Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band75!!!!!!!!!!!

band75!

You and I share the same surgery date!!!

I'll be thinking of you...... my kindred "band" soulmate :ohmy:

Best of luck tomorrow.... I'll be thinking about you!!!

Hugs,

Karen

LOL Karen. Who's going to make the congratulatory posts while you're gone?

I don't know why I feel like crying. I will be alone today. I decided not to tell anyone except my husband. He did not say a supportive or kind word before leaving for work. I will return home sometime Friday and have no clue how I am going to get there. I tried to clean the entire house last night and do laundry. I've heard that he pain is close to that of a C-section. I had the most extreme gas pains afterwards my daughter was born.

I am taking a taxi to the hospital. That is what scared me about this entire process...being alone. After today, I will not have food to confort me. I think I slept less than 4 hours last night and feel so wacky!

Karen, I'll keep you in my prayers today! Gotta go...finish cleaning and drop my daughter off before the cab gets here.

I'm so sorry that you have to be alone in this process. Know that we are all here cheering you on and we will be here for you when you need support afterwards also!

Band75, I'm so sorry that you are going to be alone during the surgery. Please know that you have many friends here and we are with you in spirit. I also want you to know that there are many of us who haven't told others about their surgeries. My mom and boyfriend are the only ones who know about mine.

Band 75,

I hope this isn't too late to tell you... but I'll feel better getting it down anyway.

I had the MUTHA of all c-sections (triplets...) and, within a few months, it ripped open on the inside (incisional hernia) I had it fixed almost 1 year from the date of my c-section.

Recovery from both of those SUCKED ASS in such a huge way, that I was really scared when I also read it was like a c-section recovery.

For me... and I'm sure for you too.... this is a CAKE WALK. I was in surgery, and to the car to go home in 3 hours!! I got myself dressed. I got into jammies when I got home, and have been strolling around the house once I woke up at 3:00. It's currently 7:15, and although I'm sore... this is SO NOT c-section pain.

Listen girl... you need to tell some of your "good" girlfriends that you've had this done. You need to let these girls help take care of you. Stop being so self-conscious. They are going to be so proud of you for getting this band, and if they're not? Then they aren't a friend to you.

When I quit smoking 12 years ago, I was really expecting my husband, who had quit before we got married, to be really supportive. He wasn't AT ALL. But I learned from it. He's just not a super supportive person. He grew up in a "fend for yourself" household, and it totally shows. But, if I ask him to get me some Water, or a pillow, or rub my feet, he'll do it, because I asked. So... tell him what you need! You might be surprised that was all you really needed to do!

You also have all of us to support you. If you're feeling down, please come here, and we'll help you. If you'd like, PM me your cell #, and I'll PM you mine, and you can call me if you're feeling alone!

I thought about you while I was in the hospital today... and was praying for you!!

With hugs and love,

Karen

Thanks ladies fo all the kind words...they mean the world to me!!! Thankfully my husband was able to pick me up. My mother is very nice, but judgemental. To ask her would be like an interview with Larry King (too many questions). When my husband is scared and cannot do anything to help he shuts down. He is Ok, now that I am OK. Thank goodness, because it takes me at least a minute to squirm out of bed. He just lifts me up without straining. It just hurt when he did not mention the surgery. Wow this gas pain is a bit much. It hurts to breath.

Glad to hear things are better, hope the gas passes fast! Why are men so weird when they are not able to "fix" something. My hubby is the same way. He took off and came with me, but was in a funky mood until I woke up and the anesthesia wore off. The last time he ate a meal was Thursday night. THe hospital has a nice cafeteria, but he refuses to eat. I've begged, pleaded, but I'' he will eat is the trail mix I brought for him to snack on. I told him it wouldn't bother me for him to eat in here, and I would be fine if he went and ate down there. I too skwirm my way out of bed, but I can do it! I'll be glad to get out tomorrow so he'll start being is old silly self! We are always here if you need us. My husband doesn't do well with just listening, he always feels like he needs to fix it. So I know I'll be here from time to time when I need a little help. Hugs Patty