Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hey there everyone, Happy Holidays.

Wishing you all healthy choices for the new year. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good even loosing. I'm kind of at a stand still, a few bad choices last week....blah blah

Hey Jess I'm right about where you are in terms of weight and total losses - I am thrilled and you should be too! You are doing great!

Happy New Year!

OMG you made it! Welcome to Onederland!!!!

Yes I did :lol: Not working helps! I have been riding every day and running around the barn also adds up I burn nearly 1000 extra calories on those days according the Bodybugg - loving that thing... and the weight loss it projected was very close to what actually happened! Hoping I will have another week like that then back to sedentary desk job!

Hi, everyone. It's been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to check in. Looks like you all are doing great.

I was excited this morning when I weighed in...I've lost 50 lbs! Getting close to the halfway mark to goal. I'm very happy with that amount.

That's great! Congratulations!:lol:

Yay Amanda! I cannot believe you have lost 71 lbs in 5 months! WOW! You are The Biggest Loser!

Happy New Year!

Thanks! Happy New Year to you as well!:lol:

Happy New Year! Sounds like everyone is doing great. Reading all your posts gives me hope. I'm having problems with self control lately. I have been off work for 2 weeks and snowed in. We got over 22 inches of snow. With 3 kids and a lot of Christmas goodies around I haven't been able to stop snacking. I feel so guilty and depressed right now. Hopefully I can get back on track in 2010. I have not lost any weight in over a month. My next fill is Jan. 12th. :lol:

I over ate for the first time tonight. Ugh, I feel miserable. I stopped at a diner and ordered a bowl of chili and I was sitting eating and reading a book. I was trying to finish the book before I went home (because I had stuff to do and didnt know when I would get back to it).

The waiter without asking and without my noticing picked up my empty bowl and sat a new one at my table. I ate two bowls of chili and am really feeling it now. When I was checking out I told the waiter that it wasnt sitting well on my stomach and he said he probably shoudnt have brought me that second bowl. I was was like :). Dammit!!!! I gotta be more mindful.

hey everyone.

I hope all is well. I'm glad that so many people are losing that weight and not giving up. I decided that my goals are not very realistic for myself. I have decided to slow down a bit. also my doc didn't seem to care that I'm not where I want to be actually he discourages rapid weight loss any way. I went for a fill on the 28th and he only filled a half cc more. He believes that I am at my "sweetspot". I don't think so but I am going to have to deal with it now. He planned a followup in two months but not a fill. I have become dependent on seeing him every month because that's what keeps me going. Now its up to me and only me to keep going myself. With my realistic goals I think I can acomplish all.

Ive been looking into fat camps (weight loss retreats-whatever you want to call it) It sounds interesting and I've heard that the insurance might pay a portion of it. They are expensive! More than surgery. I am going to look into an 8 day instead of 8 week. Wish me luck.

Minimeme(I think) look into that insurance think because it definitely sounds like insurance fraud.

hey everyone.

I hope all is well. I'm glad that so many people are losing that weight and not giving up. I decided that my goals are not very realistic for myself. I have decided to slow down a bit. also my doc didn't seem to care that I'm not where I want to be actually he discourages rapid weight loss any way. I went for a fill on the 28th and he only filled a half cc more. He believes that I am at my "sweetspot". I don't think so but I am going to have to deal with it now. He planned a followup in two months but not a fill. I have become dependent on seeing him every month because that's what keeps me going. Now its up to me and only me to keep going myself. With my realistic goals I think I can acomplish all.

Ive been looking into fat camps (weight loss retreats-whatever you want to call it) It sounds interesting and I've heard that the insurance might pay a portion of it. They are expensive! More than surgery. I am going to look into an 8 day instead of 8 week. Wish me luck.

Minimeme(I think) look into that insurance think because it definitely sounds like insurance fraud.

Hi Loveslady! Happy New Year! I think as we get close to sweet spot the fills get smaller and smaller like closer to .25. I was overfilled last time had to be brought down - it wasn't pleasant at all! I go back on Jan 5 (monthly appts) but if you asked me last week I would have said I won't get anything but suddenly I do seem to have more of an appetite again. But I doubt will get (or want) more than .2... being too tight is no fun at all.

One more pound to Onderland! I also go for a fill on the 7th which I need, I think at times! Happy New Year everyone! May everyone reach their goal this year. We are all doing fantastic!:smile2:

Still no Onderland and probably because I want it so bad, but oh well. I will get there very soon. I know! Went for another fill today and now I'm at a total of 7.3 and man can I feel the difference. I hope this is it because the injection to my port actually hurt today for the first time. I also have noticed during the last month that I am starting to have hair fall out. I have plenty of it so I can't tell a big difference but I do shed alot, but it's suppose to slow down in a few months so I hope. Don't want to have to buy a wig. Well how is everyone else?

Hi, Amanda. My hair is getting thinner too, and it has me worried. Just the other day at our support group meeting, my surgeon's PA said that she's noticed people complaining about Hair loss at about month 3 or 4, and that it usually continues until month 7 or 8. She also said that Protein intake doesn't seem to affect it.

Still no Onderland and probably because I want it so bad, but oh well. I will get there very soon. I know! Went for another fill today and now I'm at a total of 7.3 and man can I feel the difference. I hope this is it because the injection to my port actually hurt today for the first time. I also have noticed during the last month that I am starting to have hair fall out. I have plenty of it so I can't tell a big difference but I do shed alot, but it's suppose to slow down in a few months so I hope. Don't want to have to buy a wig. Well how is everyone else?

Hey Amanda, In what way does your fill feel different? I was just curious as to the amount of food that keeps you full now, compared to before?

I haven't had the hair issues, but you are losing so fast, maybe that is why:confused:

I had my first fill yesterday of 1cc. I still had 3cc in from surgery. So far no problems from the fill or any other problems. I've lost around 40 pounds since surgery, or around 70 since July 10th, when I started practicing my new lifestyle and started with the bariatric center. I'm no longer obese, which is very nice. I am very curious as to how the rest of the journey will be. My waist is still 42 inches. That's a 3x according to the size chart I have! I think I will set a goal to have it down to 35 inches next summer. That fat should move sometime! I'm hoping to get below 150 pounds on my 5'7", but I know I'll just have to wait and see where my body would like to be.

I would love to attend a retreat or camp. Too bad the prices are so high. Let us know if insurance is interested in helping.

I notice the Hair loss but I started Biotin right at the time of surgery so the loss isn't noticeable because it seems to thicken the hair.

I've done okay in terms of weight loss but have to start exercising more. Between the rain and cold I have backslid on my Couch to 5k program.

I hit Onederland this week and am so happy. I want to NEVER see 200 on the scale again. My non scale victory was trying on old formals (Mardi Gras season coming up) and one that I had to actually get "wrapped" for (the seaweed wrap, suck you dry to lose a couple of inches) was actually so big I could take it off and on without unzipping it.

Amazing. Very happy with my band.

I notice the Hair loss but I started Biotin right at the time of surgery so the loss isn't noticeable because it seems to thicken the hair.

I've done okay in terms of weight loss but have to start exercising more. Between the rain and cold I have backslid on my Couch to 5k program.

I hit Onederland this week and am so happy. I want to NEVER see 200 on the scale again. My non scale victory was trying on old formals (Mardi Gras season coming up) and one that I had to actually get "wrapped" for (the seaweed wrap, suck you dry to lose a couple of inches) was actually so big I could take it off and on without unzipping it.

Amazing. Very happy with my band.

What a great NSV that formal was! I love Mardi Gras season and the balls are my very favorite part of it. Congrats on hitting Onederland!