Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hi

I am scheduled for next week on the 27th. Close enough to September for me. I will try to stay connected with you because I think it will be good for you to know what to expect. If I experience it two weeks before you do. The one interesting fact I am finding when I read all the blogs is that most of you if not all of you were put on pre-op diets and some had to satisfy the insurance companies. I did not have to do either. I think the insurance compliance is probably related to my age. I am 60 and I think the insurance company would not expect me to convince them I need this surgery. I am thrilled I did not have to go on a pre-op diet. I am not looking forward to the first six weeks post-op with all the liquids and mush food.< /p>

can someone tell me how to get a ticker?

Just go to tickerfactory.com, create your ticker, then paste the code into your signature.

You can change your signature by clicking on User CP in the blue band at the top of Lapbandtalk, then look in the left hand column for the Edit Signature button.

Hello! I am a newbie here. My surgery is scheduled for September 16th. I was just submitted to Insurance for approval (Aetana POS II) and I am so hoping it just goes smoothly with no problems.

I just found this page and read through them all and can't remember who's who, so I'll have to try and pick up from here.

I'm excited and nervous and know you all probably feel the same. I am anxious to just get the band and re-learn living with it. Makes me smile. I have to believe I can do this.

Good luck to everyone coming up!!!!

Boo

Hey Boocakes!! Welcome!!! I am also tentatively scheduled for Sept 16. Im playing the insurance waiting game now to. I cant wait to hear!!! Im glad we all have each other for support!!:blink: I cant wait to hear how everyone does

Welcome!!! I am super new here myself. I've been reading for a long time, but with my surgery in September I figured it's time to jump in. :confused:

That is great you are starting, it really will fly by and you'll be ready in no time. Do you have Insurance requirements or will you be getting surgery in September too? Either way it will happen for you.

Thanks I actually started back in Jan and have finished the pre authorization last month. I had to talk to a nutrionist every two weeks for 6 months and lose 15lbs to prove to them I was serious. Ive lost 21 so far. I got the appoval letter 2 weeks ago.... Yeah !!!!!:drool:

I live in a small area of about 20,000 and my doctor said that my insurance company has only approved this for one other person tht hes known of so he was shcked that they did. Only catch is that I cant even gain One pound :blink: between now and the surgery or the approval is going to be taken away. I figure I have to loose at least another 10 before my appt so my weight wont have fluxuated since all woman do.

I am nervous Im not going to be able to handle the after care of the diet but I think on the other hand that Im motivated enough to somehow get thru it I know that outcome will be worth the work...

Hi, Started Optifast last Tuesday. First day was a slight challenge. I was hungry. Getting use to it. I think I may be having problem with my gall bladder. Wish I knew. I cant postpone my Sept2 procedure. Thanks for all the support.

Anyone going throughMayo Clinic?

Hey everyone! I'm scheduled for Sept 8th and I'm getting nervous! My 7 day pre-op diet starts on Sept 1st and I've been in the binge/eat everything i see mentality! Most of the threads I read, everyone is losing weight before their pre-op diets and I'm pretty sure mine is piling on, ugh feel like a slacker already! I'm also self pay so I haven't had to lose any for insurance purposes etc. I'm ready for my pre op to start so I'll be forced to stop eating! I'm so ready to get my band and get this weight off!

Just thought I'd introduce myself and looking forward to talking with you all!

If the surgery is covered by the insurance the follow up visits and fills should be as well. Something I read recently is as long as you don't change insurance carriers then you should not have a problem.

I was approved for surgery then two days later denied by the surgeon because the 3rd party billers contract with them is ending and won't be renewed. Thankful they were able to work out something with my insurance so that I can still use them. (I really did not want to have to start all over again)

I hope if all works out for you. I start my pre op diet Friday.

I am getting so excited and nervous...I can't wait for the band and to start losing weight.

If will be fun to hear about all of are loses together and help motivate each other. :blink:

-

thanks for the note back...

sept. 1 st is coming fast. I was not put on a pre op diet, but just the day before a lowfat, type low cal, bland diet. - but I have started somewhat of drinking Protein Drinks to feel out my likes and dislikes. I was thinking of putting my self on the liquid diet in the middle of next week. - to get used to the idea :confused:

I am also getting more nervous when i sit down and really thing about this.. but I do know it is for the best.:drool:

-

thanks for the note back...

sept. 1 st is coming fast. I was not put on a pre op diet, but just the day before a lowfat, type low cal, bland diet. - but I have started somewhat of drinking Protein drinks to feel out my likes and dislikes. I was thinking of putting my self on the liquid diet in the middle of next week. - to get used to the idea :confused:

I am also getting more nervous when i sit down and really thing about this.. but I do know it is for the best.:drool:

Hello Hart 37, I am getting Banded on September 1st. I was put on a pre op diet because of the liver, since the band is place on the upper part of the stomach and the stomach is directly behind the liver. It is necessary for the liver to shrink. ( the liver is the first organ to gain or lose fat). My doctor told me to go on a liquid diet the Sunday before the surgery. That should shrink the liver enough to make it easier for the surgeon to get to my stomach comfortably.. read up on it, remember we want to to make it as simple as possible for the doctor to do our procedure to ensure our success... I read that the procedure could be postponed because the liver isn't small enough... good luck!

Hey everyone! I'm scheduled for Sept 8th and I'm getting nervous! My 7 day pre-op diet starts on Sept 1st and I've been in the binge/eat everything i see mentality! Most of the threads I read, everyone is losing weight before their pre-op diets and I'm pretty sure mine is piling on, ugh feel like a slacker already! I'm also self pay so I haven't had to lose any for insurance purposes etc. I'm ready for my pre op to start so I'll be forced to stop eating! I'm so ready to get my band and get this weight off!

Hello aberchic, It's called the "last supper" Mentality. When you feel everything you put in your mouth is because "It will be the last time I eat it" Not True... That's like the "I'll work it off tomorrow" or the "I'll be good the rest of the week" THAT!!... IS WHY WE ARE HERE!!!.... It wasn't the LAST time. WE didn't work it off and WE weren't "GOOD" the rest of the week.. NOW WE must look forward and remember NO past.. LOOK FORWARD to The Healthy YOU!!

I am so tired of people trying to "steal my thunder" I hate it when people are negative about me getting the Lapband. Just today someone said, " people should just diet and excersize" UGH!!!! Of course this came from a skinny person whom has never had a weight problem!

UGH...AGREED...that is so annoying when people say that. I know I carry a lot of responsibility in regards to my weight, but I know there are a lot of factors that are going on instead of just poor will power.

Boo

Hey Boocakes!! Welcome!!! I am also tentatively scheduled for Sept 16. Im playing the insurance waiting game now to. I cant wait to hear!!! Im glad we all have each other for support!!:confused: I cant wait to hear how everyone does

Wow, we are right at the same spot!!! I really want to call the Insurance Company today, but I was just submitted Wednesday so I don't want to annoy them and have them say "No". LMAO I can't help but be anxious though.

I think your the only one I've seen on the 16th, so we'll have all the early September friends to give us a good low down on how it all went. :drool:

Keep me posted on your approval and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by BooCakes

Hello, I am going to have lap band surgery Sept 21st. I am so excited to start losing weight and feeling better about myself. It is great to know there are others that will be doing this life change at the same time as me! I started the gym this week I am going to get started on exercise, so I won't be to overloaded by all the change!

weight.png

Awww...don't beat yourself up!!! You just haven't started losing YET!!! I was told my insurance likes to see some loss in the pre-op program/requirements and they had been getting denials because of people not losing or gaining. I got so nervous, I decided to take it serious and just get started but in all honesty, I don't know that I would have without the push.

Regardless, we are all on our way to losing all these pounds we so need to get rid of FOR GOOD.

BTW, you look rather thin in your profile pic...maybe you don't have as much to loose? I still have to loose like 100 pounds, and 120 if I want to get to the "weight charts" perfect BMI. Oh, and welcome! :(

Boo

Hi, I am getting banded Sept. 1, and can't wait to start this weight loss journey. I started my pre-op liquids Aug.19. I have been drinking the EAS Protein Shakes, crystal light, Water. diet pepsi. and iced tea.