Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi today I did more - 20 mins. yesterday only my glutes hurt today I think my abs and back will be sore a bit. I tried to sit the trot today it was harder than yesterday prob cuz my muscles are weaker today and this is a big moving warmblood (could sit his trot before) - Probably in a couple of weeks more w /no stirrups will fix that. Didn't canter yet (I won't canter if I am not sitting the trot though it is probably easier) - that too I'm waiting to do at the 6 week mark. My trainer's daughter who also has worked with me said when was the last time you rode... I said " the last time you taught me (that was 2 months ago)... aside for 10 mins yesterday".. She repeated "THAT was the last time you rode"? For all of us it went better than expected. BUT having said that - did you ever take a break from riding and go back to it and you do great but THEN the following week it all goes to hell?

Hello,

I was just wondering how everyone was doing. I haven't been on in a bit. I have been working with my horse some (his name is Ghost). The soreness has been no fun, but I feel at home riding. I always have. So good luck all riders!

Shena

I'm not riding as much as I'd like - but I'll blame it on fewer hours of daylight and too many hours of work! I have been lunging them some to keep the kinks out of them! One of my goals for this weekend is to get them all ridden..

Good luck to all!

Did you ride this weekend? I'm still doing my 15-20 mins on my trainer's horse - I am up to doing more but the horse isn't as my trainer works him first too. I want to do some sitting trot but the horse sucks back and he has a big bounce and my abs are not there yet at 5 weeks post op (actually they are no where) so my seat isn't great. The good news is that the vet took a look at my horse and said she is almost sound - i can start tack walking her. Should be a few more weeks. YAY. Then HER rehab starts too as she has been off a while.

I didn't get to ride today. We had to go in search of Halloween Costumes - and other miscellaneous errands. I did lunge them last night, so tomorrow I have high hopes if it's not too hot. The plan is to ride at least 2 then give them baths for what I expect to be out last hot weekend.

Keep riding, your abs will come back. I HAVE to sit the trot. My knee won't let me post. Now I have to find my industrial strength bra and I'll be back in business! Keep me posted on your progress!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches