming up next weekend to go to a Griz game. We will puppy-site their lab, so I'll take her down to the river so she can go swimming. She loves that!

Need to get my attitude back in line for school. Kindof grouched at the kids during the last period of class on Friday. They were just loud and obnoxious, I need to learn to let it go. Evidently the week took its tole and they were fed up with sitting. I don't blame them, I was fed up with school for the week also. I just need to remember to not take it personally.

Got a email from a VERY handsome guy from my internet dating web site. Oh man, I could take him home. I know it won't go anywhere, but it is fun while it lasts. You always need to remember that what you see is not necessarily what you get. I am way too trusting. I figure since I don't lie, no one else does. But then again, I need to not take it personally when they 'close' communications. Oh well.

I hope you all have a good day. Steph finishes her 3-Day today. I bet she had a blast. I'm pretty bummed that I couldn't go. that's life!

WOW! I slept TEN HOURS last night!! Went to bed early and didn't get up until 8:30 a.m. Slept like a log. Even Earl slept late. He didn't get up until 8 a.m. and he's usually up by 6 a.m.

It's another beautfiul day!! Great day for the 3-Dayers. I sat at the cheer station for an hour yesterday and let me tell you...

those folks were SWEATING!! It was in the mid-80's!! It's supposed to be a little cooler today. This has been a really nice summer~!

16_6_1v.gif

I am going to attempt church this morning. Always lasts at least 90 minutes, which is okay if I can get my leg in a comfortable position. Went to Tracy's last night for dinner. First time over there since surgery. I was afraid of the two steps on the front porch, but no problem.

Morning Ladies! Been up for a couple of hours drinking coffee. I need to get my butt in gear, get my walk, laundry, replace the kitchen faucet, rearrange furniture, buy groceries, fun stuff like that. Only 5 more days until payday!! Then I can start paying off bills, I hope anyway. DD#2 is coming up next weekend to go to a Griz game. We will puppy-site their lab, so I'll take her down to the river so she can go swimming. She loves that!

Need to get my attitude back in line for school. Kindof grouched at the kids during the last period of class on Friday. They were just loud and obnoxious, I need to learn to let it go. Evidently the week took its tole and they were fed up with sitting. I don't blame them, I was fed up with school for the week also. I just need to remember to not take it personally.

Got a email from a VERY handsome guy from my internet dating web site. You always need to remember that what you see is not necessarily what you get. I am way too trusting. I figure since I don't lie, no one else does. But then again, I need to not take it personally when they 'close' communications. Oh well.

Ok.Karla ; you are gonna get it. Why on earth would you say " Oh man, I could take him home. I know it won't go anywhere, but it is fun while it lasts."? you are sealing your fate before you even begin!!!

I want to recommend that you go to the library, and take out the Book "the Secret"... it is wonderful. It is all about the LAW OF ATTRACTION what you think is WHAT you will get... therefore 'see' yourself happy with a new man = give that thought to the Universe and it WILL happen.

Everytime you have a negative thought about a man, or calorie counting or what dress looks best on you ... you attract THAT (more negativity, a tuna man, or a overboard food day, or a dress that looks like shit on you)

Why wouldn't this 'guy' go nuts for you? He'd be lucky who ever he is to have you as a friend or mate... if he dosn't then he's not worth YOUR effort and you need to keep looking to find the BEST guy for you...He is out there... ask the Universe (or pray or whatever floats you boat)

I hope you all have a good day. Steph finishes her 3-Day today. I bet she had a blast. I'm pretty bummed that I couldn't go. that's life!

WOW! I slept TEN HOURS last night!! Went to bed early and didn't get up until 8:30 a.m. Slept like a log. Even Earl slept late. He didn't get up until 8 a.m. and he's usually up by 6 a.m.

It's another beautfiul day!! Great day for the 3-Dayers. I sat at the cheer station for an hour yesterday and let me tell you...

those folks were SWEATING!! It was in the mid-80's!! It's supposed to be a little cooler today. This has been a really nice summer~!

16_6_1v.gif

I am going to attempt church this morning. Always lasts at least 90 minutes, which is okay if I can get my leg in a comfortable position. Went to Tracy's last night for dinner. First time over there since surgery. I was afraid of the two steps on the front porch, but no problem.

Oh Phyl, I am liking fall better than our summer it just arrived her way to late... You are doing so well with your recovery, it makes me feel comfortable that if I ever need new knees that it will be a manageable endevour... I have arthritis in both knees, the Rt a little worse than the left... but so far I've been able to live without my CELEBREX which I gave up prior to banding.

HOw did church go today? I'll bet everyone was very glad to see you recovering so well...:tongue2:

I've been trying to get caught up on my quilting projects... I finished 4 blocks yesterday, A 'barchello' and the other was called 'Race Track'... its kinda cute.. but I am still behind ELEVEN blocks... this has to be caught up by the second Thurs in Oct... SO I am just going to keep plugging along at it...in the basement.

Upstairs, during TV time I'll finish the twin size quilt for my Babyin Switzerland... its gotta go in the mail in 2 weeks to get there in time for the birth.

Edited by peaches9
spelling mistakes!